ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navinw

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by navinw » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Amyjane wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 pm
Hi guys am new here...been reading comments and decided to drop mine. I applied February 16th under crown service..so it got to HO mid March and got my enrollment letter the following week and noticed my name was spelt wrong, wrote to then and got an email April 21st with an attachment of a new enrollment letter which I did April 28th.checked my status on line 3weeks later : awaiting decision may 25th....got tired of seeing same thing every time I check....finally it changed to decided 11th September...waited for 20 working days no letter so i called and was told i would hear from then 5working days...got home that same day received an Email saying my application has not been decided and they apologize as the app is still been tested. In conclusion they said I would get an email when they conclude with my application...dont no whether to scream or cry......decided to take my mind off and concentrate on other thing.....😊😊
hey @amyjane, can understand your frustration...

This is not good...how would you then trust-whether the status actually changed or by mistaken :-(
Patience running really low for me now :-(

Adi385
Newly Registered
India

Post by Adi385 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi ,

Applied via Jcap -16.06.2017
Then changed address in August .
Sent a written letter regarding change of address but no confirmation recieved.
Found this thread .. and checked status of application - says Awaiting Decision -, updated - 27th June 2017.

Wondering if they have recieved the letter or not :cry: . Should I email them about the same / will my application be affected because of this. Not sure of anything lately.

fiv
Newly Registered

Post by fiv » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 am

navinw wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm
Amyjane wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 pm
Hi guys am new here...been reading comments and decided to drop mine. I applied February 16th under crown service..so it got to HO mid March and got my enrollment letter the following week and noticed my name was spelt wrong, wrote to then and got an email April 21st with an attachment of a new enrollment letter which I did April 28th.checked my status on line 3weeks later : awaiting decision may 25th....got tired of seeing same thing every time I check....finally it changed to decided 11th September...waited for 20 working days no letter so i called and was told i would hear from then 5working days...got home that same day received an Email saying my application has not been decided and they apologize as the app is still been tested. In conclusion they said I would get an email when they conclude with my application...dont no whether to scream or cry......decided to take my mind off and concentrate on other thing.....😊😊
I can tell you in my case that the status was correct. It changed to Decided on the 25 Sep and when I spoke to them on the phone they said they dispatched it in early October so I will receive it this week. The funny thing is I already received a ceremony invitation letter from the council asking me to book it. So I know I have been approved but I am still waiting for the approval letter before I book it.
hey @amyjane, can understand your frustration...

This is not good...how would you then trust-whether the status actually changed or by mistaken :-(
Patience running really low for me now :-(

Danval
Newly Registered

Post by Danval » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Quick question... I've seen some posts saying that you got "Decided" on the website but then after enquiring the ho people got told that actually it was not yet decided....
Anybody had it the other way around? "Awaiting decision" on the website but still got the letter from HO?

T400
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by T400 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 pm

HI - Just a quick update and question if anyone applied same day?

Application date is 17.05.2017

Tomorrow ill be exactly 5 months in.

I emailed them last week, still no reply.

Really great service for almost £2k spent all together.

Frustrated.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:53 pm

If that's of any help T400, I've submitted my family application 3 weeks later, paid nearly £6000 and still no news. Well as we all know, Brexit was all about getting rid of us Poles, so I'm not at all surprised we are dealt with the lowest priority...
No point emailing until 6 months is up - they'll just send you standard response to wait until the 6 months is up, then to contact them.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:25 pm

[quote=T400 post_id=1549079 time=1508159650 user_id=179139]
HI - Just a quick update and question if anyone applied same day?

Application date is 17.05.2017

Tomorrow ill be exactly 5 months in.

I emailed them last week, still no reply.

Really great service for almost £2k spent all together.

Frustrated.

I applied 19.05.17 and still waiting. I also email them and they replied after two days with standard reply saying applications are dealt on receipt basis as you have applied on 19.05.17 it will take awhile long for your application be considered. once decided case worker will contact.

Amyjane
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Amyjane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi guys it's me again....just received an Email telling me my ceremony date😯😯😮...confused ... I haven't received an approval letter...cant be happy before they tell me it's another error....guys what do you think?

