ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yanaveron
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by yanaveron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:37 am

TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:23 am
yanaveron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 am
TalitaZ, what country did you apply from and when?
Thanks
Hi,

We applied from Dusseldorf, Germany
I am Dutch, my husband is Indian. Amsterdam didn't have any appointments available so we went to Germany instead.

June 27 - applied in Dusseldorf
July 14 - 'not straightforward' email
July 18 - case escalated - as my husband Schengen Visa would expire on August 1st
July 24 - filed a Complaint with the Home Office
August 8 - Solvit Netherlands took on our case
August 9 - MP emailed Home Office
August 12 - Solvit UK involved
August 14 - received email from Decision Making office in reply to escalation
August 15 - decision made email
August 17 - Passport returned with FP

August 22 - received reply to complaint from Home Office
Sept 11 - MP received reply from Home Office

From the moment I received the 'not straightforward' email I contacted UKVI every few days by phone and email as my husband's Schengen Visa would expire on August 1st so he was going to be stuck in Netherlands illegally.
My MP and Solvit also contacted them and on August 14 I finally received an email with regards to the escalation, basically saying they could not give us a timeframe for the decision but they would forward the info to the clearance officer team. Apparently that did help as the decision was made the same day. I think we were 'lucky' that his current Visa had expired to speed things up.

The home office did end up replying to the MP's email on Sept 11th but the Visa had already been granted on August 15th.

Good luck!
Talita

What a stress you had passed through... I am happy for you that its over now...
Hope everyone will get the decision ASAP
Thank you

Yogitea
Newly Registered

Post by Yogitea » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Richard W wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:26 am
Yogitea wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 pm
The only challenges are that you non EEA spouse might have difficulty in convincing employers and other relevant authourities that they as a direct family member of an EEA citizen have the right to work in the uk.The residence card is only a confirmation of an existing right under the eu laws.
Hope this little information would be of help.
A residence card is rather more than that. It is an employer's protection against a £20,000 fine and loss of tier 2 (or tier 4) sponsor's licence if the bearer's spouse turns out not to have been a qualified person or permanent resident.

As to entry without a family permit, the challenge is to get to the UK border.
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your feedback

I do not know what are you talking about ?

I meant if you are EU citizen and your wife got the EU visa from your origin country then She has the full right to enter in the UK with her husband. Then to work I have no idea but the most important is to be with the one you love....then to work it depends on your choice...If so, you can apply for a resident card.

All the best

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Yogitea wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:10 pm
I meant if you are EU citizen and your wife got the EU visa from your origin country then She has the full right to enter in the UK with her husband. Then to work I have no idea but the most important is to be with the one you love....then to work it depends on your choice...If so, you can apply for a resident card.
I don't know what you mean by 'the EU visa from your origin country'.

The main point I was making is that there is quite a gap between the legal theory and the practicality of EEA rights without residence cards.

Yogitea
Newly Registered

Post by Yogitea » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:29 pm

agnieszka1509 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm
Yogitea wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm
agnieszka1509 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:28 pm
Hi guys,

The more I read this thread the more frustrated I feel.
As many of you, me and my husband are in similar situation. He applied from Rabat/Morocco on 5th f June 2017 and the only information we received from them was "not straightforward" email on 28th of June 2017.

On the day of application gov website said processing times for Rabat are 90 working days max, but to our surprise they have changed it recently to 60 working days. I can only hope they started moving forward with processing all applications.
We escalated our case on Monday I do hope it will help.

Stay patient,

Agnieszka
Hi Agnieszka,

I hope you are well... Exactly same situation. I think it is all linked with current brexit issue because last year it was so quick to get your visa done but this year it is just a nightmare.

Did you receive any update ?

Keep in touch

All the best
Hello Yogitea,

I have received answer after 4 days saying they can escalate for me if my waiting period is greater then processing times stated on gov website. I got also link to check it and guess what? surprise surprise !!! they changed it to 90 days again :cry: This is just insane. We have to wait another 4 weeks before we can properly escalate.

What is your timeline? Where did you/your spouse applied from?

All the best,

Agnieszka
Hi Agnieszka,

I know it is a shame honestly we just want to live with our partnership.
From the same country like your husband in July.

Still no feedback, but it is definitely due to Brexit issue.

I advise all of us to start to speak up as follow:

- On Twitter : #UKVI #Backlog #Shefield #EEAFamilyPermit #Brexit #UK
Contact BBC and all the english news paper...MP...

-Facebook ....

Share in all the forum ...

We need to speak up because people at UKVI Shefield need our support as well. It is not entirely their fault there are a huge lack of manpower overthere.

I hope it helps

Keep in touch

Yogitea
Newly Registered

Post by Yogitea » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Richard W wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 pm
Yogitea wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:10 pm
I don't know what you mean by 'the EU visa from your origin country'.

