ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years long residency requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gt23

ILR 10 years long residency requirements

Post by gt23 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi

I qualify for ILR 10 years long residency. I came to the UK mid of September 2007. Currently on Entrepreneur extension - Approved end of July 2017.

I wanted to know where is the most updated application form? Can someone provide me a link with guidance and application form.

I would like to apply for premium service and how can I do it?

I have passed my Life in the UK test. I have bachelor degree from UK for English requirement. What other documents do I need?

Is there a mantainace fund requirement?

Any other requirement to be aware of before applying?

Thanks for your help

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR 10 years long residency requirements

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 am

No maintenance requirement.
U need to fill set (lr) form. book appointment on ukvi website.
u need all your previous passports covering 10 years visas. No other requirement, besides the one u have fulfilled.

gt23

Premium service Set LR issue

Post by gt23 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi

I have booked and paid for set LR premium service and my appointment is due soon.

When i click the download button on my online account it takes me to the website link for Set LR application form. On this form there is no option to tick payment already made for premium service. What should i do?

Is there a separate application form for Premium service?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium service Set LR issue

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:35 pm

No need to "tick" anything if you have paid online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gt23

Post by gt23 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks

Do i need to attach that section 1 with application form (as it only relates to payment details) or just give them the form from Section 2 with payment reciept?

Also, do i need to provide proof of address document?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:33 pm

1. Submit the whole form, just leave payment section blank (covered 100's of times on the forum).

2. No. Only submit what the form asks for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gt23

New ILR form. Q B10, B12 and D20

Post by gt23 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi

I am going for my 10 year ILR soon - premium service.

For B10- I have ticked unmarried partner as i am living with my girlfriend over 2 years.

My partner is EU national, she has lived in the UK over 8 years but she hasnt applied for PR card yet. Is she considered settled? If yes, then i need to cmplete section B12.

Now for B12- HO have asked to provide evidence if you are in genuine relationship with a settled person? But they havent specified what type of documents they need? Is photocopy of council tax paper enough (as this is not unmarried partner visa i am applying for)?
Do i need to provide her passport photocopy?

For D20- what reasons they want us to write?

Page 26- Will i have to provide my partners details in this section as i am providing cohabiting details in form of council tax?

Thanks

gt23

New ILR form. Q B10, B12 and D20 - Pleas help

Post by gt23 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Please help

gt23

Re: New ILR form. Q B10, B12 and D20 - urgent help needed

Post by gt23 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi

Can anyone please help me with the questions below:

Hi

I am going for my 10 year ILR soon - premium service.

For B10- I have ticked unmarried partner as i am living with my girlfriend over 2 years.

My partner is EU national, she has lived in the UK over 8 years but she hasn't applied for PR card yet. Is she considered settled? (With Brexit i am not sure of the status) If yes, then i need to complete section B12.

Now for B12- HO have asked to provide evidence if you are in genuine relationship with a settled person? But they havent specified what type of documents they need? Is photocopy of council tax paper enough (as this is not unmarried partner visa i am applying for)?
Do i need to provide her passport photocopy?

Page 26- Will i have to provide my partners details in this section as i am providing cohabiting details in form of council tax?

To the moderator why have you merged my post, it stops people from replying as it shows I have 7 replies, whereas I have zero replies. Can you please separate them.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: New ILR form. Q B10, B12 and D20

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 am

Have you spend any time as a partner of an EU national in the UK during the last 10 years ??
If you are on Tier 1E route and always have been under PBS, why is it even relevant that you are in relationship with an EU national ??
In that case your ILR under 10 years private life has nothing to do with your EU partner :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gt23

Post by gt23 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi Zimba

Thanks for your reply.

I am applying ILR on 10 years long residency. I am not sure what is 10 years private life visa? Is it the same? I have used set LR form and paid for premium service £2887. Is that right?

Fortunately all my visa have been succesful- student, Psw and entrepreneur. At the moment i am on Entrepreneur extension. I have never been on any eea visa. Its just that she is my girlfriend and we have lived together.

Its section B10 that asks about relationship status. As i have been living with my girlfriend for over 2 years i was thinking to tick "Unmarried partner". I am not sure what to tick single or unmarried partner?

Do i only tick unmarried partner if i am on eea visa for unmarried partner or is it just standard for anyone who has lived with their partner for 2 years no matter what nationality?

I know its not relevant but new ILR form section b12 asks you to provide evidence if you are in genuine relationship with a settled person. I am not sure if she is consideeed as settled as she does not have PR card?

I am confused. :|

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Long residence ILR is based on 10 years of lawful private life in the UK. The fact that you have an EU partner makes no difference at all.
You can tell them about your relationship and send documents (if you have any) but this has no effect on your SET(LR) anyway
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gt23

Post by gt23 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Thanks zimba

So is it ok to tick "unmarried partner" for section b10 and do not give any details in section b12 as she does not yet have PR or settled status (as per gov.uk - eu citizen "settled status" is still not confirmed)? :?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Yes. Your ILR has nothing to do with her