ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mister123

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by mister123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:22 am

seems like cases who have children involved recently updated the online application status.im not sure.but base on this board so far,recent application status changes was on application where british children was involved.

Abiy
Newly Registered

Post by Abiy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Papasee wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:05 am
Hello .. I want to find out if people are able to work after applying for flr fp ..I've been waiting 5 months now and not staying at home is driving me crazy
hi papasee

what I know is; your eligibility to work depends on whether your visa status before you make your application allows you to work or not. simply if you had work permit before you made an application that status continues but if not I don't think so.

Best wishes

Abiy
Newly Registered

Post by Abiy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 pm

bathanza wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:55 pm
Update: I called the HO again today. I was meant to get a call last week as I was referred. This was last Monday so they have 5 days to get back to me via a telephone call.

When I called, the agent said that the person who took my call didn't do it properly and will push it through the system. I wasn't too happy for yet again, another weeks' wait and wanted some escalation. He apologised and said that there has been new staff at the centre. I asked him if it's the same for caseworkers, as I have been waiting 1 year and 1 week for an answer.

He said there are thousands and thousands of cases on hold due to the court case this year. I said minimum income had nothing to do with my route but he said ALL FLR FP was affected and they are dealing with a backlog. And expect a 90-day processing time frame for each case again. I asked why aren't applicants notified of this, and he had no answer.

I received a call back from the case worker referral team and she politely repeated the same statement, the case is an out of time application and we must wait. Any questions on escalation, additional fees for priority or any other matters to speed up the process was denied and was "out of time" and we must wait. No timeframe, no update, nothing. She said the agent who advised me earlier was wrong in the court case ruling as the application does not meet that requirement as it's an out of time application.

I am not expecting a response from the HO this year, fed up of waiting and questioning them now. Can do nothing but wait, but have to say that those who have children involved that are from British Spouses, don't worry, the ruling favours you. My next update will be hopefully when I hear from them. But, considering submission of an FOI request to find out how many cases they have on at the moment and take it forward to the MP to formally complain.
Dear Bathanza

thank you for sharing details of an your update. Brexit might have contributed to the backlog. I have contacted my MP and his response was same as home office: '' its is an out of time application and it is not unusual waiting for one year, and said all you have to is wait.''

I guess the best thing to do try to look for sth to do, anything that could take our attention away a little bit from home office (am planing to study and take some exams here in uk in my profession which will help me for my future career progression), you can ask for your passport and some of your documents if you need them with out withdrawing your application.

a little bit of sth to divert out focus from home office is the only option we have now, I find it helping a lot .

Best wishes for all of us

Papasee
Newly Registered

Post by Papasee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Abiy wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 pm
Papasee wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:05 am
Hello .. I want to find out if people are able to work after applying for flr fp ..I've been waiting 5 months now and not staying at home is driving me crazy
hi papasee

what I know is; your eligibility to work depends on whether your visa status before you make your application allows you to work or not. simply if you had work permit before you made an application that status continues but if not I don't think so.

Best wishes
Ok thanks,I guess all I can do now is wait .I've got in touch with our mp to see how long it's going to take to get a decision and he's sent a letter saying hes raised a case with home office and will let me know what they say

mister123

Post by mister123 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

Hi everyone.just a quick question.

The 6months timeframe for FLR FP starts when? Is it from the date they deduct the fee or from the date we received acknowldgement letter/ECHR from them?

Thanks.

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:41 pm

mister123 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

The 6months timeframe for FLR FP starts when? Is it from the date they deduct the fee or from the date we received acknowldgement letter/ECHR from them?

Thanks.
It starts after the biometrics has been recorded/enrolled.

mister123

Post by mister123 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:10 pm

AlexWN wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:41 pm
mister123 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks.
It starts after the biometrics has been recorded/enrolled.
Im confused coz the website says the application starts from the time they received our application.so im thinking its either from fee of deduction or from the time we received the ack letter.

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:27 am

rankaseye wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:27 pm
Tamandua wrote:
rankaseye wrote:thanks dear, and congrats.

I do understand but hoping i wont have to go through an appeal process but if i have to am positive am gonna get my visa granted eventually.
thanks for the word of encouragement and reply.
cherers
Hi, do you have any news regarding your application?
called HO today for an update since its past 10 working days already. the lady i spoke to told me i would be contacted. Just checked my email and i received the following from HO

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

I guess I have to wait even though the online tracker shows that the case has been decided.

Hi rankaseye

Have you received the Decision of your application?

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am

Bencemia wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 am
Bencemia wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 am
Hi everyone I'm new here :P and its nice to know that I can lessen my worry having some people on the same boat like me :D (as waiting game is a torture :roll: )

I applied for Flr FP British partner and British child we've been together since 2011 I overstayed as I came in UK in 2009 as student my beautiful daughter is 4 now and will start reception on the 6th of sept.I want to follow you guys as I'm preparing myself for a long wait now based on the waiting times that I've red here

Acknowledgement letter from Home office-July 27 2017
Biometric done. August 4,2017
Checked status online it says Awaiting a Decision

UPDATE on my application when I checked the status online from July 27,2017 it has been changed to Sep.8,2017 nice little find

UPDATE on my status when I checked it today its changed to DECIDED and it says updated August 13 I just can't understand as the last time I checked it its updated September 8 I'm literally shaking now because if the status is Decided why it came fair quickly anyone who have applied in July 2017 guys? I'll update once my solicitor phoned me about the decision

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 am

Bencemia wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am
Bencemia wrote:
Bencemia wrote:
Hi everyone I'm new here :P and its nice to know that I can lessen my worry having some people on the same boat like me :D (as waiting game is a torture :roll: )

I applied for Flr FP British partner and British child we've been together since 2011 I overstayed as I came in UK in 2009 as student my beautiful daughter is 4 now and will start reception on the 6th of sept.I want to follow you guys as I'm preparing myself for a long wait now based on the waiting times that I've red here

UPDATE on my application when I checked the status online from July 27,2017 it has been changed to Sep.8,2017 nice little find

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 am

Bencemia wrote:
Bencemia wrote:
Bencemia wrote:

UPDATE on my status when I checked it today its changed to DECIDED and it says updated August 13 I just can't understand as the last time I checked it its updated September 8 I'm literally shaking now because if the status is Decided why it came fair quickly anyone who have applied in July 2017 guys? I'll update once my solicitor phoned me about the decision
Is it updated 13 Aug 2017?