The main point I was making is that there is quite a gap between the legal theory and the practicality of EEA rights without residence cards.
Let's say you are spanish italian french or any countries in the EU.
You can apply for a Visa from your country for your wife then your wife will need to go to your country of origin first then travel with you....

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 am

Yogitea wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Let's say you are spanish italian french or any countries in the EU.
You can apply for a Visa from your country for your wife then your wife will need to go to your country of origin first then travel with you....
If the wife is a visa national, you still end up in France or Belgium to travel to the UK along or under the surface. You'd be very lucky to manage to fly to the UK.

It depends on the country, but if you're not a Dane, it seems that Denmark is a relatively easy place to get married.

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 am

nufchavq wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm
Guys, check these out: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.go ... de=1557121
Looks like the Sheffield folks are seriously in trouble without reinforcements (UKVI looking to recruit 25 fresh Entry Clearance Officers)
Good sleuthing skills, Nufchavq!!

This kind of explains everything tbh... not just 1 or 2 but 25 officers short!

TP1982
Newly Registered

Post by TP1982 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 am

Dear all,
Like many of you, i have been checking this forum everyday, many times a day waiting for good news from anyone. Today finally it is my turn to share the good news. My wife got her EEA FP yesterday.
She applied on 9 June from a country where 100% of applications are processed within 30 days. We escalated 3 times after the 30 days. In every escalation i mentioned the fact that our children are missing out on their education by not being with me in the UK. Finally this week a decision was made and my wife got the passport with the visa.
The MP could not help. SOLVIT has been in contact with UKVI but couldnt expedite the process.
I believe these delays are due to staff shortages in the Home Office.
I has been a very difficult 15 weeks waiting time. I imagine how difficult it would be for those in the 6th month. Do not lose your hope, a decision will come very soon for all.

In case you havent applied yet or got a refusal, one more useful information. I am told of many people that were given the EEA FP on arrival when they had all the document of the application. These are cases where people travel from within EEA countries to the UK by ferry or train. This is all i know.

Wish you all the best.
God bless

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:35 am

Hello all

Here to update on my application.

It’s been more than 120 days and still no news. My MP is still awaiting reply from UKVI. Solvit still hasn’t come back to me yet. I have escalated my case twice and still no luck. My third escalation is already due but I am not going to bother with it.

Those who have not been following my case from beginning-

Apply date 03/04/17
Applied from Mumbai

Good luck to all

Irfan

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Bollox wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:35 am
Hello all

It’s been more than 120 days and still no news. My MP is still awaiting reply from UKVI. Solvit still hasn’t come back to me yet. I have escalated my case twice and still no luck. My third escalation is already due but I am not going to bother with it.

Apply date 03/04/17
Applied from Mumbai

Good luck to all

Irfan
Hi
Same exactly your time frame ring up today same story nothing new no nay update except to wait only with hope.
i would like to request you how to involve SOLVIT guide me plz i want to involve them may it will help me thanks
I checked solvit website but i dont know exactly which option i have to select ..? thanks
pray for all....

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 pm

baig5035 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:12 pm
Bollox wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:35 am
Hello all

Apply date 03/04/17
Applied from Mumbai

Good luck to all

Irfan
Hi
Same exactly your time frame ring up today same story nothing new no nay update except to wait only with hope.
i would like to request you how to involve SOLVIT guide me plz i want to involve them may it will help me thanks
I checked solvit website but i dont know exactly which option i have to select ..? thanks
pray for all....
Hello
Ask your partner, I believe is European to fill the online form. She has to put her details stating how it is breaching her eu treaty rights. Her home country Solvit team will get in touch and they will advise further.

Regards
Irfan

realbrit
Newly Registered

Post by realbrit » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Willyboy wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 am
nufchavq wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm
Guys, check these out: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.go ... de=1557121
Looks like the Sheffield folks are seriously in trouble without reinforcements (UKVI looking to recruit 25 fresh Entry Clearance Officers)
Good sleuthing skills, Nufchavq!!

This kind of explains everything tbh... not just 1 or 2 but 25 officers short!
This job ad is ridiculous, to be 25 clearance officers short is beyond belief. Why on earth didn't they let people know, I for one would have avoided this mess. Classic

realbrit
Newly Registered

Post by realbrit » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Does anyone know how to cancel an application?

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:17 pm

realbrit wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 pm
there is this form
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:27 pm

wegiwegi wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:17 pm
realbrit wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 pm
there is this form
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
You cannot use this form if :

You want to enquire about the progress of your application.
You applied for a visa from outside the UK. You must contact the visa application centre where the application was made. Get contact details using our visa application centre.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:01 pm

I have been following this thread for sometime. Here are the timelines for the FP application we submitted from Ireland for my non-EEA dependent father.
We have been waiting for around 100 working day. The max timeline for Ireland is 30 days on home office site.

