ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by baig5035 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:43 pm

realbrit wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm
Hello to everyone.

I have been reading all the comments and I thought I would contribute.

Timeline

-We applied on Jul 11 2017 for the EEA Family permit
-Jul 12 confirmation that application was recieved by TLS centre
-Jul 18 received by ukvi
-Jul 25 not straightforward email
-Aug 8 paid 5 GBP to send an email
Aug 11 They asked for more info on email, which was provided but still waiting for the fruits of that labor.
Sept 14 phoned and they escalated the case and sent us an email about that
Sept 18 called again to confirm the escalation and sent us an email about that
Sept 25 still waiting for the 15 days to expire, expecting a response and hopefully decision.

This was our first application and to be honest I am shocked by the lack of service standards and transparency at the UKVI. How long does it take to read through an application and then send it back with a yes or no? If that is impossible at least provide applicants with regular and specific updates.
HI,

Exactly same like you except one thing more i did.
My lawyer also contact to ukvi sent letter,email till date they received no any reply.........just waiting with hope good luck for all and wish me good luck.....

realbrit
Newly Registered

Post by realbrit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:41 pm
realbrit wrote:
Hello to everyone.

Timeline

-Jul 18 received by ukvi
Aug 11 They asked for more info on email, which was provided but still waiting for the fruits of that labor.
Sept 25 still waiting for the 15 days to expire, expecting a response and hopefully decision.

This was our first application and to be honest I am shocked by the lack of service standards and transparency at the UKVI. How long does it take to read through an application and then send it back with a yes or no? If that is impossible at least provide applicants with regular and specific updates.
Hi realbrit,

Could you share us what exactly mentioned on those two emails you received?
The emails they sent me said:

Please provide more information so that we can respond to your enquiry.

and the other.

Your enquiry has been escalated we will respond within 15 working days.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 pm

realbrit wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 pm
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:41 pm
realbrit wrote:
Hello to everyone.

Timeline

-Jul 18 received by ukvi

Hi realbrit,

Could you share us what exactly mentioned on those two emails you received?
The emails they sent me said:

Please provide more information so that we can respond to your enquiry.

and the other.

Your enquiry has been escalated we will respond within 15 working days.
Hmmm.. Thanks! But when I escalated via email I did not get any reply from them. Although they confirmed it over the phone only

dokie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dokie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 pm

nufchavq wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 pm
Separately, I think that would be great to have a consolidated view of the various timelines across those who have applied for the EEA FP (and EEA FP only).

I suggest you chaps send me your timelines in the format below, either via a private message on that forum or alternatively on a.arthur(at)gmail.com if you're unregistered and as soon as I would have gathered enough input, I would post a consolidated view in this thread.

I suggest the following format:

- Visa type: EEA FP (only)
- City / Country of application
- Biometrics date:
- Not straightforward email yes/no and date if yes
- Last status update from the UKVI and date of the communication:
- Business days since biometrics (http://www.work-day.co.uk can be helpful)
- Number of escalations and date of the last escalation
- MP involved?
- European Commission involved?
- Ombudsman involved?
- Home Office complaints procedure kicked-off? (the one through complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, *not* the escalation email/phone)
- Any other useful info
Hi
1. EEA FP
2. Lagos/Nigeria
3. 18.7.17
4. 4/8/17
5. 4/8/17
6. 49 working days
7. 1 escalation (August 24)
8. MP involved.
9-12. Nil.

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 pm

It seems that over the past couple of days there was an avalanche of emails with the following content, from the UKVI:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update."

It's just all around the place on other forums and Facebook groups.
My wife applied for EEA FP on 30th June and she didn't get it though.

Anyone on this thread having got that email?

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:21 am

nufchavq wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 pm
It seems that over the past couple of days there was an avalanche of emails with the following content, from the UKVI:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update."

It's just all around the place on other forums and Facebook groups.
My wife applied for EEA FP on 30th June and she didn't get it though.

Anyone on this thread having got that email?
Just saw one of those threads you were talking about:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... -in-sight/

...although that's for the guy's settlement visa, not EEA permit.

I personally have received no such mail. Has anyone else received while waiting for EEA permit?

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am

does anyone here work at the home office or know if they are actually delaying or are we just assuming they are?

Also, why have they not updated processing times since May? Who is accountable for all of this?

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:17 am

Hi

Would anyone know the contact number on which I can find out about my current status for the EEA Family Permit? It has been almost 5 months since I applied.

Thank you
Simran

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:50 am

Hello Everyone,

I am waiting for the permit for 128 days now(working days) i.e 6 months. My application has been escalated 3 times. Today I called the UKVI enquiry number again, and I really don’t know how long I will have to wait.

