ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Bank Statement / Income for Student Visa Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gollywood
Member of Standing

Question about Bank Statement / Income for Student Visa Application

Post by gollywood » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am

Hi

I have a nephew in Pakistan who is looking to study in the UK.

He is 18, and only ever had a child bank account.

He has just opened an adult bank account and has approx £500 in it.

He doesn't work - totally supported by his parents.

When applying for a student visa he will have to supply bank statements & I imagine list his income sources.

His father will be paying for his entire course fees, living costs, air ticket costs etc. The lad has never worked - been in FT education all his life. If he is able to work whilst here for a few hours a week, that'll be a bonus

How should they proceed?
-One large deposit into his account which will cover the above costs/fees, showing who the source of the deposit is?
-A letter from father to confirm that he will be covering all the costs?
-Father's bank statements? etc etc

I've only ever helped out people with Visit visas so student visa is new territory for me!

They want to get it right because I know large deposits are frowned upon with Visit visa applications but when you have an 18 year old looking to go abroad for study, its very different.

Any guidance from the community would be appreciated as always,

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Question about Bank Statement / Income for Student Visa Application

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:26 am

gollywood wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am
I've only ever helped out people with Visit visas so student visa is new territory for me!
With respect, you should not be giving your family amateur immigration advice, let alone via this forum.

His Tier 4 sponsor university or college is best placed to advise him on all aspects of his Tier 4 application, including those you are asking about.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:52 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:26 am
gollywood wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am
With respect, you should not be giving your family amateur immigration advice, let alone via this forum.

His Tier 4 sponsor university or college is best placed to advise him on all aspects of his Tier 4 application, including those you are asking about.
With due respect, I am perfectly entitled to 'help' any family member in matters of applying for an application. At no point did I say I offered legal/immigration law advice.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:55 am

Just to get back on topic.

The student has not yet selected a University or course yet - he is planning well ahead for 2018 entry, hence the creation of this thread...and he just wants to get his paperwork correct, and not rejected because he had too much or too little funds in his bank account etc

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

gollywood wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:52 am
With due respect, I am perfectly entitled to 'help' any family member in matters of applying for an application. At no point did I say I offered legal/immigration law advice.
Of course you can point him in the right direction to other sources of information, but do take care because immigration advice means giving someone individual advice on their options. Your posting suggested that's what you were wanting to do. Hence my warning.

I suggest you refer him to these guides to the Tier 4 eligibility and requirements, and to making a Tier 4 application. They are written for students by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) and have detailed guidance on all aspects of the application, including those you have asked about:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... quirements

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... ide-the-UK
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.