Application submitted : 9th May
Sheffield visa office acknowledged the receipt:14th May
Not straight forward email: 29th May

Escalated 5 times with reasons that my father's ireland visa got expired so he is now over stayer. My wife is now very near her delivery date (baby due soon) and she is stuck in ireland due to my father.
No response for any of the escalations.

We have Reported to solvit and complained as well but no progress for us as yet.

It is a very frustrating situation. We have waited so long that canceling the application seems like a very difficult option.
Sorry guys... do not want to dampen your hopes but it does not look good.

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 pm

njoseph wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:01 pm
I have been following this thread for sometime. Here are the timelines for the FP application we submitted from Ireland for my non-EEA dependent father.
We have been waiting for around 100 working day. The max timeline for Ireland is 30 days on home office site.

Escalated 5 times with reasons that my father's ireland visa got expired so he is now over stayer. My wife is now very near her delivery date (baby due soon) and she is stuck in ireland due to my father.

We have Reported to solvit and complained as well but no progress for us as yet.

It is a very frustrating situation. We have waited so long that canceling the application seems like a very difficult option.
That's truly outrageous.
The longest I saw so far for an EEA FP was 126 business days (and granted) - anyone waiting for longer than that, or at least more than 90 business days?

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 pm

TP1982 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 am
Dear all,
Like many of you, i have been checking this forum everyday, many times a day waiting for good news from anyone. Today finally it is my turn to share the good news. My wife got her EEA FP yesterday.
She applied on 9 June from a country where 100% of applications are processed within 30 days. We escalated 3 times after the 30 days. In every escalation i mentioned the fact that our children are missing out on their education by not being with me in the UK. Finally this week a decision was made and my wife got the passport with the visa.
The MP could not help. SOLVIT has been in contact with UKVI but couldnt expedite the process.
I believe these delays are due to staff shortages in the Home Office.
I has been a very difficult 15 weeks waiting time. I imagine how difficult it would be for those in the 6th month. Do not lose your hope, a decision will come very soon for all.

In case you havent applied yet or got a refusal, one more useful information. I am told of many people that were given the EEA FP on arrival when they had all the document of the application. These are cases where people travel from within EEA countries to the UK by ferry or train. This is all i know.

Wish you all the best.
God bless
Have you got a "Not straightforward" email?

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:54 am

nufchavq wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 pm
njoseph wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:01 pm

That's truly outrageous.
The longest I saw so far for an EEA FP was 126 business days (and granted) - anyone waiting for longer than that, or at least more than 90 business days?

125 working days today. Still no answer.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 am

TP1982 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 am
That is not the family permit, but the 'wet ink stamp'. It used to be a 'Code 1A stamp', but has now been replaced in this function by the 'EEA Regulations stamp'.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:34 am

Hello Everyone ,
need some advice on EEA Family Permit, i have hired a Solicitor for my case also but still what to know if any practical cases someone experienced here. i am a non EEA national, married to Polish National, like to apply for dependent visa for my mother. i am attaching the following documents, please let me know if i am missing anything on it.

1) My Passport copy
2) Wife Passport copy
3) Son Passport copy
4) Marriage certificate
5) Birth Certificate SON
6) Bank Statement 6 months myself
7) Payslips 6 months
8) Bank Statement 6 months wife
9) wife payslips 6 months
10) Council House tendency contract
10a ) council tax bill, Sky Bill, Tv licence, Child Benefit letter, Working tax & child tax credit letter though we dont get anymore
11) saving account statement myself for 5k
12) saving account statment myself for 4k from non eea country
13) remittance to mother for last 12 months
14) remittance bank account of mother where remittance transfered
15) tendency agreement on my mother name where she recevied some money
15a)Property documents on my mother name
16) family house documents on my fathers name
17) TB test
18) Mother n father joint Bank statement & Account maintence letter.
19) Father Passport copy

Do i miss anything for EEA direct family members ?

waiting for your soonest answer thank you :)

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi everybody!
Could anybody please explain to me, if it is so "easy" to enter to UK by getting that stamp ( doesn't matter how it is called), why do so many people spend 100 days of waiting for Family Permit?

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:50 pm

120 working days completed still waiting...

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:52 pm

He everyone,

I applied on the 3rd of July 2017 and yet no news at all.

Does anyone who applied in late June 2017 or early July 2017 have any news on their cases?

Guys please do share your news at your earliest convenience!

Much appreciated!

Attykitty
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Attykitty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi guys,

I applied on the 1st of August and still waiting. I got the "not straightforward email" on 17th of August.

Today I got news from a friend on a fb group that she went to VFS to collect her passport and it's a yes. Good for her but I'm wondering how Sheffield works now. She applied on 6th of September, received "not straightforward email" on 22nd and got her EEA FP today - 29th of September.
I have another friend who applied on 19th of June and hasn't got anything yet.

What's going on here? Anybody knows why it works like that? Please tell me. I'm so confused and frustrated.