ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national PR fees

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rerdos
Newly Registered

EU national PR fees

Post by rerdos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi guys,

I just had a look at the joint technical note on the comparison of EU-UK positions on citizens' rights:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ens-rights

And I started to wonder at this:
Fees for documentation: Free of charge or for a charge not exceeding that imposed on nationals for issuing of similar documents.

Do you think there is a possibility that all the EU nationals in the UK have to pay £2297 just to be able to stay in the UK? As the current price of ILR is £2297 and it will possibly increase by 20-25% every year.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: EU national PR fees

Post by Richard W » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:11 pm

DON'T PANIC!

The phrase used is the same phrase as is used for the charge for residence cards in 2004/38/EC. I think 'nationals' is to be interpreted as 'citizens', not as mere nationals. The UK interprets the upper bound as the charge for a passport - and I've seen no hint that they're planning to add the cost of a nationality status letter to the fee.

rerdos
Newly Registered

Re: EU national PR fees

Post by rerdos » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Richard W wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:11 pm
DON'T PANIC!

The phrase used is the same phrase as is used for the charge for residence cards in 2004/38/EC. I think 'nationals' is to be interpreted as 'citizens', not as mere nationals. The UK interprets the upper bound as the charge for a passport - and I've seen no hint that they're planning to add the cost of a nationality status letter to the fee.
Also I believe there would be an outrage if all the 3 million EU citizens would need to pay £2297 each.

I really hope they will stick to their current £65 DCPR fees.