ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test - driving licence proof of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JeroenS
Newly Registered

Life in UK Test - driving licence proof of address

Post by JeroenS » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 am

This feels like a really silly question to ask, but it's a bit of an odd form of phrasing that I hope you could help me with.

According to the websites, a driving licence is a valid proof of address, but it also states that a proof of address needs to be dated to within three months of the test. Does this really apply to drivers licences as well?

I've never had it be a requirement for proof of address when using a licence before, and considering their validity length it seems like a weird demand to have here. Are they strict on this, or is there an exception for licences? Does anyone have any experiences with this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in UK Test - driving licence proof of address

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:51 am

You need a bank statement or utility bill not older than 3 months for proof of address for LIUK.

Drivers licence can be used as proof of identity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JeroenS
Newly Registered

Post by JeroenS » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:18 am

I'm sorry, but the official guidance seems to state otherwise:
You must also bring proof of your address that has your name and post code on it. It must be dated within 3 months of the day of your test. This can be a:

gas, electricity or water bill
Council Tax bill
letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it
UK photocard driving licence
bank or credit card statement
It says it is allowed, but also that it needs to be dated within 3 months of the date of the test, which seems odd to me to ask for a driving licence.

Bees_Matter
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Bees_Matter » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:31 pm

I used my driving licence for proving the address last month. So you can use it. Good luck.

mykl85
Newly Registered

Post by mykl85 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi,

I got the same questions too. Can i use provisional driving license? even not dated within 3 months of the date of the test? because some of my proof of address i don't show my middle name.