ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Right wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:40 pm
A very stupid question. Who is supposed to fill out the name right at the beginning of section 5 (before 5.1). I assume it is me but wanted to double-check in case it is different.
You fill that in!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bholo

Post by bholo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Really confused about filling absent days.
It says in guide that ignore the day you left from uk and came back to uk and include rest of day.

I have done many weekend trips to europe some of which are day trips(return same day) and some where i depart on saturday and come back on sunday. According to the AN Guide, this makes it 0 days?

Really? Is it the case? If yes, do i even need to mention them

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:53 am

bholo wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 pm
Really confused about filling absent days.
It says in guide that ignore the day you left from uk and came back to uk and include rest of day.

I have done many weekend trips to europe some of which are day trips(return same day) and some where i depart on saturday and come back on sunday. According to the AN Guide, this makes it 0 days?

Really? Is it the case? If yes, do i even need to mention them
then ignore those days for calculating number of days OUT of the UK but you must include it in the list of travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

babygirl

Post by babygirl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 pm

A few questions
1. Residence requirements - I do not remember exact dates of my travel, the stamps on Passport are not very clear so struggling with the dates, particularly with 2009, 2008 & so on years. Should I write the first entry details and then include last 5 year travel details or does it has to be last 10 years?

2. One of my reference has made a typo on "say how you know the applicant" box. shall i leave it or edit it or print that paper and write it (it won't be in his hand writing) ?

3. Is the following documents enough or anything else needs to be included?
- Completed AN form
- Payment slip
- Passports
- ILR/Biometrics Card
- NI card
- Most recent salary slip (is this needed and how many months should I include if needed)
- Marriage certificate (As I am applying with my wife)
- Life in UK pass certificate
- Degree certificate for english language.

4. Payment slip - can I just use one slip even if I am submitting for my wife too at the sametime?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 am

babygirl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 pm
A few questions
1. Residence requirements - I do not remember exact dates of my travel, the stamps on Passport are not very clear so struggling with the dates, particularly with 2009, 2008 & so on years. Should I write the first entry details and then include last 5 year travel details or does it has to be last 10 years? Have you read the form properly?? Where does it ask for 10 years absence records???

2. One of my reference has made a typo on "say how you know the applicant" box. shall i leave it or edit it or print that paper and write it (it won't be in his hand writing) ? What exactly is the typo (word)?

- Completed AN form
- Payment slip
- Passports
- ILR/Biometrics Card
- NI card Not needed
- Most recent salary slip (is this needed and how many months should I include if needed) Note needed

4. Payment slip - can I just use one slip even if I am submitting for my wife too at the sametime? Check with NCS if you are applying through them, but as each person applying has to meet the requirements individually, I personally would do two, also less chance of the payment being blocked by the bank. There is no 'dependent' concept for citizenship applications.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

babygirl

Post by babygirl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 am
babygirl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 pm
A few questions
1. Residence requirements - I do not remember exact dates of my travel, the stamps on Passport are not very clear so struggling with the dates, particularly with 2009, 2008 & so on years. Should I write the first entry details and then include last 5 year travel details or does it has to be last 10 years? Have you read the form properly?? Where does it ask for 10 years absence records???

2. One of my reference has made a typo on "say how you know the applicant" box. shall i leave it or edit it or print that paper and write it (it won't be in his hand writing) ? What exactly is the typo (word)?

- Completed AN form
- Payment slip
- Passports
- ILR/Biometrics Card
- NI card Not needed
- Most recent salary slip (is this needed and how many months should I include if needed) Note needed

4. Payment slip - can I just use one slip even if I am submitting for my wife too at the sametime? Check with NCS if you are applying through them, but as each person applying has to meet the requirements individually, I personally would do two, also less chance of the payment being blocked by the bank. There is no 'dependent' concept for citizenship applications.

Thanks
1. the form says i should include the first entry date so if it was 10 years ago the details needs to cover from entry till date? if its just last 5 years thats fine.

2. the typo is "freind" instead of "friend".

3. Oh does bank stop payments like that? I thought it does not happen in situations like payment made to govt. organisations.

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 am

1. the form says i should include the first entry date so if it was 10 years ago the details needs to cover from entry till date? if its just last 5 years thats fine.It doesn't have to cover anything,
just put the first date of entry you remember and clarity the fact that you are unsure of it as it was many years ago. I personally think that if you at least know the year you will be fine.

