ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Spadework
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Spadework » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 pm

aravindb4u wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm
After longgggggggggggggg wait.. just this afternoon, my case changed online to DECIDED. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (Appeared online at 27-Sep-2017 afternoon, it says decided on 25-Sep-2017)

FYI, I applied on 8th of May.

Now the wait begins for the letter that would have been posted by 2nd class 2 days back. (argghhhhh)
I know right. It's ridiculous. £1282 you'll expect it'll be posted with special recorded delivery or a simple 1st class stamp. Disgraceful

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:15 am

Yes I think we should voluntarily request Home office to raise the fee by extra 1£ and send it by first class.
Usually there will be a feedback form at the end of application process. May be we should request this if they can implement it that would be awesome and speed up the process. Or may be email the applicants for instant result :D I think we all are part of this process and should initiate this. Please let know the ideas as how we can request Home office about this. No offense involved please. Thanks.

hellosalut
Newly Registered

Post by hellosalut » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Thinking about that £1..
I believe 70% of the application fee it’s profit ....

k1w1
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by k1w1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am

For what its worth (and if it helps with the stress of waiting...) I saw this in the FT newspaper last week, which puts the delay a lot of us are experiencing in context:

"Applications for British citizenship from the 14 “original” EU member countries including Germany, France and Italy have more than tripled since the year before the Brexit referendum, analysis has revealed."

"Kxxxxx xxxx, head of immigration at xxxxxxxx, warned that the data were likely to underestimate the real scale of the applications because of the sheer number of those that are pending and have yet to appear on the published statistics."

“Processing times for citizenship applications are now taking six or seven months having increased from a two to three-month decision timeframe,” she said. “The [Home Office’s] Nationality Directorate appears to be inundated with applications and we understand it is working overtime to reduce the backlog.”

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:58 am

k1w1 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am
For what its worth (and if it helps with the stress of waiting...) I saw this in the FT newspaper last week, which puts the delay a lot of us are experiencing in context:

"Applications for British citizenship from the 14 “original” EU member countries including Germany, France and Italy have more than tripled since the year before the Brexit referendum, analysis has revealed."

"Kxxxxx xxxx, head of immigration at xxxxxxxx, warned that the data were likely to underestimate the real scale of the applications because of the sheer number of those that are pending and have yet to appear on the published statistics."

“Processing times for citizenship applications are now taking six or seven months having increased from a two to three-month decision timeframe,” she said. “The [Home Office’s] Nationality Directorate appears to be inundated with applications and we understand it is working overtime to reduce the backlog.”
Kindly refrain from posting names of people and companies. They have not given permission for their details to be posted on the forum and which will appear in a Google search.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mafurebo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafurebo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Dear CR001/HOME OFFICE: thanks for your kindness. PLEASE help me . I applied in June 19. No answer.. Please help. Still inn boat waiting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Mafurebo wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:46 pm
Dear CR001/HOME OFFICE: thanks for your kindness. PLEASE help me . I applied in June 19. No answer.. Please help. Still inn boat waiting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
a) We are NOT the Home Office on the forum. We don't work for them or have any affiliation to them.

b) Nothing you can do but wait. Applications are taking a few months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Enitan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Enitan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:31 pm

I made my application since June 2017 after the 10years route plus 1 year ilr.
and my application online shows awaiting decision since the 21st of July. I hope I get a reply this month as it's well overdue, or has anyone that applied in June gotten any reply?
Although I have done enrolled my biometric just waiting for the online status to change to decided and to receive the letter, which I'm hoping shd happen this month by his grace.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Enitan wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:31 pm
and my application online shows awaiting decision since the 21st of July. I hope I get a reply this month as it's well overdue, or has anyone that applied in June gotten any reply?
Although I have done enrolled my biometric just waiting for the online status to change to decided and to receive the letter, which I'm hoping shd happen this month by his grace.
Not sure why you are saying “overdue”?? Say that when it’s 6 months! Just to let you know that most of the people who are waiting are even from April & May or even before! Pls check timelines for these months or even the main one! I advice you to sit tight and enjoy the wait! Good luck
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Enitan wrote:

Looking at the updates from people, currently application or may is been processed.
I too applied on 22 may but status hasn’t changed since then.
Someone has already updated saying applications are taking more time due to high volume of applications.

samy1782
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by samy1782 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:57 am

morphine368 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 pm
sancha wrote:Mrs application status changed today morning decided.
Decided status on-line dated 04/07/17 and letter still not received. Its been over 13 days now and 8th working day - hoping to get a letter soon. Normally it takes 10 working days from the date of status Decided till you get the letter either from HO or Council.
Hello morphine368

When did you finally receive approval letter?