First of all it is worthless calling the enquiry no. As they cannot help at all. I asked the executive what Escalation really means because I have escalated thrice still nothing. He said it is nothing, just that I had called so they let the UKVI officer know that I was enquiringly about my application and that they send the status. He told me that they had escalated but UKVI is not replying anything.

Then I asked him how long will it take for a decision to be made, Cos from July it shows awaiting decision. For this he replied that there is no timescale. Decision can be made in a month, two months or weeks.

Third I told him that I am worried and that my application is taking so long, so he gave a awarding winning advise- Recall you application and apply again (wtf really)... is this the great service, wait for 6 month to recall, apply and then wait again.

So you can see how we all are so helpless and UKVI is taking its own sweet time.

All the best to all those who are waiting.

Regards,
Byron

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am

Is being without a passport for such a long period and away from family a clear breach of human rights.

Is there a chance I may never see my wife again? What happens if my country does the same?

Am I stuck here never again able to see my wife?

Is there not anything that can be done apart from calling the escalation line?

My two daughters go to bed every night crying asking for their daddy.

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:39 am

Hello Byron and the rest,

Thank you so much for giving an insight as to what the home office does when you call them. I have been waiting for 5 months now and this is the most depressing period I have ever been through. I got married on the 6th of March and have not seen my husband since then. He returned to the UK to work enough in order to show sufficient funds for my visa application. We assumed it would take 60 working days after we received the 'not straightforward' email.
I did receive a notification regarding all my paperwork being cleared and that there will be one last round of check up. It has been one month since they said this and I have not heard from them since then.

I believe they give us false hope to keep us quiet but they should realize that they have no right to play with someones life like this. I feel depressed and low every minute of everyday and there is nothing that can be done.

I hope there is some good news for all of us soon.

Thank you again for all the information you have provided. Its the only thing that keeps me going

Simran

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Dear All,

Just would like to share what email I have recently got. Hope so I get my visa soon and be with my hubby. This wait it's just stressing me and killing me from inside. Hope they don't separate families. Wish could see my hubby soon. Hope so this email what I received is the last and straight away get my decision. I have completed 90 working days. I have minus Saturday's and Sunday's. All the best

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. I do understand that we have made a escalation on your case and I will express to you the reason that we do a escalation is because we don't have the information that you seek, so due to that we have forward your information to the relevant department. Once they receive the escalation they then need to make there necessary checking into your application and then get back to you within the 15 working days period. But it would be them who would get back to you as we have forward your information to them.

They will not contact us with your information as the information is personal information, and it comes under the data protection act.

Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm

nufchavq wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 pm
Separately, I think that would be great to have a consolidated view of the various timelines across those who have applied for the EEA FP (and EEA FP only).

I suggest you chaps send me your timelines in the format below, either via a private message on that forum or alternatively on a.arthur(at)gmail.com if you're unregistered and as soon as I would have gathered enough input, I would post a consolidated view in this thread.

I suggest the following format:

- Visa type: EEA FP (only)
- City / Country of application
- Biometrics date:
- Not straightforward email yes/no and date if yes
- Last status update from the UKVI and date of the communication:
- Business days since biometrics (http://www.work-day.co.uk can be helpful)
- Number of escalations and date of the last escalation
- MP involved?
- European Commission involved?
- Ombudsman involved?
- Home Office complaints procedure kicked-off? (the one through complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, *not* the escalation email/phone)
- Any other useful info
Anyone else, please? That would be hugely helpful to assess where do we stand in terms of responses.
For my part, today marked 60 BD, still nothing from either the UKVI/MP/Solvit and escalated for the 5th time.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Evening everybody,
This is my eea( fp) story:
- EEA FAMILY PERMIT
- Kyiv / Ukraine
- Biometric date:23.08.17
- Not straightforward mail: 11.09.17
- 15.09.2017 I wrote an email to ask for a current status
- Last date of communication from UKVI saying to fill up the application for escalation 19.09.2017.

- 19.09.2017; 25.09.2017 done escalation, but since that there is no any news.
- MP, EU Commission, Ombudsman NO
- Complains NO

Reading all your comments, i see i will be still waiting for a long time.... But tomorrow my husband is going to give them a call, trying to escalate on phone as well.... Not really sure its gonna help, but I am hoping to get at least some news of current situation.
( in my country the processing time is 15 working days... obviously its just written like this, in reality much longer)
Good luck to everyone and share please your updates.