2. the typo is "freind" instead of "friend".My reference had his address wrong, didn't correct it, no problems

3. Oh does bank stop payments like that? I thought it does not happen in situations like payment made to govt. organisations.It doesn't stop payment, no, unless bank is awkward and ask for voice verification or any other confirmation

october2013

Post by october2013 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Apologies if this has been previously asked abd answered pls.

Currently completing my AN form...i have had my ILR since 2015
1) life in the uk test- i submitted it as part of my ILR application and the HO retained it....what do i do now as its requested?
2) have a UK degree and m guessing thats sufficient for english language requirements?
1.27- my dads been late over 26yrs and i honestky dont know his dob, what do i do?
3.3 what are civil penalties under the immigration act?
6 3 - date biometrics taken? Don't remember the date when i did it for my ILR...i remember the year though
Does my passport photo need to be signed and how many do i need to submit?

Submissions
- AN form
- Payment slip
- Passport
- BRP
- Degree award
-Drivers license (was used fot my life in the UK test)

Is there anything elseI need to submit pls?

october2013

Post by october2013 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 pm

[quote=october2013 post_id=1544888 time=1507306252 user_id=96938]
Apologies if this has been previously asked abd answered pls.

Currently completing my AN form...i have had my ILR since 2015
1) life in the uk test- i submitted it as part of my ILR application and the HO retained it....what do i do now as its requested?
2) have a UK degree and m guessing thats sufficient for english language requirements?
1.27- my dads been late over 26yrs and i honestky dont know his dob, what do i do?
3.3 what are civil penalties under the immigration act?
6 3 - date biometrics taken? Don't remember the date when i did it for my ILR...i remember the year though
Does my passport photo need to be signed and how many do i need to submit?

Submissions
- AN form
- Payment slip
- Passport
- BRP
- Degree award
-Drivers license (was used fot my life in the UK test
- i see someone mentioned a letter from employers covering 10yrs....my previous place of employment was closed down and we were made redundant. I spent 7yrs there....my current place of employment i have spent 3yrs + however i am currently on maternity leave not due to resume till next year + our HR is outsourced and take weeks to respond.....what do i do?
Finally i was snapped on camera doing a 30+ in a 30mph zone and opted to attend a speed awareness course....do i declare this and which section is this declared?

Is there anything elseI need to submit pls?

innocentspy
Newly Registered

Post by innocentspy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:18 pm

I am filling out the naturalisation form and in that it asks for the employment history for 10 years. As I have been in UK for the last 10 years and there are period of employment to cover for me throughout the period. The issue is, guidance asks for evidence of employment to cover that period of employment I have stated in the form, I do not have all the evidences like 2007 payslip or P60 or for some part time job i don't have the payslip.

What should I do in that case for the periods of employment I do not have the evidence.

Any help would be appreciated

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Just give as much as you can and use the additional notes pages to explain why you are lacking the evidence.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:24 pm

i retained my right of residence after divorce EEA citizen and i'm holding permanent residence now,
i'm filling the AN form and i'm bit confusing what i have to answer question 2.4

2.4 If you are an EEA or Swiss national or the family member of an EEA or Swiss national,
please complete the following section.

Are you an EEA or Swiss national or the family member of an EEA or Swiss national?
i can say formal family member of an EEA national!

for Further information on page 22 can I tape it on computer and printed out instead of hand writing?

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello guys,
Actually Iam seeking some help in filling up my AN naturalisation form .. the form is the brand new one Feb'17 version.
Iam a family member of an EEA national as we got married in July'15 and was granted permanent residence on July'17, but deemed to acquire PR on July'15 .. the questions are:
1. Do you I need to fill in section 1.3 or would I leave it blank as long as I fill up section 2.4?

2.in the addresses where i lived before in section 1.17, what would I do if I dont remember the exact day when I moved or left the address?

3.I was married before on June'11, but hot divorced and i dont really remember my previpus wife's town of birth, would that be an issue or a reason for the application to be rejected?

4. In section 1.44, dates of marriage(s) over the last 5 years, which date should i write down here?

5.as long as the PR card's issue date July'17 is different from the date i deemed to acquire PR which is July'15, does section 7.7 apply on me? Would that be under any special circumstances?

Any answer would be appreciated :), thx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Nightknight wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:21 pm
Hello guys,
Actually Iam seeking some help in filling up my AN naturalisation form .. the form is the brand new one Feb'17 version.
Iam a family member of an EEA national as we got married in July'15 and was granted permanent residence on July'17, but deemed to acquire PR on July'15 .. the questions are:
1. Do you I need to fill in section 1.3 or would I leave it blank as long as I fill up section 2.4?

2.in the addresses where i lived before in section 1.17, what would I do if I dont remember the exact day when I moved or left the address?

3.I was married before on June'11, but hot divorced and i dont really remember my previpus wife's town of birth, would that be an issue or a reason for the application to be rejected?

4. In section 1.44, dates of marriage(s) over the last 5 years, which date should i write down here?

5.as long as the PR card's issue date July'17 is different from the date i deemed to acquire PR which is July'15, does section 7.7 apply on me? Would that be under any special circumstances?

You should check your dates highlighted above?? What is your UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:45 pm

I was married on 21st July 2015 , granted PR on 27th July 2017 but deemed to acquire PR on 21st July'17.
Actually, i came here as a studeny on 20th July'10, got married with an EEA national on 10th of June'11 but we officially got divorced on 15th Of May'15.
I got married again with an EEA national on thedate i mentioned above here and we currently live together ... thats my history so far

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Nightknight wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:21 pm
Hello guys,
1. Do you I need to fill in section 1.3 or would I leave it blank as long as I fill up section 2.4? Leave blank.

2.in the addresses where i lived before in section 1.17, what would I do if I dont remember the exact day when I moved or left the address? Month year is fine.

3.I was married before on June'11, but hot divorced and i dont really remember my previpus wife's town of birth, would that be an issue or a reason for the application to be rejected? You can write 'details not known'.

4. In section 1.44, dates of marriage(s) over the last 5 years, which date should i write down here? You need to write all your relevant dates of marriage as the question asks.

5.as long as the PR card's issue date July'17 is different from the date i deemed to acquire PR which is July'15, does section 7.7 apply on me? Would that be under any special circumstances? No, not relevant to your circumstances. Cross paragraph out and do not tick the box.

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Alright, thank you a lot for your time and help, but i dont mean yo be silly .. can you please be more specific regarding section 1.44 as I dont really quite understand the question ..I provided you with all the dates of my marriages, which one sjould i put in please ? :)
And regarding my ex. Partner's town of birth, is it worth writing down the reason why I dont know it on page 22 ?

Thanks a lot again really

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Nightknight wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm
Alright, thank you a lot for your time and help, but i dont mean yo be silly .. can you please be more specific regarding section 1.44 as I dont really quite understand the question ..I provided you with all the dates of my marriages, which one sjould i put in please ? :)
And regarding my ex. Partner's town of birth, is it worth writing down the reason why I dont know it on page 22 ?

Thanks a lot again really
If in the last 5 years you have only had one marriage/spouse, then list that. If you have been married more than once, you need to list both.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nightknight
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Nightknight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Much appreciated thx :)

cr87
Newly Registered

Post by cr87 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:28 am

Hi Guys,

Stupid questions. :?

Regarding payment form for naturalisation, https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2017.pdf

The very top right corner, HO ref, I am using NCS jCAP, will they use that or I can use my own ref number?

if using creditcard mastercard, please confirm if I need to put valid from date? or leave it blank?

Thank you
C

sunrise10
Newly Registered

Post by sunrise10 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Hello Guys,

Great Forum! Please could the moderators help with a question I have about the AN Application form? Thanks.

I got my ILR 19 months ago and now applying for Naturalisation. I was spouse dependant (5 years) and qualified on the same 5 years route when my spouse got ILR.

I was self employed for all that duration and paid all HMRC taxes due on time and have now got my Statement of Accounts as well from HMRC showing NIL balance. Currently since past 4 months I am studying a few professional Qualifications and no longer in business. Would this be okay as per qualifying criteria? I couldn't find any info on this as to when applying for Naturalisation the applicant should be employed? My spouse's salary covers all maintenance for now. I plan to go back to work after my studies which would be 6 months down the line.

Thanks in advance.

jay08
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by jay08 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi everyone
This is going to be my first question about an application in UK,
Firs of all I would like to thanks to every individuals about their previous information sharing which were very helpfully.

My question is about UK naturalisation application form, Referee and self employment parts.

