ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS wait time for Tier 5 Gov Authorized Exchange

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

disheartened_student
Newly Registered
India

CoS wait time for Tier 5 Gov Authorized Exchange

Post by disheartened_student » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi, I'm studying in a European university and I just received an Erasmus grant to do an internship at a reputed UK university.

Prior to making the visa application, I applied through my uni Erasmus office for a CoS from the British Council. This was on 27.09.2017. On 11.10.2017, the British Council contacted the Erasmus office saying that they were unable to process the CoS application because the host uni acceptance letter did not contain the exact start and end dates of the placement.

I'm arranging for a new letter with the exact dates, but I'm feeling pretty disheartened because I somehow believe the CoS certificates are only issued once every month and I missed the bus for this month. Which means I wait another 4 weeks after sending them the correct document. Does anyone have any input on this? Has anyone else gone through this similar situation?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

disheartened_student
Newly Registered
India

Re: CoS wait time for Tier 5 Gov Authorized Exchange

Post by disheartened_student » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:40 am

Replying to my own question after a week of pointless panicking. It might help someone else in the same situation.

British Council (BC) issues unrestricted CoS to Erasmus plus trainees, which means there isn't a monthly CoS allocation. The CoS issue time depends on how long the British Council takes to process your documents. They took about 3 weeks to give me mine, including a week delay after notifying us of incomplete information from my end.

CoS application to BC: 27.08.2017
Request for additional doc from BC: 11.10.2017
Additional doc submission to BC: 13.10.2017
CoS receipt email: 19.10.2017
(Still waiting on my CoS hard copy, which I need for my visa appointment apparently)