ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunnyy2017
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by sunnyy2017 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:39 am

Applied for T4 visa mid August. Till date, I have yet to receive a decision from them although I have paid for priority service. My university last addmission was yesterday and I feel like I have been screwed by UKVI.

Any advice would be appreciated.

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 am

iSYNDICATE wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:49 pm
holu wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:55 pm
iSYNDICATE wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am
Just received an email at 4:30pm today that my passport is ready for collection from the Centre where I applied. Too bad the office closes at 4pm so I'll be collecting first thing in the morning. Just pray to Allah that it has been approved

Hello, did you have another interview? I received the not straightforward email again on 22nd September as well but had another on Sunday 24th September.

I hope to receive to receive my pick up email soon as well.
No I did not. Hopefully nothing's wrong
i had the same timeline
8th Sep application submitted,
22nd received delay email
and today i received an email from my university stating that my case status has been updated to 'used and i will receive a decision shortly, i hope they don't call me for a second interview

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 am

sunnyy2017 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:39 am
Applied for T4 visa mid August. Till date, I have yet to receive a decision from them although I have paid for priority service. My university last addmission was yesterday and I feel like I have been screwed by UKVI.

did they tell you why there're taking so long?, that's not normal for a studen visa case. i think you should call them and ask

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 am

[/quote]

@holu did you receive expected delay email on 24th?

iSYNDICATE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iSYNDICATE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 am

Just went to to visa office at 9:00am and am relieved to say that my visa has been approved. I got an email on 22nd that my visa will be late and on the letter it says that it's been approved on 23rd-Sept. weird that they would send an unnecessary email which caused such panic and stress

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by 123qwerty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 am

sunnyy2017 wrote:

Seems like priority service mid-Aug applicants are being ignored. All I received was an email on 15th Aug that my application was under consideration by an ECO. And that was it. Neither delay nor non-straightforward emails, just a bloody deafening silence. I escalated on 7th September, and still zero correspondence. I was told by UKVI (when I phoned) that I will definitely receive some sort of reply within 15 working days of escalation. We're cutting thin onto day 13.

I'd suggest that you call your uni to discuss if any extension or special circumstances could be allowed, failing which perhaps there is a January intake you may consider? I'm sorry you are being unfairly placed into this situation. Hopefully the university can sort this out with you.

Sushant69
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sushant69 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:38 am

Maldv wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 pm
@Mugatiya26 hahaha lol. 😂 Well that's a relief. Hope you are doing well.
Same situation. BRP has not arrived. Atleast reach d UK.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:40 am

Maldv wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:55 pm
Ok so I am now in the Uk. I went to collect my bro today and they said that it hasn't arrived yet. Is this the case for all delayed visa applicants? Starting to worry yet again.
This happened to me too...will visit again in a day or two

Didisniles123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Didisniles123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:00 am

sunnyy2017 wrote:

Same thing with me, I applied august 23 and also paid for priority service, till now no response from them not even delay email or something. Like it's really depressing waiting this long.

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:13 am

iSYNDICATE wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 am

It's standard. Although I do have a backup plan as my university will let me join in the January stream but I don't even know what to do in this 3-4 months
You could try and volunteer at an NGO.

holu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by holu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 am

rakhshanda hameed wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 am
@holu did you receive expected delay email on 24th?
[/quote]

@rakhshanda hameed. I received the email of Friday 22nd. But I was called by the UKVI on 24th and I had a telephone interview.

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

sunnyy2017 wrote:

I'm applying from NZ. Did you get any emails from UKVI or anyone? I feel they are slower for the Oceanic applicants. Anyone else you know applying?

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:24 am

iSYNDICATE wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 am
Just went to to visa office at 9:00am and am relieved to say that my visa has been approved. I got an email on 22nd that my visa will be late and on the letter it says that it's been approved on 23rd-Sept. weird that they would send an unnecessary email which caused such panic and stress
congratulations, really glad to hear that, did you contact UKVI in the whole process? because it's my 12th day as well and i didn't contact anyone yet, hopefully i get a response soon

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 am

just got the text in my inbox saying my processed visa application has been received, :D hopefully it's a good news, best of luck to everyone else as i can understand the the amount of effort and stress this whole process causes.

