ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sinspider
Newly Registered

Post by sinspider » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi friends,

I am presently on Work Permit in UK and I have applied for Tier-1 (General) on 13-March-2008. I have posted the application by Royal Mail registered post and I could track that it was delivered to them on 14th March 2008.

As on date (17-March-2008) the application fees has not yet been deducted from my credit card and I have not yet received any reference number from them.

Did any one apply for the Tier-1 (General) here? If yes, when did you apply and when did u receive any information from them e.g., reference number etc. Please help me.

Cheers

amit0277

Re: Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Post by amit0277 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:27 pm

sinspider wrote:Hi friends,

I am presently on Work Permit in UK and I have applied for Tier-1 (General) on 13-March-2008. I have posted the application by Royal Mail registered post and I could track that it was delivered to them on 14th March 2008.

As on date (17-March-2008) the application fees has not yet been deducted from my credit card and I have not yet received any reference number from them.

Did any one apply for the Tier-1 (General) here? If yes, when did you apply and when did u receive any information from them e.g., reference number etc. Please help me.

Cheers

Just contact HO and check if there is any issue with your application form. I too faced similar situation with my HSMP application. My application was rejected as there was some error in the payment details.

wp2tier1

WP to Tier1 within UK

Post by wp2tier1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Sinspider,

I think you should give couple of days before you get an update from HO. If you still dont hear anything then calling HO would be best option just to make sure your payment details are OK.

You are probably amongst first few tier 1 applicants. May be this thread can be used for time lines and queries on fresh tier 1 applications within UK.

I am on workpermit and am planning to apply for tier 1 by this month end.

Can you help me with following?

1. Have you sent your original passport? My passport has expired couple of months ago but I havent yet sent it to Indian embassy for renewal.We can get it renewed within one year after expiry. Will HO accept expired passport for tier one purpose? They have mentioned on BIA site that we can also give national identity document as age proof. Do you have any idea what all constitutes "national identity document". Will full indian driving license work as national identity document?

2. My name on my bank statement is not complete. Its just first letter of my first name and full last name. Will that be a problem?

3. The name by which I have salary credits in my bank is an abbriviated form of actual name of my employer. Is that a concern?

Good luck for your application! .. I will keep my status posted here.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:45 pm

This is what BIA website states

"Initial Highly Skilled Migrant Programme application (form HSMP1)

Our service standard is that we will decide:

50% of applications within five weeks
90% of applications within 14 weeks.

We are currently deciding:

90% of applications within five weeks
96% of applications within 14 weeks.

Due to a sudden increase in the number of applications, HSMP applications are currently taking longer than normal to consider. We ask you please to bear with us during this busy time."

So all being well most likely time for a staright forward application will be 5-6 weeks.

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Applications by WP holders

Post by priya.agrawal » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:20 pm

I am a work permit holder and my WP visa is due to expire in first week of July.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1(General) but my employer is planning to send me back to India in mid May.

1) If I apply and my result does not comes before my departure (mid May), will my application still be valid in-country application?
2) If my result comes before my departure, can I still leave UK and come anytime during validity of my Tier 1 Visa?

Can you please clarify my doubts? Thanks in advance.

rockstar
Newly Registered

WorkPermit Dependant

Post by rockstar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi,

Am currently on work permit dependant to UK and would like to apply under Tier 1.

I have checked the points calculator and meet the requirements.

Then as WP dependant am i eligibke to switch over to Tier 1?

Thanks in advance!
Rockstar

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 am

SinSpider,

I did apply earlier this month (6th) and the payment was deducted on 8th. However, nothing yet.

I also contacted the HO by email asking for a reference number. They have refused, saying that if things are within the suggested time period (5 to 6 weeks) no other communication is encouraged. So, nothing for us to do except wait I guess.

Ashraya

[quote][/quote]

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:17 pm

error
Last edited by ayleee on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Aylee

Did you do anything specific to get the reference number? I have sent my application on March 6th, and though money was debited on 8th March, I have not received any reference number as yet. My email asking for a reference number was sent back with a form letter saying that the customer care center does not give out reference numbers any more.

Regards,
Ashraya

sinspider
Newly Registered

Re: WP to Tier1 within UK

Post by sinspider » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi WP2tier1,
I see that they have deducted the money from my Credit Card today. So payment went through. Now am just waiting for them to decide.

Regarding your question, you have to send your original passport with the application. I think an expired passport might be a problem (though I am not sure), because legally if there is a problem with you in this country, they will have to deport you. If you dont have a valid passport, you are not allowed to travel to India either :) Therefore, i strongly feel they might want to have a valid passport. and minimise the number of reasons for which they can reject an application.

It should not be a problem with your bank statement. If it says your surname and address properly.

The same with the employers abbreviated name. That should not be a real concern. However, they demand that you should provide income proof from two different sources. So if you are showing bank statements, you need something from your employer also.

HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR APPLICATION!

wp2tier1 wrote:Hi Sinspider,

I think you should give couple of days before you get an update from HO. If you still dont hear anything then calling HO would be best option just to make sure your payment details are OK.

You are probably amongst first few tier 1 applicants. May be this thread can be used for time lines and queries on fresh tier 1 applications within UK.

I am on workpermit and am planning to apply for tier 1 by this month end.

Can you help me with following?

1. Have you sent your original passport? My passport has expired couple of months ago but I havent yet sent it to Indian embassy for renewal.We can get it renewed within one year after expiry. Will HO accept expired passport for tier one purpose? They have mentioned on BIA site that we can also give national identity document as age proof. Do you have any idea what all constitutes "national identity document". Will full indian driving license work as national identity document?

2. My name on my bank statement is not complete. Its just first letter of my first name and full last name. Will that be a problem?

3. The name by which I have salary credits in my bank is an abbriviated form of actual name of my employer. Is that a concern?

Good luck for your application! .. I will keep my status posted here.

sinspider
Newly Registered

Post by sinspider » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:09 pm

hI Ayleee,
Can you please tell us how did you receive the reference number? Through email? Through post? or through personal phone call?

Cheers

ayleee wrote:hello Sinspider

i sent my Tier 1 Application on the 11th of March
Recieved Home office : 12th March (sent via royal mail special delivery)
Debit card charged: 13th march
Reference number recieved : 14th march.

since recieving my reference number i have been calling the HO to request for urgent treatment , but they are giving no information on Tier1 Applications at all and urgent treatment form is not accepted at the moment.

My visa expires on the 20th of march :(

regards
ayleee

nibbs08

passport expiry

Post by nibbs08 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi WP2tier1
I am to extend my HSMP to Tier 1 if few weeks and have the same problem regarding passport-well no page left.
I went to the Indian High commision in february and applied for additional booklet, and recieved a new passport(additional booklet) in 2 days time.

So I would rather suggest to get ur passport sorted and yes don't send it by post to the High comission as it takes ages!!! :)

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi Sinspider and nibbs08,

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate it.

Sinspider,
An expired passport is not a problem if you have valid visa on it. Infact my WP LTR was stamped this jan and by then it was already expired. But we might not be able to re-enter on expired passport.And are you sure that we cant enter india with expired passport? What if I dont have time to get my passport renewed here before going back?

I called up HO today and after some consultations with someone the person attending me told that I can send expired passport . They will either stamp it(if approved) or give a letter which can later be used to get tier1 stamp on the new passport. He told that they do stamp expired passports also if its not too old.He just said that it might be a concern for me as first I have to get tier1 stamped and then have to send it for renewal so I might not be able to travel during that time.I told him that its fine with me to not travel during this time.He asked me to write about it in the covering letter. I told him that I will also be sending my indian DL as additional age proof.He seemed OK with it.The reason I am trying to apply for tier1 before getting my passport renewed is that passport renewal is just matter of time while tier1 stamping can happen only as long as I am within UK(well its easier to get it done while ur still in UK). And I want to get tier1 sorted out first.

I also saw in the guidance notes and the form that there is an option which says that we can give national identity document if passport is sent to the embassy for renewal. Should I use that option instead and do both passport renewal and tier1 in parallel? any suggestions or hints??

I also asked him what if in some emergency I have to travel to India. He told that in that case we have to withdraw our application and we will get the passport and other documents. But ofcourse we loose the fees.

For name and employer name I have got a letter from the bank . so that should not be a problem.

I have one more question. Are formal payslips also required to be signed and stamped by the employer? I have salary slips which has all the details.I think its formal payslips here in UK. It mentions all the salary details including bank account details, NI number, payments deductions, NI gross etc.It has name of the employer on outside but doesnt have the employer logo. BIA website says they should either be formal payslips or on company headed letter.

Nibbs08,

I think timelines might be different for passport renewals and additional booklets. I had couple of colleagues who applied for passport renewals and it took them around 2-3 months.One of them had gone there personally. they got it from birmingham Indian high commission.Do you know anyone who has recently applied for passport renewal and has got it so soon?

Thanks
Last edited by wp2tier1 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nibbs08

nope

Post by nibbs08 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm

u might be right about the different time line n I dont knw anyone with pp renew,
well that payslip is a formal payslip n u won't need any stamp on it

cheers

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Post by priya.agrawal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Can anybody please help me on Tier 1 General application?

I am a work permit holder and my WP visa is due to expire in first week of July.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1(General) but my employer is planning to send me back in mid May.

1) If I apply and my result does not comes before my departure (mid May), will my application still be valid?
2) If my result comes before my departure, can I still leave UK and come anytime during validity of my Tier 1 Visa?

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi Priya,

1) If result doesnt come before your departure date you either have to leave the job and stay in UK on your own till you get the result of tier 1 OR you have to withdraw your application. Because you have to send it your original passport to HO, and you wont be able to depart without your PP.

2) Sorry , not sure about that. I am myself looking answer to that.

