ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ishabhuiyan
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by ishabhuiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 am

Hello everyone!
here again, this time I had escalated to return the passport if a decision was not made soon. I heavily lamented of the delay and consequences was and am facing emotiinally, economically, mentally and splited family and which were all so true.

as a reply I received this time was literally next day from the Sheffield Visa Section saying that: unfortunately we cannot return the passport as a decision is being made. if you need your passport urgently then you may wish to withdraw the application and can apply on a later time again.

What do guys understand of the reply above? I mean is it better wait a few more days?

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 am

Suggest wait for a couple of weeks. Since you have already waited so long.
Ask them when the decision would be made as it cannot be never ending.

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 am

meakash619 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 pm
Hi

I applied from New Delhi India on 31st March and i am waiting since then, i have called them and emailed them and they have no answer . I have also sent an email to home office and not heard from them yet. Its been 5 months and 12 days and i don't know how long it'll take.Has anyone got visa after waiting for such a long time?
Hi

I am also from New Delhi, India. I have been waiting for almost the same time as you. I applied on the 9th of March. I have requested for an escalation but have not heard from them yet. Apparently there is a massive delay in India from what I read in the previous posts.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 am

How about all you Indian folk waiting >6 months stop whinging and go and do something proactive about it like inform the media, bbc etc. I included the bbc link here. Why did it get deleted?

Sadiq Khan keeps gurgling the same rhetoric, hit them where it hurts by exposing the truth. I have!

The political left cry crocodile tears every day for the refugees but fail to acknowledge our pain. How can you let a wife or husband of a citizen of your country be apart for 6 months!

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by calija777 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 am

TalitaZ wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 pm
drasl123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 am
byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 am
drasl123 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 am

Thanks
Yeah, I received another not straightforward email as a REPLY to escalation of my Application Process.

It's a kind of formated reply which they usually send. It doesn't carry any value.

Hello drasl123,

Congrats. So now you are happy. All the best to you and your partner.

Please share what not straightforward mail they sent you after escalation. They sent me also a mail after escalation that my application is not straightforward. Can you please share the full mail.

Thanks

Regards,
Byron
Thank a lot

I received the following email.

"Dear

Regarding Visa Application: GWF #########
For <<MISSING DATA FOR:>>## First Name ##########

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
RM
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Hi, to let you know, when I received this email the decision was made that same day.
Not saying it's the same in all cases, but in my case it was in fact forwarded to the 'Entry Clearance team' as the email mentioned and they processed it that day and Visa was issues the next day.
Hi,
I hope it will happen to my wife as well, because I have escalated second time on the 3rd of October and received the same email today instead of escalation confirmation (which I never had).
When did you do your escalation prior this email?
Thank you.

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:37 am

Europehelpline could you send the bbc email id and the link as it got deleted.
Am not sure maybe by the moderator.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Danny27 can you send me a private message? I tried to forward you the email but was not able to send you a personal message

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

danny27 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:37 am
If you see the article published on the bbc, under the title of that article, name of the journalist will
Be there. Firstname.surname at bbc co uk

You can also send with out dot in between names. Either will work.

MuAl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by MuAl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Bollox wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm
danny27 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:37 am
If you see the article published on the bbc, under the title of that article, name of the journalist will
Be there. Firstname.surname at bbc co uk

You can also send with out dot in between names. Either will work.
Hi guys
Could you share me the email of BBC because I want to contact them as will
I be sent them an email but nothing issues by them
I want to share my story with so may be make more attention by.
Thank you

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 pm

[/quote]

Hi, to let you know, when I received this email the decision was made that same day.
Not saying it's the same in all cases, but in my case it was in fact forwarded to the 'Entry Clearance team' as the email mentioned and they processed it that day and Visa was issues the next day.
[/quote]

Hi,
I hope it will happen to my wife as well, because I have escalated second time on the 3rd of October and received the same email today instead of escalation confirmation (which I never had).
When did you do your escalation prior this email?
Thank you.
[/quote]

It was 15 working days after they confirmed escalation that I received this email. (I did escalate earlier but due to an error at the UKVI they re-escalated it after a week and the 15 waiting days started again)
Our situation was that my husband was stuck in the Netherlands with my family while his Schengen Visa was expired, so he was in Netherlands illegally due to these Home Office delays. I think that definitely helped push it through. Good luck, I hope you get good news soon!