1:) I am currently working in a company for 2 years as a full employee and before i had been working 2.5 years as freelancer for same company so naturally i have lots of good friendship with my colleges.
My personal referee is one of my working mate and professional referee is my manager in my company.
The problem is Our line manager name has changed to "head of creative studio", so after this renaming process there is no any position in my company as manager existed. Is Head of ...., or Head of Studio enough for professional referee.

2:) Can i use referees who are working in the same company ( both are my friends )

3:) I have my P60 and Payslips during my full-employed period, during the periods of my self-employment i had a call to tax office and explained the requested documents and i get a document which is 2 Pay as you Earn Self Assessment, is that OK.

Last one as an information: i had a mistake of my birth place name at the LIUK test which was province rather then town name, and they are not matching that my passport and test certificate. I have had a call to LIUK test centre and they suggested me if i put a cover letter about that issue then it should be alright. So i will do that.

Thanks for reading..a

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Welcome and I'll try and address some of your points.
First of all you should use the NCS service of your council, or one that is convenient, in order to retain your original documents, especially passport/PR card - you do have PR and held it for one year at least?

jay08 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:26 pm
Hi everyone
Firs of all I would like to thanks to every individuals about their previous information sharing which were very helpfully.

My question is about UK naturalisation application form, Referee and self employment parts.

1:) I am currently working in a company for 2 years as a full employee and before i had been working 2.5 years as freelancer for same company so naturally i have lots of good friendship with my colleges.
My personal referee is one of my working mate and professional referee is my manager in my company.
The problem is Our line manager name has changed to "head of creative studio", so after this renaming process there is no any position in my company as manager existed. Is Head of ...., or Head of Studio enough for professional referee. Should be ok, especially if person has professional qualifications.

2:) Can i use referees who are working in the same company ( both are my friends ) Yes - I had two from my company.

3:) I have my P60 and Payslips during my full-employed period, during the periods of my self-employment i had a call to tax office and explained the requested documents and i get a document which is 2 Pay as you Earn Self Assessment, is that OK. Instead of P60 you could obtain a letter from your employer to state you work there, giving dates, etc. Letter doesn't need to state salary, tax or NI. HMRC sounds fine.

Last one as an information: i had a mistake of my birth place name at the LIUK test which was province rather then town name, and they are not matching that my passport and test certificate. I have had a call to LIUK test centre and they suggested me if i put a cover letter about that issue then it should be alright. So i will do that. Agree.

Thanks for reading..a
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jay08
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by jay08 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm
Welcome and I'll try and address some of your points.
First of all you should use the NCS service of your council, or one that is convenient, in order to retain your original documents, especially passport/PR card - you do have PR and held it for one year at least?

jay08 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:26 pm
Hi everyone

The problem is Our line manager name has changed to "head of creative studio", so after this renaming process there is no any position in my company as manager existed. Is Head of ...., or Head of Studio enough for professional referee. Should be ok, especially if person has professional qualifications.

2:) Can i use referees who are working in the same company ( both are my friends ) Yes - I had two from my company.

3:) I have my P60 and Payslips during my full-employed period, during the periods of my self-employment i had a call to tax office and explained the requested documents and i get a document which is 2 Pay as you Earn Self Assessment, is that OK. Instead of P60 you could obtain a letter from your employer to state you work there, giving dates, etc. Letter doesn't need to state salary, tax or NI. HMRC sounds fine.

Last one as an information: i had a mistake of my birth place name at the LIUK test which was province rather then town name, and they are not matching that my passport and test certificate. I have had a call to LIUK test centre and they suggested me if i put a cover letter about that issue then it should be alright. So i will do that. Agree.

Thanks for reading..a
Thank you very much for quick reply, appreciated..I am working for a professional company which has over 60 employees and my head of creative is the director of 20 people and we are a limited company, should be Ok rather then exact word "manager" any aqualant is make sense as you mentioned.

I will get a letter from my company will included starting date and current position.
For self employment time i will attached as much as document i have form HMRI.
I will share my application progress here after.
Good luck everyone:)

jay08
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by jay08 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 pm

TI am a little bit confused about" professional qualification", is that about the persons background, education, trainings about his position? If yes i believe our head of creative hasn't got any design background however one of my friend who is head of 3d department and has graduated form design school. Is that relevant?

( Sorry for repeat question )