ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for my childern born in the UK if I claimed working tax credits in the past 5 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hanka
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

British passport for my childern born in the UK if I claimed working tax credits in the past 5 years

Post by Hanka » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello

I am a Czech national and have been in a full time employment for more than 5 past years. Unfortunately I did claim working tax credits for more than 6 months as hmrc refused to stop paying me when I told them about a new job in 2012 and asked them for a withdrawal. I got overpaid in the tax year 13/14 and paid the whole sum back.

My question is if I will be classified as 'exercising treaty rights' for the past 5 years when applying for my new borns' british passport? Or will my application be declined due to the reliance on public funds?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Hana

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport for my childern born in the UK if I claimed working tax credits in the past 5 years

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Working tax credit is something you are entitled to whilst working and earning below a certain threshold. It is not reliance on public funds. So you should be ok to apply for the passports under treaty rights, if you got all the documentation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hanka
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: British passport for my childern born in the UK if I claimed working tax credits in the past 5 years

Post by Hanka » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:41 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have all of mine P60 forms that I am hoping to use.