ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

danny27
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by danny27 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 am

Yes Irfan. I reduce 5 days. I.e. 127 days.
Its still a lot. Add to the misery the pp is held up as well. the wait is taking a toll.

ishabhuiyan
Newly Registered

Post by ishabhuiyan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 am

114 calendar days = on at number 82 working days today. applied from Bangladesh on 15th of June 2017. made a number of escalations did receive confirmation of the escalations made and received from the SHEFIELD Visa section response as saying that:

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

and it was only response I received after more than 25 working days and not within 20 working days as it should have been. this office is just taking the piss off to the innocent women and men if not something else. this office is treating people as such being animals. keeping apart the families is not something UK could do. therefore I'm convinced and withdrawing my passport and will be flying to France than from Calais get stamp to get to the UK. it seems to me they are not going to take a decision on our application some time soon. there are trying to put you off.

good luck to all!

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:51 am

ishabhuiyan wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 am
114 calendar days = on at number 82 working days today. applied from Bangladesh on 15th of June 2017. made a number of escalations did receive confirmation of the escalations made and received from the SHEFIELD Visa section response as saying that:

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

and it was only response I received after more than 25 working days and not within 20 working days as it should have been. this office is just taking the piss off to the innocent women and men if not something else. this office is treating people as such being animals. keeping apart the families is not something UK could do. therefore I'm convinced and withdrawing my passport and will be flying to France than from Calais get stamp to get to the UK. it seems to me they are not going to take a decision on our application some time soon. there are trying to put you off.

good luck to all!
Hi isha.. i too received the same email but after 130 working days...

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello everyone.

What's the point of counting working days if they don't even have any timescale and very surprised that no system nothing. No complain works. They didn't even update processing time after may in Mayb was 120 supoose it's even worst now that's why they not updating mayb.

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I really hope that we are gonna find out about decision soon. We are already in October month, summer season and vacations have passed, so I guess that now is time for more decisions to be made. I'm trying to be positive, but I'm only afraid and confused why no one who received the 2nd email about not straghtrforward, advicing us about that didn't receive decision yet. Does that mean that we all are gonna wait for more than 120 working days or? I don't know what to think anymore :/ Inside of me I'm dying and I feel terrible not knowing when I'll see my passport again. If I would know that someone of you guys got your decision after two not straightforward emails and after so many days, maybe I'd be calmer but I can't stop thinking about visa and joining my partner.

Good luck to everyone!

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi guys,

My Taiwanese wife's EEA family permit was approved yesterday. To recap, we applied in Madrid on 1 August and escalated twice, got MP to help us (he wrote to UKVI but apparently never got a response) and complained to the Home Office. Not sure if any one or more of those made a difference. I feel for those of you who've been waiting for so long... Mumbai in particular seems to be an absolute nightmare.

On a sidenote, can anyone confirm whether the EEA family permit for non-EU nationals is valid for six months or five years? I'm getting confused on the next steps to take once in the UK...

Best of luck to all...

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Willyboy wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 pm
Hi guys,

My Taiwanese wife's EEA family permit was approved yesterday. To recap, we applied in Madrid on 1 August and escalated twice, got MP to help us (he wrote to UKVI but apparently never got a response) and complained to the Home Office. Not sure if any one or more of those made a difference. I feel for those of you who've been waiting for so long... Mumbai in particular seems to be an absolute nightmare.

On a sidenote, can anyone confirm whether the EEA family permit for non-EU nationals is valid for six months or five years? I'm getting confused on the next steps to take once in the UK...

Best of luck to all...

Hello Willyboy,

Congrats. Good to know that you and your wife will be together again.

I am waiting for 138 days now. Applied on 24-3-17 but still decision is not made. I applied from Mumbai South and yes it is a nightmare waiting so long. Even other application centers across it is the same situation.

EEA family permit has validity for 6 months in this duration you have multiple entry to UK. Your non- eea partner can stay in the UK even after the 6 months are over, but then here there is the problem. If you partner travels out of UK then she will not be able to enter again as the family permit is expired. So in this your partner will need to apply for a Residence Card and it is valid for 5 years. Also this card will help in getting a job.

