ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 aplication for my 2 children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

begozubi
Newly Registered
Venezuela

MN1 aplication for my 2 children

Post by begozubi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Good afternoon. Hope someone can help me.

I was wondering if you could advise in the following matter.

My husband (British Citizen by naturalization 2 years ago aprox.) and me (EEA national - Spain who has lived in UK since 2009 but has never applied for a registration card, since it has never been necessary) want to apply for our kids registration as British Citizens (15 and 13 years old - also Spanish citizens who have lived in UK since 2009 but have not any registration card either).

1) We understand that we must apply using the Form MN1 under section 3 (1) ? (any other case not listed where it is considered to be in the child’s best interests to be granted British citizenship)

2) In Section 1.36, I, as a Spanish national do not have any document that proves granted indefinite leave to remain (have never applied for it as I said before....do I MUST send/ apply for one? or can I explain that I have been living in UK for 5 continuous years, lawfully and send supporting documents.

3) Our kids as Spanish nationals (EEA nationals) should need a EEA registration card to apply to register as British? (I can not see this asked anywhere but was wondering if needed.

Please let me know if you can give me some orientation regarding this or you can help me letting me know which other way I could ask for more information

Kind regards,

Bego

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 aplication for my 2 children

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:56 pm

You/they need to apply for a document certifying PR in order to apply for citizenship (PR = 'free from immigration control or Settled' which is required for children born abroad).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

begozubi
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by begozubi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Many thanks for your response CR001 . To clarify...are you referring to the EEA (PR) form?. Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Correct
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.