ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is Urgency Letter ? Does MP letter helps to get decision quicker?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gok2017
Newly Registered

What is Urgency Letter ? Does MP letter helps to get decision quicker?

Post by Gok2017 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi,

Application Sent 3/05/2017
Biometrics and Complex letter on Same month within 2 weeks.

Awaiting decision online -last updated 8 May.

So Nearly 5 months completed.

1) My depedent got a job offer, but the company wants passport for on onboarding.

2) Also to open a business bank account for another company, requires passport and visa.

Can I use the above 2 points in emergency letter ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Gok

zimba
Mood:

Re: What is Urgency Letter ? Does MP letter helps to get decision quicker?

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:22 pm

There is no urgency letter and you cannot expedite an immigration application. You must hold until you hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Gok2017 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:13 pm
Hi,

Application Sent 3/05/2017
Biometrics and Complex letter on Same month within 2 weeks.

Awaiting decision online -last updated 8 May.

So Nearly 5 months completed.

1) My depedent got a job offer, but the company wants passport for on onboarding.

2) Also to open a business bank account for another company, requires passport and visa.

Can I use the above 2 points in emergency letter ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Gok
Sure you can. There is nothing that says what can and cannot be in a letter seeking expedited consideration. Add as much documentation - letter from employer, bank, etc if possible.

There is no official process for that, so whether HO will take action on that is entirely up to them.

If you follow this forum, you will see many cases (but not all) where a letter by an MP resulted in a decision soon after - no way of being sure that is what made it happen or whether it was just a coincidence. But no one has had a harm because for that.

Also, you can request the passport back for identification purposes without impacting your application. Google for the online form for return of documents and make sure you specify the reason and that you are not withdrawing the application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:47 am

We have so many other problems in our life but UKVI is treating us like a donkey as we only eating grass and living in a stable and we dont have any other priority in our life.
Its been 8 months am waiting for the decision and every single day is like a torture.
They to need consider us as a human being.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Its been 9 months for me!
I completely agree with you.

I involved my MP after 7.5 months and got the same generic response: HO told that my case is complex so its taking long.

5 weeks after MP involvement I had my interview. Not sure if MP involvement helped!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.