ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa after Main Applicant ILR (5 Years Tier 2 )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ILRdoubts
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa after Main Applicant ILR (5 Years Tier 2 )

Post by ILRdoubts » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi All ,
I came to UK in Sep 2010 in Tier 2 ICT (Visa issues in Feb 2010 - so eligible for ILR ) ,
Got Married in Feb 2013 and wife came to UK in March 2013
Child Born in Jan 2015 and came to UK in Aug 2015

I switched from tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General in Jan 2016 and All 3 of us have valid visa until 2019 March

Sep 2016 I applied for ILR and got it approved (5 year Route)

My Question
1) Is the dependent visa valid until march 2019 ,
2) should i apply for PBS Dependent or any other visa because i switched to ILR ?
3) Can i apply for my child citizenship when i apply for mine in sep 2017
4) If i switch company after this should i change my dependent visa to PBS dependent or other visa ?(will dependent visa becomes invalid because my company will cancel the COS ?
5) In March 2018 my wife will complete 5 years and will be eligible for ILR can i apply at that time
6) When can i apply for my child ILR ?

I have seen many topics in ILR dependnet but most of them are based on 10 year route , please help me clarify my doubts , Please direct me to any topic if already present in the forum.

Thanks in Advance
Kind Regards
Mani

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant Visa after Main Applicant ILR (5 Years Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Yes, if that is what the visa states as the expiry date.
2) should i apply for PBS Dependent or any other visa because i switched to ILR ?
Dependents can continue on their current visa until qualifying for ILR after 5 years residence.
No. If child was born abroad, the child will be expected to hold ILR. Child will qualify for ILR when mother does.
4) If i switch company after this should i change my dependent visa to PBS dependent or other visa ?(will dependent visa becomes invalid because my company will cancel the COS ?
Dependents can stay on their current visa. There is no need to change their visa status and does NOT become invalid. You are free to work for any employer you wish to, no effect on dependent visa.
5) In March 2018 my wife will complete 5 years and will be eligible for ILR can i apply at that time
Yes
When you wife applies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRdoubts
Newly Registered

Post by ILRdoubts » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Thank you very much CR001

1 last question, we are planning to go to India or Germany early next year , from your reply i understand their is no effect on dependent visa so i hope their will not be any issues in immigration when we return to UK?

Thanks once again for the reply you have cleared all my doubts , till now i was thinking i have spend again for my dependents visa fees

Kind Regards
Mani

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:23 pm

No, they hold a valid visa should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jyopav126
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Visa after Main Applicant ILR (5 Years Tier 2 )

Post by jyopav126 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 am

ILRdoubts wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:44 pm
Hi All ,
I came to UK in Sep 2010 in Tier 2 ICT (Visa issues in Feb 2010 - so eligible for ILR ) ,
Got Married in Feb 2013 and wife came to UK in March 2013
Child Born in Jan 2015 and came to UK in Aug 2015

I switched from tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General in Jan 2016 and All 3 of us have valid visa until 2019 March

Sep 2016 I applied for ILR and got it approved (5 year Route)

My Question

I have seen many topics in ILR dependnet but most of them are based on 10 year route , please help me clarify my doubts , Please direct me to any topic if already present in the forum.

Thanks in Advance
Kind Regards
Mani
Hi Mani
I am in similar situation like you. Can you please tell me, have you continued your wife visa under Tier 2 general dependent, did you faced any issue while going in and out of UK for her?

ManiILRDoubts
Newly Registered
India

Post by ManiILRDoubts » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 am

Hi jyopav126
This is Mani, who posted this question first , i lost my password and not able to reset, so created a new user name.

I can confirm their is no problem with dependent visa, i have been out of UK twise after my ILR
we didnt face any issues

All the best
Thanks
Mani

jyopav126
Newly Registered

Post by jyopav126 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm

ManiILRDoubts wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 am
Hi jyopav126
This is Mani, who posted this question first , i lost my password and not able to reset, so created a new user name.

I can confirm their is no problem with dependent visa, i have been out of UK twise after my ILR
we didnt face any issues

All the best
Thanks
Mani
Thanks Mani for confirming. Really appreciate.

Jyopav