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Europehelpme

This is my email if email address removed by moderator
Suggest u send me a msg

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 pm

europehelpme wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 am
How about all you Indian folk waiting >6 months stop whinging and go and do something proactive about it like inform the media, bbc etc. I included the bbc link here. Why did it get deleted?

Sadiq Khan keeps gurgling the same rhetoric, hit them where it hurts by exposing the truth. I have!

The political left cry crocodile tears every day for the refugees but fail to acknowledge our pain. How can you let a wife or husband of a citizen of your country be apart for 6 months!
Why you keep asking everyone to contact the bbc? Did you contact them yourself? If yes, where is the proof?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:58 pm

danny27 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm
Europehelpme

This is my email if email address removed by moderator
Suggest u send me a msg
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Email addresses of anyone (members or outside people) are not permitted to be posted on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 pm

MUMBAI 03/04/2017 Y N 130

Hello all.
Just got this email. First time after 3 escalations.

Regarding Visa Application: GWF***********¥
For IRFAN ************

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

Kind Regards
SF

www.GOV.UK

Don’t really know what kind of checks are they doing.

Regards

Irfan

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Today it's been 100 days visa of my husband, applied from Madrid, Spain (26 May 2017).

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Bollox wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 pm
MUMBAI 03/04/2017 Y N 130

Hello all.
Just got this email. First time after 3 escalations.

Regarding Visa Application: GWF***********¥
For IRFAN ************

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

Kind Regards
SF

www.GOV.UK

Don’t really know what kind of checks are they doing.

Regards

Irfan
There are no checks. They just say this to cover up the fact that they have a giant backlog. Even in very straightforward cases they sent this email, it's just a standard excuse email.

Arek
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Arek » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:09 pm

nufchavq wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm
To summarise, that's what we got so far, ordered by biometrics date and I went back a couple of weeks in this thread. Please post your timelines (for EEA Family Permit only, please!) and I'll happily keep that list updated.

(User) - (Biometrics date/Place) - (Non-straightforward Y/N) - (Decision made Y/N) - (Business days)
byronwilliams1185 - ?/? - ? - N - 138
Bollox - 3.4.17/Mumbai - ? - N - 132
baig5035 - 3.4.17/? - ? - N - 132
Enka2018 - ?/? - ? - N - 130
Fernandes007 - ?/? - ? - N - 128
sidkapure - ?/? - ? - Y - 120
njoseph - 9.5.17/Ireland - Y - N - 109
kurasinski_simran - 5 months ago/? - ? - N - 108
Esperan24 - 24.5.17/Mumbai - Y - N - 97
alexns93 - 8.6.17/Belgrade - Y - N - 87
TP1982 - 9.6.17/? - ? - Y - 77
nufchavq - 30.6.17/Kiev - Y - N - 71
Alexkowalski87 - 3.7.2017/? - Y - N - 70
realbrit - 11.7.17/? - Y - N - 64
dokie - 18.7.17/Lagos - Y - N - 59
TalitaZ - 27.6.17/Dusseldorf - Y - Y - 35
yanaveron - 23.8.17/Kiev - Y - N - 33