For me too it shows Application Decided on 18th Sept 2017 on https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... astatus_ns

However it is over 10 days still not received letter

samy1782
Newly Registered

Post by samy1782 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 am

aravindb4u wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm
After longgggggggggggggg wait.. just this afternoon, my case changed online to DECIDED. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (Appeared online at 27-Sep-2017 afternoon, it says decided on 25-Sep-2017)

FYI, I applied on 8th of May.

Now the wait begins for the letter that would have been posted by 2nd class 2 days back. (argghhhhh)
When did you finally receive approval letter?

For me too it shows Application Decided on 18th Sept 2017 on https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... astatus_ns

However it is over 10 days still not received letter

Spadework
Newly Registered

Post by Spadework » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Mine was decided on the 22nd sept still waiting. Calling them is pointless they don't give out any information. Royal Mail 2nd class is 3 working days so what did they post it with?

Their overall service is appalling. So ridiculous.

Enitan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Enitan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:05 pm

softy monster wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm
Enitan wrote:
Not sure why you are saying “overdue”?? Say that when it’s 6 months! Just to let you know that most of the people who are waiting are even from April & May or even before! Pls check timelines for these months or even the main one! I advice you to sit tight and enjoy the wait! Good luck
I hope I don't have to wait long, if u don't have anything encouraging to say, I suggest u don't say nothing. I am aware some people waits longer while others wait short period. It is you that need to sit tight and wait till rapture!

Spadework
Newly Registered

Post by Spadework » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Loooooooooooooool man said till rapture unaaaa.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am

Hello,

My Naturalisation application was done on 15th May..Still no news..
I am aware that Home office wont say any thing before 6 months, but can we get *some* update?
Mine is very straightforward and so worried that some case worker might have forgotten about this..
Its frustrating to wait and they dont seem to care..I am now checking the website every hour like mad.
I see that May and June application have been approved..
Any thoughts on how to approach this?

Never felt so helpless in my life , that too after spending so much money..

navinw

Post by navinw » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 am

ashishashah wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am
Hello,

My Naturalisation application was done on 15th May..Still no news..
I am aware that Home office wont say any thing before 6 months, but can we get *some* update?
Mine is very straightforward and so worried that some case worker might have forgotten about this..
Its frustrating to wait and they dont seem to care..I am now checking the website every hour like mad.
I see that May and June application have been approved..
Any thoughts on how to approach this?

Never felt so helpless in my life , that too after spending so much money..
Ashish,
I can understand your situation as i am in the same boat....
I assume it entirely depends on case worker..

Snitika13l
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Snitika13l » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:57 am

Applied through NCS - 9th May 2017
Online Status changed - 22th May 2017 (awaiting decision) - when home office actually deduct fee from your account.
June - waiting
Address change email sent - 5th July 2017
Address change confirmation received - 3rd August 2017
waiting :-o
Email received from CT4 Nationality Group, Liverpool - 25th Sept 2017 - they were confirming the delivery address as I moved in b/w my application
Online Status changed - 25th Sept 2017 (Decided) my case changed online to DECIDED.
Confirmation - 3rd Oct 2017 - I emailed them to confirm to which address they have posted.
Letter posted by HOMEOFFICE or Nationality Group - 30th Sept 2017 (there is a huge backlog as per them it took 5 days to print and post letter to me) - and should receive by 6th Oct 2017. They will be happy to assist if I don't receive the letter.
And was told there was no issue in my application and I should be ready for the ceremony once I receive the letter :)

Good Luck everyone :)

Tanya78
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya78 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:13 pm

My husband applied on 15 May and is in the same situation. The online system is saying Awaiting Decision 2 June. It is so frustrating :(

Mariam22
Newly Registered

Post by Mariam22 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:52 am

June 6th applicant here. I really am starting to lose patience. Immigration will claim they work on "date of receipt" but yet people that as far and June 30 getting approval even some July. I understand every case is different and some may applicants are still waiting but it's just frustrating to see people that applied same time and after you getting approval. But then it has not been 6months yet. Just need to rant a bit

stillondedams
Newly Registered

Post by stillondedams » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:04 am

13th of June applicant here, i know they say 6 months processing time, but to see people who applied after are getting decision doesn't make it consistent, why some people get delay i will never know, the wait and rant continues.

Angeklics
Newly Registered

Post by Angeklics » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 am

I’ve checked my application online and it has been decided on the 21st of September. I didn’t get any letter from anyone. What should I do? It’s so frustrating :(

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 am

Hi, could you please tell me the time line of your application process to guide you further

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:04 am

A lot of applicants who applied in May are now getting approvals with June/July applicants.

So in the next few weeks you should get decisions.

The volume of applicants could differ month to month hence could be delays maybe

ClaireFR
Newly Registered
France

Post by ClaireFR » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:27 pm

My husband applied end of May, we received the email confirmation on 9th June but still waiting for a decision - as with others, not sure why some from May/ June are taking longer than others from July. He's been in the UK as an EU citizen for nearly 20 years, married to a Brit and with kids who are Brits....hoping he'll hear something soon though.