ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for children born before PR and after PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

allain

BC for children born before PR and after PR

Post by allain » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Dear mods and everyone
I will try to keep this as short as possible, because i can see people make lods of threads with questions but there are few people to answer.

long story short.
i am EU national with PR.
One child is born before i got PR and
One child born after the PR.

I know they are two different situations.

Just to keep it short please help me with the link how to apply for their BC.

Do i need to fill passport app here

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

or need to fill MN1 .

Please let me know thanks guys very much

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: BC for children born before PR and after PR

Post by Tea_Rocket » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 pm

If the child born before you acquired PR was born in the UK, then s/he can be registered using Form MN1. Make sure to read the guide, as that will likely answer most of your questions about filling in the form (or at least help you ask good questions when you have them). The payment slip for the application is the last page of this document. The preceding pages tell you how much each application costs (registration through MN1 is currently £973).

You might also consider using a Nationality Checking Service (NCS) to submit your child's registration application, as it will allow you to keep the original documents while the application is under consideration. If you use this service, you can apply for your child's UK passport at the same time (which will add the cost of the passport application to the fee). Otherwise, you will have to wait until after your child's registration certificate arrives to apply for his or her passport.

If the child born after you acquired PR was born in the UK, the s/he is already a British citizen, and you can apply for his/her passport directly using the online form or by getting an application from the Post Office. You will need to send the Passport Office your PR card as well as the child's birth certificate showing that you are his/her parent, plus any other documents requested in passport application guide. If your child was born after you received your PR, but before the date on your PR card, you will probably also need to send the letter that confirms the date that you received your PR.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:11 am

allain wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 pm
i am EU national with PR.
One child is born before i got PR and
One child born after the PR.
Where were they born?

If child born in the UK If child born outside the UK
  • What is the UK Immigration status of the other parent?

Children born abroad typically have the same immigration status as that of the less-privileged parent and are expected to hold PR themselves as well as the other parent to hold PR, with one parent at least also holding British citizenship.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

allain

Post by allain » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Hey guys today received B.Passport for the child born after PR.

Now gathering all documents to apply for MN1 for the child born before PR.

This forum is so helpful, saved me alot of money going to solicitors, think they should charge everyone £10 for registeration to this website. :lol: :lol: :lol: