ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entering UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khatiach
Newly Registered
Georgia

entering UK

Post by khatiach » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:42 pm

hello! can anyone answer please? I was told that if a non-EU citizen psses a residence permit of any of the EU countries, he/she can enter UK without a visa. in fact, this residence permit should change a visa enquiry. I work as a border-controller in Georgia, namely in Kytaisi Inernational Airport and we have a direct flight to London. so I need any official information or document about this subject. can anyone help please? you can contact me on social media contact information removed by moderator thank you vvery much in advance!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: entering UK

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:12 pm

UK visa is required.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Re: entering UK

Post by flyboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Only if the residence card issued by the EU member states ,or by Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland mentions family member of an EU /EEA citizen, then no visa required. Any other residence cards issued by any EU member state that don't mention family member of an EU/EEA citizen , a visa will be required. Here is the information

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card