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 am

New on forum wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 am
Bencemia wrote:
Bencemia wrote:
Bencemia wrote:

Is it updated 13 Aug 2017?

Sorry guys I do apologized I typed one of the case I.d.wrong I feel embarrassed now 😥

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi guys, hope everyone is keeping well.

1 year 1 month, no decision as of yet for FLR P Partner route. A chaser letter has been sent to the HO for permission to work.

We will wait til Jan 2018 then file a PAP. We will figure something out with either a fresh application OR perhaps leave the country and apply from abroad via FLR M. Options are there but not looking forward to months of separations (could take years right?!)

Other than that, living life as normal as possible. We simply can't travel abroad and live from one salary - fine for now but hopeful for the future.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:18 pm

bathanza wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm

1 year 1 month, no decision as of yet for FLR P Partner route. A chaser letter has been sent to the HO for permission to work.

We will wait til Jan 2018 then file a PAP. We will figure something out with either a fresh application OR perhaps leave the country and apply from abroad via FLR M. Options are there but not looking forward to months of separations (could take years right?!)

Other than that, living life as normal as possible. We simply can't travel abroad and live from one salary - fine for now but hopeful for the future.
Bathanza is your application based on settled partner only or is there a child involved too?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Forum,
flr (fp) extension application
application sent: 21/12/2016
biometrics done: 11/01/2017
Still waiting
already 9 months no decision yet, don't know when I can get a decision from home office

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 am

New on forum wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:18 pm
bathanza wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Bathanza is your application based on settled partner only or is there a child involved too?
No children involved as of yet.

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 am

Hello Guys,

Hope everyone is Keeping well I just really need an advice please my Marriage is broken in the Philippines but we are already separated for 10 years now he's already with someone else legally it hasn't annulled yet as it will cost a fortune my worries now is I just applied flr FP British partner/British child will this affect my application time/application? Me and my British partner will wish to !marry in the near future if my Marriage in thePhilippines is dissolved ,Please kindly advice me I will be very very grateful thanks in advance.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Forum,
My online status is changed now decided, apply on 21-12-2016, frl(fp) extension.
My heart pumping they say within 10 working days you will get by post.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Hi Forum,
My online status is changed now decided, apply on 21-12-2016, frl(fp) extension.
Best of luck with your application.

It looks like people are getting their letters now. Have seen in the spousal time line that people have had letters explaining it's a busy time and applications are to be decided by 31st October. Obviously the departments for FLR M and FLR FP are different but face same challenges

In addition, I've written to the Home Office Affairs department about the lack of service and the extreme hostile environments for those without status: this will be looked at next month when parliament starts up again.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 pm
Shondra Sharma wrote:
Hi Forum,
Best of luck with your application.

It looks like people are getting their letters now. Have seen in the spousal time line that people have had letters explaining it's a busy time and applications are to be decided by 31st October. Obviously the departments for FLR M and FLR FP are different but face same challenges

In addition, I've written to the Home Office Affairs department about the lack of service and the extreme hostile environments for those without status: this will be looked at next month when parliament starts up again.
Bathanza what do you mean by 31 October ?
Is there a timescale to clear up backlog?
What's the source if so?

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 pm

Look at the thread waiting for a decision on this forum. Quite a few people have posted the same.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:40 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Look at the thread waiting for a decision on this forum. Quite a few people have posted the same.
Ok thanks
Hope it's true

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Application type (FLR(FP); FLR(O); DLR): FLR(FP) EXTENSION
Application Submitted on : 23/12/2016
Postal or In Person Application : POSTAL
Acknowledgement Received on (for postal app) : 10/01/2017
Biometric Letter Received : 12/01/2017
Biometrics Enrolled on : 16/01/2017
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): NONE
Decision of Application : PENDING
Date of Decision : PENDING

Online status changed to DECIDED on 25th of September.

NG1983

Post by NG1983 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:56 pm

rankaseye wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm
bathanza wrote:
Tamandua wrote:
rankaseye wrote:my application status has changed since July 4 to decided and have benn checking my bank account since no refund and no letter received from the home office.. tried calling but they keep saying i should wait for the decision through the post.
That service is still in beta. When did you send your application? Did you apply as a partner, parent or private life?
rankaseye - do you mind posting your timeline? Generally, you should hear 10 days after the decision and as someone said before, watch out for IHS refund as that'll indicate rejection. Wish you all the very best.
yea sure,.
Applied for FLR(FP) partner, overstayed, on a visitors visa, husband is settled in UK, jus gave birth to a baby girl in April, 2017.
Application date: March 7th 2017
money deducted: 9 March 2017
Aknowledgement and biometrics received: 24/07/2017
checked status online: decided 4th July 2017
Pls what doc did you submit in your application ??
PRICELESS

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:
Hi Forum,
got a 2.5 yrs stay.
Good luck everyone.