ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I marry my Girlfriend ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adam0214
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Can I marry my Girlfriend ?

Post by Adam0214 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello,
Im student here in Uk since last year, I have UK Tier 4 Visa, Im in love with another British student, the question is can I marry her ?
I really appreciate any help you can provide

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can I marry my Girlfriend ?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Adam0214 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:17 pm
Hello,
Im student here in Uk since last year, I have UK Tier 4 Visa, Im in love with another British student, the question is can I marry her ?
Basically yes, if she earns £18,600 a year (unlikely as a student), or has £62,500 in savings (unlikely as a student). And she's not already married.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I marry my Girlfriend ?

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Adam0214 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:17 pm
Hello,
Yes, you can marry. You are required to give 28 days notice at an HO approved Registry office. The Registry office then informs HO and HO could extend this notice period to 70 days to investigate and/or interview each of you separately before granting or refusing permission to marry.

As Wanderer has said, if your aim is to switch visas, you have to meet the finanical requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.