The Residence card will be only be valid till UK remains in the European Union I.e after Brexit in 2019it will be invalid.

So when your partner arrives after a month or so apply for the Residence card. It will take 6 months to get this card.

All the best. Have a happy future with you partner. God bless you.

Regards,
Byron

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:56 pm

byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:05 pm
Willyboy wrote:
Hi guys,

Best of luck to all...
[/quot

Hello Willyboy,

Congrats. Good to know that you and your wife will be together again.

I am waiting for 138 days now. Applied on 24-3-17 but still decision is not made. I applied from Mumbai South and yes it is a nightmare waiting so long. Even other application centers across it is the same situation.

EEA family permit has validity for 6 months in this duration you have multiple entry to UK. Your non- eea partner can stay in the UK even after the 6 months are over, but then here there is the problem. If you partner travels out of UK then she will not be able to enter again as the family permit is expired. So in this your partner will need to apply for a Residence Card and it is valid for 5 years. Also this card will help in getting a job.

The Residence card will be only be valid till UK remains in the European Union I.e after Brexit in 2019it will be invalid.

So when your partner arrives after a month or so apply for the Residence card. It will take 6 months to get this card.

All the best. Have a happy future with you partner. God bless you.

Regards,
Byron
Thanks for the info, Byron, best of luck to you too... surely you're nearly there :-)

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:26 pm

It seems the Residence permit (5 year one) is being processed in 2-3 months.

Why is the FP taking longer. Do different areas process the visa or are they being evasive and delaying this one on purpose.

Surely someone on this forum must work at the home office? Can you please go and ask your colleagues why such a cruel joke is being played on us?

juliet16
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by juliet16 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 pm

My wife applied for EEA fp since july 7th.Its over 12 weeks as stated in the letter we received from sheffield.The long wait is so stressful for me and my family.I dont know if anybody has the same timeline.I have escalated and no confirmation .Its just frustrating .

thanks

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 am

Hi all
My wife apply on 24th of April from Manila Philippines and still waiting. On 11th October will be 120 working days. Escalated twice but I'm sure it
was a waste of time and money...

Fernandes007
Newly Registered

Post by Fernandes007 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:57 am

123 working days... South Mumbai VFS. Still waiting.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Willyboy wrote:
Hi guys,

Best of luck to all...
Hi mate!

I was just wondering if you can share how did you complain to the Home Office? Or the MP did it for you?

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 pm
Willyboy wrote:
Hi guys,

Best of luck to all...
Hi mate!

I was just wondering if you can share how did you complain to the Home Office? Or the MP did it for you?
Hey there,

I did it directly by writing to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Somebody else on the forum passed me this address. I don't know if it helped, probably not (and I still haven't heard back from them), but it made me feel a bit better getting everything off my chest.

Our MP wrote to the Director General of UKVI, again without hearing back!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Willyboy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm
Hey there,

Somebody else on the forum passed me this address. I don't know if it helped, probably not (and I still haven't heard back from them), but it made me feel a bit better getting everything off my chest.

Kindly refrain from naming HO staff on the forum, their names will come up linked to our website if a Google search is done and they have not given permission for their names to be posted on a public forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jacobj0912
India

Post by jacobj0912 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi all,

I tried to see many previous pages and none of them are having positive feedback :(

Has anyone applied from Dubai? If so how long did it take to process? Where is the decision center for Dubai?

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Seems like now a lot of people waiting for more then 120 working days mostly from India. My last hope was 120 days now that passed too don't know what to expect already 6 months now...

MuAl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by MuAl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

! Message from: MuAl
MuAl wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 pm
nicoleprdes wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 pm
FaNtKa wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:00 pm
Hi nicoleprdes, my partner applied for an EEA Family Permit at the UK Visa Office in Rome on the 22nd of August and she's still waiting. We received the "non straightforward" email.

How long have you waited for your visa?
nicoleprdes wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:25 pm
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for awhile now since I applied for my EEA FP last July 17th. Everything I have read in here are so helpful. Congratulations to everyone who received their Permit and for those who are still waiting (like me) I really really hope it all works out.