Calling HO about this might be a good option.

Good luck.

priya.agrawal
Newly Registered

Post by priya.agrawal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Thanks wp2tier1,

My doubt regarding point 1 is clear now, but I am still confused about second point.

I want to apply for Tier 1 Visa but I am not sure if I'll continue to remain in UK now. Just to be on safe side, I want this visa now as after some time my points on age will reduce.

If I have this visa, I suppose, the UK entry option will be open for me for 3 years.

Does it makes sense? Can anybody please shed some light on this.

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:38 am

Hello Ashraya ,
No i did not do any thing specific at all. i have been lucky to get the reference number so soon i guess. i did try to push my luck by calling the customer contact centre and asking them if i had been assigned a case worker , but they refused to give any info on this. They also said that they cannot predict any time line for Tier 1 Applications.

if they sent your email back then why dont you try to ring the customer contact centre and tell them that your fees has been debited on the 8th and you did not recieve a reference number till now. they might check your details on their database and give it.you never know.
do let me me know if this works.
regards
Ayleee.

ashraya wrote:Aylee

Did you do anything specific to get the reference number? I have sent my application on March 6th, and though money was debited on 8th March, I have not received any reference number as yet. My email asking for a reference number was sent back with a form letter saying that the customer care center does not give out reference numbers any more.

Regards,
Ashraya

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:41 am

Hi Sinspider,
i recieved my reference number through post on the 14th of march.
regards
Ayleee

sinspider wrote:hI Ayleee,
Can you please tell us how did you receive the reference number? Through email? Through post? or through personal phone call?

Cheers

ayleee wrote:hello Sinspider

i sent my Tier 1 Application on the 11th of March
Recieved Home office : 12th March (sent via royal mail special delivery)
Debit card charged: 13th march
Reference number recieved : 14th march.

since recieving my reference number i have been calling the HO to request for urgent treatment , but they are giving no information on Tier1 Applications at all and urgent treatment form is not accepted at the moment.

My visa expires on the 20th of march :(

regards
ayleee

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:53 am

SinSpider / Aylee:

I received my reference number by mail today too! (Possibly that means that the application has moved from the Payments Processing centre to the actual place where it is processed.)

Starts with PB2988... Aylee, Keep posting here with any status updates, looks like you will be the first one to hear.

Ashraya

sinspider
Newly Registered

Post by sinspider » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Guys,
Received my reference number today by post. One step closer now. In the letter they say "The processing time is approximately 28 days. Do not contact the office before that time for status enquiry".

I hope the decisions are taken much earlier than that. But lets wait and see!

Cheers

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:26 pm Post subject: INITIAL TIER 1 application, need help to complete form !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am currently on WP due for extension in 6 months . I am planning to apply for Tier 1 : would need someone to help with below queries

1) Do we need to complete Section 3b - extension details while applying for initial application ? or is it only for someone who is applying for extension on its own ?

2) Section 2 - D - Immigration History

I entered UK on a visit visa in late 2003 & had switched to workpermit category . Do i need to enter details of my visit visa ( D3 & D4 - when was entry clearance / visa issued ? Visa number on the entry clearance / visa ?

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Ashraya / Sinspider
its good to hear that you both recieved your reference numbers as well.
Ashraya my ref number starts with PB2993... so i presume your application was dealt with first its just that i was lucky to recieve the reference number first by post.
i guess we all will be in the same time bracket.
keep posting.
Regards
Ayleee

ashraya wrote:SinSpider / Aylee:

I received my reference number by mail today too! (Possibly that means that the application has moved from the Payments Processing centre to the actual place where it is processed.)

Starts with PB2988... Aylee, Keep posting here with any status updates, looks like you will be the first one to hear.

Ashraya

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi All,

Well I have decided to get my indian passport renewed before I apply for tier1. And consulate in birmingham told me it will take 6 days for me to get new passport. So i should be deferring my tier1 application for couple of weeks.

On timelines, when I had called HO,they said there is no service standard yet for tier1 but it should take around 5-6 weeks.

Good luck to everyone here.I wish all of you get the approvals soon.

Cheers

skris
Newly Registered

Tier 1 application - what documents did you submit?

Post by skris » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:57 am

Hello All,

Those who have applied for tier 1, please can you let me know what documents you have submitted. I'm planning to apply soon with two dependants (spouse+child). Is this what I should send?

1. Passport + photos for all 3
2. 12 months payslips
3. 12 months bank statement
4. Marriage certificate
5. Application forms for self + 2 additional dependant forms
6. Original degree certs + transcripts
7. self assessment report

The one thing that is confusing is the maintenance. I see that I need to have 800 pounds at anytime the last 3 months. However, for dependants, I suppose we need another 1066 pounds for 3 months (533 each). If so, is there a need to submit spouse's bank statements or is it enough if I can show this amount through other savings?

I'm planning to write a covering letter detailing the docs etc. Is there anything else I would need to submit?

Appreciate your help. Thanks!