ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help: Applying EEA permit from outside UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Does a non - EU spouse of an EU national need a visa to Uk?

Post by leana » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Me, an Czech man and my non EU national girl friend are going to move to the Uk next month ( because i have a job offer there). She has a book which looks similar to passport has wording
" residence card for a family member of an European Union citizen"
I read on the Uk government website. They say the article 10 & 20 residence card are not required a visa to Uk
"An Article 10 residence card should feature the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”.
She is having an issued book which has exactly the wording in article 10. But im not sure because it issued in czech where is my home country and working im there), so it should be a residence card or residence permit?
AlSo, does she need a visa to come to the UK, even we are going to travel together, do the immigration at the same time?
If yes, can u guys put the link where i can apply it? Im trying to research but it turns my head crazy.
Thank you

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Does a non - EU spouse of an EU national need a visa to Uk?

Post by leana » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Can someone answer me pls?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:07 pm

An unmarried partner is an extended family member, and you must have cohabited for 2 years as a couple.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by leana » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:07 pm
An unmarried partner is an extended family member, and you must have cohabited for 2 years as a couple.
Yes, we've been together for 3 years. And we made this partnership visa, then she got the residence card as i mention above. And now im asking can she use that residence card as the visa to come to the uk? Or she need to do the EEA permit?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm

She should have a visa under Czech local law if u r Czech and in CZ. Did you get together in another EU country?

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by leana » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm
She should have a visa under Czech local law if u r Czech and in CZ. Did you get together in another EU country?
We've together a lot of countries during 3 years but just for travelling. At the time did that residence card, i was working and living in CZ so i think she might has the one issued under the Cz laws not EU laws. But her residence card has wording " residence card of a family member of Eu citizen" which is matched with the article 10 residence card.
So confused

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm

leana wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:45 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm
We've together a lot of countries during 3 years but just for travelling. At the time did that residence card, i was working and living in CZ so i think she might has the one issued under the Cz laws not EU laws. But her residence card has wording " residence card of a family member of Eu citizen" which is matched with the article 10 residence card.
So confused
Confusing me too!! Either it was issued in error or she's leading a double life!

izihaq14
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by izihaq14 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 pm

she need visa and must travel with you to uk.... not big issue she will get visa in 2 weeks so like this you can travel easily with no problem

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Does a non - EU durable partner of an EU national need a visa to Uk?

Post by Richard W » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am

izihaq14 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 pm
she need visa and must travel with you to uk.... not big issue she will get visa in 2 weeks so like this you can travel easily with no problem
Do you have any credible evidence of such a prompt turn around?

I believe that UKVI is defeated by the likes of the Czech residence card. Is there any way to tell it from a residence card issued in accordance with Article 10 of 2004/38/EC. If not, then I think it will be accepted.

In the mean time, I've corrected the missing title. This is not about spouses, who have entry rights independent of residence cards.

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by leana » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:20 am

I case of she has to apply EEA permit, which papers we need to prove that we are unmarried couple (durable relationship ) AGAIN?
Is this enough if i just submit:
- translation of the accommodation letter that we are living together at the same address
- travelling tickets includes our names
- a cover letter
Also, we are both outside Uk, do i have to submit my finacial papers in CZ for her EEa permit? ( or the financial papers is only for the one who already stayed in the UK?
Do i have to submit my job offer in london as well to prove that im going to be a 'qualified person'?
It is quite annoying if we have to do everything again to prove our relationship even she has already her CZ residence card

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Need help: Applying EEA permit from outside UK

Post by leana » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:31 pm

My case is:
Im CZECH And I have a durable relationship (unmarried partner) with my non EU girlfriend. Of course, we did the residence card so now she is holding the residence card of a family member of a european union citizen.
We are going to UK because i have a job offer there. We are doing the EEA permit for her now so she can join with me in the UK
My questions are:
- how can we prove our relationship to UKVI when we are unmarried partner, but she already has the residence card of a family member of a EU CITIZEN? Do we have to submit again everything like pictures, mails, ...., again??
-she is unemployed. do i have to submit my financial statements in CZ ? Or just submit the job offer in UK to show them im going to be a qualified person?
- the application online form (VAF5) is look like just for the one already in the UK. Can i submit the hand writing form instead ?( which is more clear)

Im totally stuck in the way to prove relationship, financial ( we're going to settle down in UK), even the address we havent chosen yet ( it is too early to deposit a house now)
Anyone who has the same case please give a guideline?
Im going crazy pls help me.

leana
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Need help: Applying EEA permit from outside UK

Post by leana » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Anyone can give me advise?