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:36 am

rakhshanda hameed wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 am
just got the text in my inbox saying my processed visa application has been received, :D hopefully it's a good news, best of luck to everyone else as i can understand the the amount of effort and stress this whole process causes.
do let us know the outcome.

slimayor123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by slimayor123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am

Hello guys
I collected my visa today.
My Timeline
Online Application july 10
Biometric July 18.
ECR mail July 27.
There is a lot of incompetence in d ukvi office. my school has resumed since Sept 11. My passport has been in d country (Nigeria) with visa on it since August 25. No call, no mail from Teleperfomance. I kept calling ukvi office and dey kept singing escalation song to my ear. Yesterday I went to Teleperfomance office to and my displeasure wen I was told it was not with Dem yet. Someone now advised me to go to British embassy to Lodge company. Wen I got dere ds morning. Was told to wait after complaining. I was dere for more Dan two hours. Later one woman came out a parcel. She called my name and started apologizing. The vignette visa on it has expired. So dey changed it to today date. I'm happy with mixed feeling. My story

holu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by holu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:59 am

slimayor123 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am
Hello guys
My Timeline
Biometric July 18.
ECR mail July 27.
There is a lot of incompetence in d ukvi office. my school has resumed since Sept 11. My passport has been in d country (Nigeria) with visa on it since August 25. No call, no mail from Teleperfomance. I kept calling ukvi office and dey kept singing escalation song to my ear. Yesterday I went to Teleperfomance office to and my displeasure wen I was told it was not with Dem yet. Someone now advised me to go to British embassy to Lodge company. Wen I got dere ds morning. Was told to wait after complaining. I was dere for more Dan two hours. Later one woman came out a parcel. She called my name and started apologizing. The vignette visa on it has expired. So dey changed it to today date. I'm happy with mixed feeling. My story
Wao! This is scary!!! I'm happy that you're still able to get an updated visa which should allow you to travel. I advise that you contact your school immediately so that they can issue a letter confirming that you will still be accepted on the program.

sunnyy2017
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sunnyy2017 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:33 pm

RedTapeIsBad wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am
sunnyy2017 wrote:

I'm applying from NZ. Did you get any emails from UKVI or anyone? I feel they are slower for the Oceanic applicants. Anyone else you know applying?

Hope you get yours soon. This UKVI is giving me heart attack and I am losing the will to fight. Perhaps I should withdraw from the course to use the monies for my dream holiday. No point wasting my time, mental health, and monie on a country that does not value my investment.

sunnyy2017
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sunnyy2017 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:39 pm

slimayor123 wrote:
Hello guys
My Timeline
Biometric July 18.
ECR mail July 27.
Glad you received your visa. :D

Didisniles123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Didisniles123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 pm

slimayor123 wrote:
Hello guys
My Timeline
Biometric July 18.
ECR mail July 27.
where is the British embassy located in Lagos, maybe I should try going there. coz it's just that teleperformance I know.

sunnyy2017
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sunnyy2017 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

rakhshanda hameed wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 am
sunnyy2017 wrote:

did they tell you why there're taking so long?, that's not normal for a studen visa case. i think you should call them and ask
I have written to UKVI, the response was they will escalate the case. I am not going to pay for their poor service. UKVI should refund us if they cannot deliver their promise. Got a feeling that they are desperate for monies. Their system and service were not like this few years ago.

slimayor123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by slimayor123 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Didisniles123 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 pm
slimayor123 wrote:
Hello guys
My Timeline
Biometric July 18.
ECR mail July 27.
where is the British embassy located in Lagos, maybe I should try going there. coz it's just that teleperformance I know.
I applied in Abuja so I went to British embassy in Abuja. U can use your Google map

Umarthegreat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umarthegreat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Hey guys i got my email today hope it helps any of you.
12th interview
13th email
26th email that your passport is here.
Gonna go tommorow to the islamabad office to collect it.

GingerHooper
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sierra Leone

Post by GingerHooper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Have been watching this feed in growing despair. I submitted biometrics on 26 August in Sierra Leone and had interview
5 September - not straightforward email
Last week - notice that most Tier 4s are delayed
Had it expedited as 'urgent'
Now been 22 working days. They have said it could be another 8 because of delays
College started for me on 4 September so already three weeks late to uk
This is awful

rakhshanda hameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rakhshanda hameed » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am

hello guys, picked my passport today and my visa has been approved.
This was my timeline:
biometric & interview: 8th sep
application received email: 11th Sep
expected delay email: 22nd sep
passport arrived text: 26th sep
picked my passport today and it has been stamped on 23rd of sep.
Best of luck everyone