ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Applications by WP holders

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Applications by WP holders

Post by priya.agrawal » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:23 pm

I am a work permit holder and my WP visa is due to expire in first week of July.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1(General) but my employer is planning to send me back to India in mid May.

1) If I apply and my result does not comes before my departure (mid May), will my application still be valid in-country application?
2) If my result comes before my departure, can I still leave UK and come anytime during validity of my Tier 1 Visa?

Can you please clarify my doubts? Thanks in advance.

HolaHSMP

Re: Tier 1 (General) Applications by WP holders

Post by HolaHSMP » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:43 pm

priya.agrawal wrote:I am a work permit holder and my WP visa is due to expire in first week of July.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1(General) but my employer is planning to send me back to India in mid May.

1) If I apply and my result does not comes before my departure (mid May), will my application still be valid in-country application?
2) If my result comes before my departure, can I still leave UK and come anytime during validity of my Tier 1 Visa?

Can you please clarify my doubts? Thanks in advance.
I am sorry to hear that. You must be with one the so called Indian IT giant companies. The likes to blood sucking: TCS, Infy, Wipro, Satyam or HCL. They are losers man nothing much at the end the end of the day, taking Indian guys for a fairy tale ride and paying peanuts. Sorry for being blunt.

My answer:
a) It all depends if your employer does not cancel your WP. If they do not cancel then you need not apply for entry clearance as your WP will be valid till July and before than your can apply for FLR as an in-country applicant. But the small print: for FLR you need to supply your last 3 months pay-slip or bank statement which you may not have.

b) If the results come before your depature then immediately apply for FLR which will transfer your visa from WP to Tier 1. Then you can be the master and kick their a**.

Baseline: If you have UK experience then you can start contracting immediately and get rates anywhere from 300 - 700 per day. I did the same and after 1 year of earning landed a job with a top notch firm paying 200% pay increase. Never ever worry about getting release form your company since Indian IT companies are lanky while releasing you. Just shove them off, do not serve even a days notice. You need not worry about P45 as your new employer can apply for P46 if you don't have one. Teach them a lesson. I can see you in the same situation as I was few years back.

If you are in IT let us know your technology and we can point you the right direction.