ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GREG12345
Newly Registered

british citizenship

Post by GREG12345 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm

hi I currently have an EEA4 visa which i obtained in Feburary 2016. I have been living with my Partner since 2008 in the UK. i am thinking of applying for BC but I got a speeding ticket a few years ago as i drove 37mph on a 30mph street. I heard that some peoples application was rejected for road incidents is something that i should be worried about also should i note this on the application when i am applying? Another question i have is about the application fee. I read online today that EU citizens living in England may automatically get British citizenship when brexit is over. Will this apply to Family members with the EEA visa also? My reasons for asking this are the fees i was wondering is the fees are likely to be waived.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: british citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 am

Really, where did you read that?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 am

GREG12345 wrote:hi I currently have an EEA4 visa which i obtained in Feburary 2016. I have been living with my Partner since 2008 in the UK. i am thinking of applying for BC but I got a speeding ticket a few years ago as i drove 37mph on a 30mph street. I heard that some peoples application was rejected for road incidents is something that i should be worried about also should i note this on the application when i am applying? Another question i have is about the application fee. I read online today that EU citizens living in England may automatically get British citizenship when brexit is over. Will this apply to Family members with the EEA visa also? My reasons for asking this are the fees i was wondering is the fees are likely to be waived.

Regards
The UKVI will never waive the fees for anyone if anything they will continue with the price increases

GREG12345
Newly Registered

Post by GREG12345 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:Really, where did you read that?
sorry i realised that i didnt read the entire paragraph properly ist mainly caters for EU nationals

"Nobody knows exactly what will happen after Brexit. It seems likely that the three million non-British EU citizens already in the UK will be allowed to stay. Those EU citizens and their dependents who have been in the UK for five years may wish to consider applying for permanent residence in the UK. Seventy-One percent of EU citizens are in this situation. Even if they do not apply for residence prominent members of the leave campaign have indicated that EU citizens will be allowed stay anyway. However, there may be less certainty about what happens to non-EU citizen dependents after Britain eventually leaves the EU"

GREG12345
Newly Registered

Post by GREG12345 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 pm

thanks

do you think there will be any issues for the speeding ticket?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Doesn't say anything about EU citizens getting 'automatic citizenship', which would never happen anyway. Citizenship is an application you have to qualify for and is only a right/entitlement to certain people.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DW76
Newly Registered

Post by DW76 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi. Regarding the speeding, you don't state how recently it was. If over three years it should not be a problem.

I have just received citizenship and one of my good character concerns was a magistrates court appearance for speeding in 2011. I received 6 points and a hefty fine (104mph on the m25).

As always it comes down to the judgement of the case officer.

Best wishes for your application.

GREG12345
Newly Registered

Post by GREG12345 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm

hi mine was about 4 years ago and i only did a course which i had to pay for i didnt get any points. do you think this is something i should mention?

GREG12345
Newly Registered

Post by GREG12345 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi I am about to apply for british citizenship. I currently have an eea4 visa I did the life in the uk exam I went online to check fees and a website immediately asked me for £196. I am guessing he is a middle man is there anyway to apply directly for this visa without additional fees? If so can someone provide the link. Also do u think it's wise to use a middle man in the application process

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm

GREG12345 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:55 pm
Hi I am about to apply for british citizenship. I currently have an eea4 visa I did the life in the uk exam I went online to check fees and a website immediately asked me for £196. I am guessing he is a middle man is there anyway to apply directly for this visa without additional fees? If so can someone provide the link. Also do u think it's wise to use a middle man in the application process
Are you talking about a visa, naturalisation or the Life in the UK test?

If it's the latter, do not book anywhere but through the relevant link on http://gov.uk (look for "Become a British Citizen") and only pay £50. You don't need a middle man for any of this (not even a lawyer), and definitely do not pay a penny extra!

British citizenship is not a visa (you are confusing terms).
If you are thinking of applying for PR (not a visa either) you shouldn't pay more than £65.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm
GREG12345 wrote:
Are you talking about a visa, naturalisation or the Life in the UK test?

If it's the latter, do not book anywhere but through the relevant link on http://gov.uk (look for "Become a British Citizen") and only pay £50. You don't need a middle man for any of this (not even a lawyer), and definitely do not pay a penny extra!

British citizenship is not a visa (you are confusing terms).
If you are thinking of applying for PR (not a visa either) you shouldn't pay more than £65.
OP has already stated LIUK and PR is done and is applying for BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm

GREG12345 wrote:
You can apply on your own. Download form AN and the AN guidance notes and booklet. You can apply using NCS at the council (they charge a small fee). They will check your application and copy all your documents and give the originals back to you.

You can also apply for citizenship and British passport at the same time through NCS. Passport form you get from the Post Office.

You must also meet the English requirement. This is separate and in addition to the LIUK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

GREG12345
Newly Registered

Post by GREG12345 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Thank you for your help