ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

degtom
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by degtom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Thank you! He's already coming next week to visit again, but this time we are very happy we get to leave together.

UKVI replied only to acknowledge and confirm an escalation has been made, each time I emailed. They took about 24-72hours to reply to my email request. They did not reply automatically after 15 days has lapsed, it was up to my husband and I to chase it up via phone call/email.

When did you apply?

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 pm

It appears that a whole bunch of people have got a "decision made" email today, almost exclusively those who had received the "Oct 31st email". I'm still waiting, day 66

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:35 pm

nufchavq wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 pm
It appears that a whole bunch of people have got a "decision made" email today, almost exclusively those who had received the "Oct 31st email". I'm still waiting, day 66
I haven't got such email! It has been 68 working days for me.

Where did you get that news tho?

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Just wandering around on various forums. Became my daily routine ;)
This one notably [LINK REMOVED], re the avalanche of decisions.
The "Oct 31st" email was sent primarily to those who had biometrics before July.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 am

byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:50 am
Hello Everyone,

I am waiting for the permit for 128 days now(working days) i.e 6 months. My application has been escalated 3 times. Today I called the UKVI enquiry number again, and I really don’t know how long I will have to wait.

First of all it is worthless calling the enquiry no. As they cannot help at all. I asked the executive what Escalation really means because I have escalated thrice still nothing. He said it is nothing, just that I had called so they let the UKVI officer know that I was enquiringly about my application and that they send the status. He told me that they had escalated but UKVI is not replying anything.

Then I asked him how long will it take for a decision to be made, Cos from July it shows awaiting decision. For this he replied that there is no timescale. Decision can be made in a month, two months or weeks.

Third I told him that I am worried and that my application is taking so long, so he gave a awarding winning advise- Recall you application and apply again (wtf really)... is this the great service, wait for 6 month to recall, apply and then wait again.

So you can see how we all are so helpless and UKVI is taking its own sweet time.

All the best to all those who are waiting.

Regards,
Byron
Hi Byron.

did u get your permit yet?

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 am

Enka2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 am
byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am waiting for the permit for 128 days now(working days) i.e 6 months. My application has been escalated 3 times. Today I called the UKVI enquiry number again, and I really don’t know how long I will have to wait.

First of all it is worthless calling the enquiry no. As they cannot help at all. I asked the executive what Escalation really means because I have escalated thrice still nothing. He said it is nothing, just that I had called so they let the UKVI officer know that I was enquiringly about my application and that they send the status. He told me that they had escalated but UKVI is not replying anything.

Then I asked him how long will it take for a decision to be made, Cos from July it shows awaiting decision. For this he replied that there is no timescale. Decision can be made in a month, two months or weeks.

Third I told him that I am worried and that my application is taking so long, so he gave a awarding winning advise- Recall you application and apply again (wtf really)... is this the great service, wait for 6 month to recall, apply and then wait again.

So you can see how we all are so helpless and UKVI is taking its own sweet time.

Regards,
Byron
Hi Byron.

Hello Enka2018,

No I have not got the decision yet. It has been 135 days since I applied. You too have applied from Mumbai. Don’t know how long will they take for making a decision.

Regards,
Byron

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 am

byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 am
Enka2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 am
byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Regards,
Byron
Hi Byron.

Hello Enka2018,

No I have not got the decision yet. It has been 135 days since I applied. You too have applied from Mumbai. Don’t know how long will they take for making a decision.

Regards,
Byron
Hello both

Seems we three have been waiting for the longest. It’s been 128 working days and still counting. We all have applied from Mumbai. Is it just coincidence?

Regards

Irfan

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by calija777 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 am

nufchavq wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 pm
The "Oct 31st" email was sent primarily to those who had biometrics before July.
Hi everyone,

My wife applied in Kiev on the 14th of August.

I have escalated application 2 times:

- on the 5th of September (after 15 working days);
- on the 3rd of October (after 20 working days from previous escalation).

All escalations I did via telephone calls. Never received any emails after.

Dear nufchavq, what is your situation and did you receive any emails?

I am wondering if they saved wrong email address.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

Hi irfan and Byron.
My husband applied from delhi not mumbai but more then 120 working days even they say can't take more then 6 months when I called but now don't know how long to wait..

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 am

calija777 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 am
nufchavq wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hey there,

FYI, I also escalated twice by telephone and while the first time I didn't receive any confirmation mail, the second time I did. Even so, the first time I called again a couple of days after escalating and they confirmed that it had been escalated, so I wouldn't worry too much about receiving a mail. if you're unsure, phone and ask them to confirm. Also the first time I escalated they gave me a reference number, while the second time they didn't...

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:57 am

calija777 wrote:
nufchavq wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi,
I applied from Kiev as well ( 23th August), did the escalation( they sent me the confirmation) and now waiting 20 working days to pass.
Please, share with me if your wife gets some news.
Thanks
Regards

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:30 am

yanaveron wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:57 am
calija777 wrote:
nufchavq wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi,
I applied from Kiev as well ( 23th August), did the escalation( they sent me the confirmation) and now waiting 20 working days to pass.
Thanks
Regards
Mate, if you applied on the 23rd of August 2017, for Kiev 100% applications are decided within 90 working days. And you already managed to escalate your case, you need to be satisfied cuz most cases wouldn't be escalated before the initial processing time ends.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:48 am

Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:30 am
yanaveron wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:57 am
calija777 wrote:
nufchavq wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi,
Thanks
Regards
Mate, if you applied on the 23rd of August 2017, for Kiev 100% applications are decided within 90 working days. And you already managed to escalate your case, you need to be satisfied cuz most cases wouldn't be escalated before the initial processing time ends.
Hi,
Yes, i did manage to escalate my case but i am not really sure that it can affect, seems they don't really consider our requests for escalation.
Regards

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 pm

Esperan24 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 pm
Dear All,

Just would like to share what email I have recently got. Hope so I get my visa soon and be with my hubby. This wait it's just stressing me and killing me from inside. Hope they don't separate families. Wish could see my hubby soon. Hope so this email what I received is the last and straight away get my decision. I have completed 90 working days. I have minus Saturday's and Sunday's. All the best

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. I do understand that we have made a escalation on your case and I will express to you the reason that we do a escalation is because we don't have the information that you seek, so due to that we have forward your information to the relevant department. Once they receive the escalation they then need to make there necessary checking into your application and then get back to you within the 15 working days period. But it would be them who would get back to you as we have forward your information to them.

They will not contact us with your information as the information is personal information, and it comes under the data protection act.

Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Hey Esperan24

Are there some news about your application? It's my 85th working days since I've applied for EEA family permit. I escalated my case yesterday for the third time, so I guess I could hope that soon I will hear about decision.

I was only confused and afraid of the email that you and I have received:

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

I hope that this email is not something bad or maybe a way to prepare us for the worst :( Because no one except you and me didn't receive this type of email here on forum. :/

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi alexnx.

This is their way to defend themselves. They will never be agree that it's their fault that application taking long instead they will make us feel something wrong in our application. That's what they wrote whenver I complained to them..

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 pm

I got the same email.

Anyone recently got their permit?a Or are they still not processing??

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:25 am

What can we exepect from this home office even they increased escalation time 20 days. This is what they replied to me

Thank you for contacting UK VI.

Regards to your enquiry , your case is still under escalation as the Home office has extended the escalation process to 20 working days.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Regards,
Tatiana
UK Visas and Immigration

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 am

I got the same email.

It is like getting stuck in an infinite loop.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Apparently, BBC couldn't help. :cry:

MuAl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by MuAl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 pm

nicoleprdes wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 pm
FaNtKa wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:00 pm
Hi nicoleprdes, my partner applied for an EEA Family Permit at the UK Visa Office in Rome on the 22nd of August and she's still waiting. We received the "non straightforward" email.

How long have you waited for your visa?
nicoleprdes wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:25 pm
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for awhile now since I applied for my EEA FP last July 17th. Everything I have read in here are so helpful. Congratulations to everyone who received their Permit and for those who are still waiting (like me) I really really hope it all works out.

I recently got married here in Italy with my boyfriend(now husband) of 2 years last June 10th, 2017. I applied for an EEA FP because I have been offered a job in Birmingham so my husband (Italian EEA national) and I decided to move in UK since I still have my Non EEA Passport thats why I need a permit.

My Job is supposed to starts this coming August 14th, 2017. Unfortunately I still dont have my passport and permit.

I wanted to share my timeline here and ask for any suggestion and help on what I should do.

July 17th - Application Submitted/ Biometrics taken in Rome, Italy.
July 18th - I checked/tracked my application in TLSContact site that my application was received by DMC
tma__application_received_by_dmc_description %s

July 28th - Received an email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk ( I assume thats from UKVI) that my application have been received at the UK Decision making Centre.

July 31st - I paid the Email Inquiry to check what is the status since I have a Timeline to catch due the the Job offer that I have.

August 2 - Received an answer to my paid email (very unhelpful) telling me that its still under consideration. So.. That was a bust.

August 3 - Received and email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk that my application is not straightforward.

Im aware the it takes 15 days for the processing of the application but since I started reading this thread I have come to know that once you received the not straightforward email that it might/will take longer.

I also checked the processing time that 98% will take 15 days and 100% will take 30 days for Rome, Italy.

I dont know if I should push it by calling them or escalating or complaining or just wait. the waiting has been killing me (and everyone else who is waiting) and knowing that I might lose my job offer because of this is also killing me. :|

Any thoughts? Thank you so much.

Hi Fantka,

Im sorry for a late reply. I waited for 4 weeks then my EEA permit came in the mail. :) It should not take long but, you really just have to wait.

Hello
Fantka and Nicoleprdes
Hi every one
I have applied for EEA FP from Rome on the 25th Aug 2017
And I have been waiting till now and I recieved the email that contains "not straightforward" on the 14 th of September
But nothing tilll now , I've tried to contact them but no way since waiting
Can you tell me what is your status till now and how long been you applied
Thank you
Best regards :|

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 am

I applied on 13th April & escalated 3 times. Its now 132 working days.
Same story as others. Applied thru North Mumbai

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:38 am

Applied on 11th April. 3 escalation still waiting. Applied from New Delhi.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 am

danny27 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 am
I applied on 13th April & escalated 3 times. Its now 132 working days.
Same story as others. Applied thru North Mumbai
Hello Danny27

I have applied from Mumbai on 03/04/2017. When you calculate you have to take out bank holidays also. It was total 5 summer bank holidays in the UK during this period. So you have to deduct that also. For me it’s has been 130 days completed.

Regards

Irfan

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:21 am

Applied on 3rd of July 2017, still waiting for decision to be made.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 am

Hi ppl... i think i am the longest waitin person in this forum.. i applied on mar 30th.. escalated thrice..but received confirmation only once.. it has more than 130 working days.. whenever i call them they say tat it is still awaiting a decision.. only god knows when tis waitin will get over..