ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Accommodation Requirement - living with Parents help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Wka
Newly Registered
United States of America

Spouse visa Accommodation Requirement - living with Parents help!

Post by Wka » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

I haven’t been able to find any info relating to my current situation. I’m applying from the US and my husband just had his immigration inspection at his current address, but due to having three housemates in a 4 bedroom, the landlord would have to apply for a different rental license and it’s unlikely he will do so, much less in a timely manner. Because his lease is up this month, we’ve decided it may be best to have me move into his parents home while he finds suitable accommodation. Does it satisfy the accommodation requirement for a uk spouse visa to live apart from your spouse in his parents’ home that they own - temporarily while he finds a place for us? It’s onlya few hours away, if that matters. I wasn’t sure how that ties in with his financial requirements. It took almost two months to get this immigration inspection sorted and I’m upset that it wasn’t acceptable.

Thank you for this help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa Accommodation Requirement - living with Parents help!

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm

What exactly do you mean by 'immigration inspection'??

Do you mean 'property inspection report'??

Where are you currently living?

What do you mean by 'uk spouse living apart'??

What is your current visa status if you are in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wka
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Spouse visa Accommodation Requirement - living with Parents help!

Post by Wka » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:19 pm

My apologies I wasn’t as clear! I’m about to apply for my UK Spouse Visa. It was the property inspection report, I’m currently in the US - I was waiting to submit my application after the inspection but we just found out his accommodation won’t suffice, so we thought it was best for me to move in with his parents in the UK. He would not be living with me at his parents until we find suitable housing for us, after I get my visa. I was wondering if this was doable, to apply under the accommodation that I’m with his family but he would not be residing with me, temporarily.

The reason why his current apartment didn’t suffice was because having a fifth housemate (me) would require the Landlord to apply for a different rental license to accommodate and it’s unlikely he will do that for us, even though he was perfectly fine with me staying there. The officer said the place wouldn’t be compliant unless that was done.