I recently got married here in Italy with my boyfriend(now husband) of 2 years last June 10th, 2017. I applied for an EEA FP because I have been offered a job in Birmingham so my husband (Italian EEA national) and I decided to move in UK since I still have my Non EEA Passport thats why I need a permit.

My Job is supposed to starts this coming August 14th, 2017. Unfortunately I still dont have my passport and permit.

I wanted to share my timeline here and ask for any suggestion and help on what I should do.

July 17th - Application Submitted/ Biometrics taken in Rome, Italy.
July 18th - I checked/tracked my application in TLSContact site that my application was received by DMC
tma__application_received_by_dmc_description %s

July 28th - Received an email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk ( I assume thats from UKVI) that my application have been received at the UK Decision making Centre.

July 31st - I paid the Email Inquiry to check what is the status since I have a Timeline to catch due the the Job offer that I have.

August 2 - Received an answer to my paid email (very unhelpful) telling me that its still under consideration. So.. That was a bust.

August 3 - Received and email from ViSAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk that my application is not straightforward.

Im aware the it takes 15 days for the processing of the application but since I started reading this thread I have come to know that once you received the not straightforward email that it might/will take longer.

I also checked the processing time that 98% will take 15 days and 100% will take 30 days for Rome, Italy.

I dont know if I should push it by calling them or escalating or complaining or just wait. the waiting has been killing me (and everyone else who is waiting) and knowing that I might lose my job offer because of this is also killing me. :|

Any thoughts? Thank you so much.

Hi Fantka,

I'm sorry for a late reply. I waited for 4 weeks then my EEA permit came in the mail. :) It should not take long but, you really just have to wait.

Hello
Fantka and Nicoleprdes
Hi every one
I have applied for EEA FP from Rome on the 25th Aug 2017
And I have been waiting till now and I received the email that contains "not straightforward" on the 14 th of September
But nothing till now, I've tried to contact them but no way since waiting
Can you tell me what is your status till now and how long been you applied
Thank you
Best regards :|
hello every one
can I get some more information from anybody have been applied from Rome in the last four months
How long time and if he or she get the visa or have been reported from the HO anything
THANK YOU

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Has anyone withdrawn their application? If so, can you share how long it took for your passport to come back?

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:27 pm
Willyboy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm
Hey there,

Kindly refrain from naming HO staff on the forum, their names will come up linked to our website if a Google search is done and they have not given permission for their names to be posted on a public forum.
You seem to be very sympathetic to HO workers. Is there something you are not telling us?

A little bit of accountability never hurt anyone.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 am

Has anyone tried to call the home office to determine when they will be updating the processing timeframes?

Still has it as at May.....

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 am

Dear applicant,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF04*****
For MICHELLE R******

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
AD
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
😭😭😭😭
Guess this was the answer after 20 days of the second escalation .... Tomorrow will be 120 working days . Was easier probably to get my wife as a refugee in the country . Hate this stupid country ,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moderator Edit: remark inciting terrorism removed. Any further comments in this vein will result in an immediate ban.

jacobj0912
India

Post by jacobj0912 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 am

Has anyone applied from Dubai? If so how long did it take to process? Where is the decision center for Dubai?

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 am

Mihai wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 am
Dear applicant,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF04*****
For MICHELLE R******

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
AD
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
😭😭😭😭
Guess this was the answer after 20 days of the second escalation .... Tomorrow will be 120 working days . Was easier probably to get my wife as a refugee in the country . Hate this stupid country ,xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx.

What a horrible comment to make. The whole application process has become more difficult because the home office now has to take more time to ensure people with mindsets like you are filtered out! As a result us innocent hardworking people suffer who just want to genuinely be with our loved ones.

Does the home office give priority to those who are looking to come to the UK join their spouse or direct family? Surely a husband being away from his wife and kids should be given priority over someone looking to bring their great grandma to UK?

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 am

Am not sure how we can pursue the matter with BBC who had taken it up once.
Probably this may higlight the issue to the Home office.
As options are very limited.
6 months for a EEA permit. Ridiculous