update in progress..
Arek - 07.08.17/Manila - Y - N - 50

Olajide1
Nigeria

Post by Olajide1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:59 am

dokie wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm
Hey guys,
This forum has been helpful in so many ways. I really appreciate everyone on here.
I submitted my application (standard) in Lagos, Nigeria.
Here's my timeline so far;
July 18 : Biometrics
July 29 : app acknowledged by Sheffield
Aug 4 : not-straightforward email from Sheffield
Aug 24 : Escalated
I'm impatiently waiting and praying for a good outcome, today makes it 34 working days.
Please, is the processing time different from one country to another cuz I've seen different processing times from 15-120 working days?
I pray we all have our FP granted at the end of it all. Bless!
Hi Dokie,
Place of application:Abuja Nigeria
I applied online: 15/07/2017
Biometrics: 21/07/17
Application received at Sheffield: 24/07/17
Application b4 ECO :4/08/17
Not straightforward email: 9/08/17
As we speak I've not heard anything.
It's so frustrating . Sometimes I dream I'm checking my email . Escalation from what I've read on this forum is not helpful.
I wish u nd everyone waiting good luck

Olajide1
Nigeria

Post by Olajide1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 am

juliet16 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 pm
My wife applied for EEA fp since july 7th.Its over 12 weeks as stated in the letter we received from sheffield.The long wait is so stressful for me and my family.I dont know if anybody has the same timeline.I have escalated and no confirmation .Its just frustrating .

thanks
I also applied in July and my 60days will lapse on Monday 16th October
The waiting is draining. I've been separated from my wife since June when she came visiting

vickyp
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by vickyp » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 pm

vickyp: Mumbai - 24/08/17 Y N 37
Well this is my family's application details. I am currently in the UK. I wanted to know two things if anyone aware of it.
1. Can I change my current job as I got one opportunity. (or it may affect the visa application process ?)
2. Can I contact UKVI on behalf of my spouse ? (Can sponsor contact the UKVI regarding visa application status inquiries ?)

THANKS...

Mdf74813
Newly Registered

Post by Mdf74813 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello guys, can someone tell me if it's possible to enter the UK with eea family permit if my wife is not present.
She will be travelling to Canada due to business purposes for around 3 months. So that she won't be present while I will fly to the UK.
Please let me know if you know exactly.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:19 pm

vmahendra wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 pm
Well this is my family's application details. I am currently in the UK. I wanted to know two things if anyone aware of it.
1. Can I change my current job as I got one opportunity. (or it may affect the visa application process ?)
2. Can I contact UKVI on behalf of my spouse ? (Can sponsor contact the UKVI regarding visa application status inquiries ?)

THANKS...
Hello Vicky

Yes you can contact UKVI on behalf of your spouse.

I have no clue about first question.

Regards

Irfan
Mumbai 03/04/17 Y N 135

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:40 pm

vmahendra wrote:

THANKS...
Hey,

To answer to your first question it's YES, they can not expect to put your life on hold. I changed job 6 weeks after my husband applied for EEA FP (we are currently waiting 19 weeks) and I am not worried at all that they could give you refusal based on that. Note I'm not my husband's sponsor, he has never stated this in his application.

Best regards,
Agnieszka

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 pm

agnieszka1509 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:40 pm
vmahendra wrote:

THANKS...
Hey,

To answer to your first question it's YES, they can not expect to put your life on hold. I changed job 6 weeks after my husband applied for EEA FP (we are currently waiting 19 weeks) and I am not worried at all that they could give you refusal based on that. Note I'm not my husband's sponsor, he has never stated this in his application.

Best regards,
Agnieszka
EEA FPs are issued on the basis that the EEA spouse is exercising treaty rights in the UK, so how can you say that you are not his sponsor?

vickyp
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by vickyp » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Bollox wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:19 pm
vmahendra wrote:

THANKS...
Hello Vicky

Yes you can contact UKVI on behalf of your spouse.

I have no clue about first question.

Regards

Irfan
Mumbai 03/04/17 Y N 135

Thanks Irfan.

Dan is right Agnieszka and I think sponsor cannot change his/her job because in some cases (like when i applied for eea residence doc.) they call employers to confirm our employment, don't know if they do the same when our family member apply for visa.