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Guys, check these out: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.go ... de=1557121
Looks like the Sheffield folks are seriously in trouble without reinforcements (UKVI looking to recruit 25 fresh Entry Clearance Officers)

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Please help
I am going to apply for EEA fp and and i do not know where submit supporting documents.some people say only passport and visa form submit in pakistan other supporting documents send to sheffield uk.please tell me if someone know.i am worried please

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 am

Rajput345 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm
Please help
I am going to apply for EEA fp and and i do not know where submit supporting documents.some people say only passport and visa form submit in pakistan other supporting documents send to sheffield uk.please tell me if someone know.i am worried please
hi Rajput,
book appointment in VFS, and bring all documents including your online application form and supportinhat g documents on the appointment day u need to submit everything on the day of your appointment .you can not send any document after that day .
good luck.
regards
Raja Tufail

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 am

Thank you very much Raja tufail sab.I am worried how to submit application.last year my visa refused now i am going to apply again and i have heard about some changing.i did not sleep from last two nights because of this problem. :(

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:55 am

Rajput345 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 am
Thank you very much Raja tufail sab.I am worried how to submit application.last year my visa refused now i am going to apply again and i have heard about some changing.i did not sleep from last two nights because of this problem. :(
There is no change in application process.why did they refuse the last time any reason ?

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 am

Hi all,

My wife and daughters are far too distressed with this situation and I have decided to withdraw my application and move them back to NZ.

Anyone know how I can withdraw my application and get my passport back asap.

Or am I going to be confronted with the same silence situation also trying to get my passport back?

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 am

europehelpme wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 am
Hi all,

My wife and daughters are far too distressed with this situation and I have decided to withdraw my application and move them back to NZ.

Anyone know how I can withdraw my application and get my passport back asap.

Or am I going to be confronted with the same silence situation also trying to get my passport back?
Check the page of the country / centre you applied from. I also looked into this option and for Dusseldorf we would have had to go to the office in person and fill in a form to withdraw the application. They told me the passport would be returned within about a week (but we ended up not withdrawing)

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 am

yanaveron wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm
Evening everybody,
- EEA FAMILY PERMIT
- Kyiv / Ukraine
- Last date of communication from UKVI saying to fill up the application for escalation 19.09.2017.

- Complains NO

Reading all your comments, i see i will be still waiting for a long time.... But tomorrow my husband is going to give them a call, trying to escalate on phone as well.... Not really sure its gonna help, but I am hoping to get at least some news of current situation.
( in my country the processing time is 15 working days... obviously its just written like this, in reality much longer)
Did you receive a confirmation that your case is escalated? Once they confirm it is (either by email or when you call them) the Home Office should come back to you within 15 working days with some form of response. Do not ask to escalate again until the 15 working days is over, because it will put you back in the queue for escalation and it will start again from day 1. When I escalated they did not tell me about the 15 days, so I made the mistake to re-escalate too soon and it made the wait even longer. But in our case the escalation did help. Good luck

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 am

TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 am
yanaveron wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm
Evening everybody,
- EEA FAMILY PERMIT
- Kyiv / Ukraine

- Complains NO

Did you receive a confirmation that your case is escalated? Once they confirm it is (either by email or when you call them) the Home Office should come back to you within 15 working days with some form of response. Do not ask to escalate again until the 15 working days is over, because it will put you back in the queue for escalation and it will start again from day 1. When I escalated they did not tell me about the 15 days, so I made the mistake to re-escalate too soon and it made the wait even longer. But in our case the escalation did help. Good luck

Hi, thank you for the info. No, after escalation via mail, I didn't receive any confirmation mail, for this reason called then today and escalated on phone, they promised to send me an email with confirmation of escalation and during 20 working days ( not 15 working days like before) I suppose to receive a decision.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 am

TalitaZ, what country did you apply from and when?
Thanks

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:23 am

yanaveron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 am
TalitaZ, what country did you apply from and when?
Thanks
Hi,

We applied from Dusseldorf, Germany
I am Dutch, my husband is Indian. Amsterdam didn't have any appointments available so we went to Germany instead.

June 27 - applied in Dusseldorf
July 14 - 'not straightforward' email
July 18 - case escalated - as my husband Schengen Visa would expire on August 1st
July 24 - filed a Complaint with the Home Office
August 8 - Solvit Netherlands took on our case
August 9 - MP emailed Home Office
August 12 - Solvit UK involved
August 14 - received email from Decision Making office in reply to escalation
August 15 - decision made email
August 17 - Passport returned with FP

August 22 - received reply to complaint from Home Office
Sept 11 - MP received reply from Home Office

From the moment I received the 'not straightforward' email I contacted UKVI every few days by phone and email as my husband's Schengen Visa would expire on August 1st so he was going to be stuck in Netherlands illegally.
My MP and Solvit also contacted them and on August 14 I finally received an email with regards to the escalation, basically saying they could not give us a timeframe for the decision but they would forward the info to the clearance officer team. Apparently that did help as the decision was made the same day. I think we were 'lucky' that his current Visa had expired to speed things up.

The home office did end up replying to the MP's email on Sept 11th but the Visa had already been granted on August 15th.

Good luck!
Talita