ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No wrs and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

A-mar
Newly Registered
Poland

No wrs and naturalisation

Post by A-mar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:28 am

Please please please can someone help?
I'm a Polish citizen who has lived and worked in the UK since 2008. When I started my employment I was unaware of WRS and therefore never registered 😢
Last November (2016) I got my PR and decided to apply for naturalisation. I'm married to a British citizen (have been for over 3 years) and have worked without interruption since my arrival. The problem is on the application I'm being asked to provide full employment history for the last 10 years or however many years I've been to the UK. My question: do I provide the employment history from 2008 despite no having registered with WRS? Do I provide my employment since 2011? Do I wait until 2021 to have it all clear? Please help, I'm desperate! 🙏 thanks

suker69
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Re: No wrs and naturalisation

Post by suker69 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 am

There is a quite hot discussion about WRS at this moment. So far nobody had problem with naturalization due to bad character for violation some laws.There are quite few people and successful stories out there about WRS defaulters. You have to provide 10 years employment and cannot lie with AN form. All jobs must be included. WRS is mostly technicality. I applied in June and still waiting for results. I am already in contact with some people who applied in May without WRS and got citizenship approved recently. Chill out and apply. Make sure you meat other requirements necessary.

A-mar
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by A-mar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am

Thank you so much 😊 I actually rang UKVI and the guy I spoke to said it shouldn't be an issue as they are mostly interested in the last 6 years of employment esp. if I have PR. But he advised to email them to be sure. I have done and will post their response. Fingers crossed!!!

A-mar
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by A-mar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:02 am

So I got a reply from UKVI and I’m even more confused than before! The guy gave me some quotes regarding the WRS regulations and told me if I needed more advice I’d have to use one of their authorised legal advisors. I don’t mind paying a lawyer but is there really no one else who’s been in my situation applied and got accepted/rejected? Thanks for any advice.

brytol
Newly Registered

Post by brytol » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:39 am

Anyone without the WRS who submitted the application after May 1, 2017 received a positive answer.

Edited by moderator : Kindly only post in English.

suker69
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by suker69 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:18 am

As far as I am aware there are plenty people being approved even if they are WRS defaulters. UKVI often response to quires by saying to use legal advice. In this case I would not use a lawyer as it is waste of money I think. People getting approved applying by themself of NCS.

If you follow May naturalisation timeline there are people already being approved without WRS.

Brytol: You have already applied in May so you should find out very very soon. Please share your outcome as soon as you find out.

A-mar
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by A-mar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:19 pm

suker69 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:18 am
As far as I am aware there are plenty people being approved even if they are WRS defaulters. UKVI often response to quires by saying to use legal advice. In this case I would not use a lawyer as it is waste of money I think. People getting approved applying by themself of NCS.

If you follow May naturalisation timeline there are people already being approved without WRS.

Brytol: You have already applied in May so you should find out very very soon. Please share your outcome as soon as you find out.
Thank you! I’ll just do it! Fingers crossed 🤞

suker69
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by suker69 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:48 pm

A-mar like I said. If people like you getting approved without any issues I do not see why you would experience huge problems. I know at least about 3 people who applied in May and got approval no probs even with lack of WRS I also know people who applied with errors in their WRS applications and got it approved. I will get my decision way before yours so I will inform you right away. Make sure you meet other requirements for naturalisation too and disclose every job and possible fines etc...Good luck. :D :D

A-mar
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by A-mar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Awww!!! Please do let me know how it all ended up for you! And thank you, I feel so much better!!! Will keep you posted x

ai20s
Newly Registered

Post by ai20s » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 pm

I was through this anxiety as well... Got my approval in mid September after about 3.5 months. No previous WRS registration which effectively only meant that I started exercising my treaty rights from May 2011 when WRS was discontinued.
Here and elsewhere, there is really NOT A SINGLE evidence of any impact of WRS on good character assessment. Good luck with you application.

LadyRenoir
Newly Registered

Post by LadyRenoir » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Your employer should have registered you (if you worked for one, unless you were self-employed).

I was actually registered, but I could not find all the certificates for all he jobs I held, so sent whatever I did have and waiting for the decision now.

suker69
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by suker69 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 am

Happy days guys. I just got my citizenship approval letter despite working years without WRS. I assume that WRS has nothing to do with bad character at all. I am one of the many hard working EU 8 folks who had no such problems. Now ready for an Oath. Good luck all of you.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:16 am

As others have discussed, it appears that lack of WRS registration currently has no consequences other than the time does not count for acquisition of Permanent Residence. It is possible that Home Office policy on naturalisation could change in future, although that is perhaps unlikely since by some accounts they not have kept records of WRS registration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.