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Amyjane wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm
Hi guys it's me again....just received an Email telling me my ceremony date😯😯😮...confused ... I haven't received an approval letter...cant be happy before they tell me it's another error....guys what do you think?
Unless you get approval letter in paper as an evidence, I don’t think we can do anything.....

I am too waiting from last 5 months now.
Don’t know what do I do now .....

Duke78
Newly Registered

Post by Duke78 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi guys
I applied on the in August 2017. Application received on 17th August, biometrics on 23rd and after that status changed to awaiting decision. On 12th October status changed to decided. Doesnt sound very good to me when I see all other applicants still waiting for months. Is it a refusal? Worried now 😔

baddy

Post by baddy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Duke78 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm
Hi guys
I applied on the in August 2017. Application received on 17th August, biometrics on 23rd and after that status changed to awaiting decision. On 12th October status changed to decided. Doesnt sound very good to me when I see all other applicants still waiting for months. Is it a refusal? Worried now 😔
That's roughly 2 months. It does not necessarily mean refusal. May be yours is a straight forward application. Or it could be the same case as some people that theirs showed DECIDED and they called HO and HO told them it is still Waiting for Approval. To the best of your knowledge, is there anything you did not declare on the application, things like FPN/Police Caution etc.,

Do let us know what the outcome is when you evetually get the letter.

Smallstew
Newly Registered

Post by Smallstew » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 pm

@Duke78 I don't think you should start worrying because yours seam to have been decided too soon, and for that you suspect the outcome. Ideally the turn arround time for most applications before things got out of hand like this, is two months.My wife and kids got theirs decide within two months, one of my colleagues got hers' decided under two months as well.These applications where made in November last year (2016).My own application was made on 22/05/2017.Nearly 5 months on, I am still waiting.
I think it is a combination of timing and case worker.

So if yours says decided, take it and be positive that you will get a positive result.You may just be one of the lucky few(In terms of waiting time)

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Duke78 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm
Hi guys

@Duke78.

Don't worry, its all down to caseworker i believe.
Every person way of working is different. Some people are more cautious, some are always quick and some are like take it easy...
So don't think negative. Congrats and now just wait for approval letter(in next 10 days)

Duke78
Newly Registered

Post by Duke78 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Many thanks my friends for replying. I am a doctor. Had Tier2 for 5 years plus 1 year ILR. I attended a speeding course in 2015 even before ILR. Other thing was I had warrants of recovery issued in my name by a bailiff because of an unpaid London dart charge. This was accidental just because all mail was going to my old address. The issue was resolved as soon as I came to know and I paid the whole amount all at once. There was no CCJ judgement or anything. I applied through a well reputed solicitor firm and even they said that my case was straight. I declared everything to the solicitor. So now lets see what luck holds for me. Will keep you guys updated. Hope its good.

Ibiyemi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibiyemi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 am

My application was on 14th Febuary, 2017, biometrics done 2weeks after. My status was last updated 25th of June and is still saying 'awaiting decision'. Hopefully that will change soon because am worried sick. Its more than 8months & am Keeping my finger crossed. Thanks

Snitika13l
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Snitika13l » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 am

Applied through NCS - 9th May 2017
Online Status changed - 22th May 2017 (awaiting decision) - when home office actually deduct fee from your account.
June - waiting
Address change email sent - 5th July 2017
Address change confirmation received - 3rd August 2017
Email received from CT4 Nationality Group, Liverpool - 25th Sept 2017 - they were confirming the delivery address as I moved in b/w my application
Online Status changed - 25th Sept 2017 (Decided) my case changed online to DECIDED.
Confirmation - 3rd Oct 2017 - I emailed them to confirm to which address they have posted.
Letter posted by HOMEOFFICE or Nationality Group - 30th Sept 2017 (there is a huge backlog as per them it took 5 days to print and post letter to me) - and should receive by 6th Oct 2017. They will be happy to assist if I don't receive the letter.
And was told there was no issue in my application and I should be ready for the ceremony once I receive the letter

Got call from home office, confirming that they posted my letter on 9th Oct 2017.
Letter Received - 12th Oct 2017
Booked Ceremony at local council - ceremony date - 14th Nov 2017.

Good Luck everyone :)

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 am

Snitika13l wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 am
Online Status changed - 22th May 2017 (awaiting decision) - when home office actually deduct fee from your account.
June - waiting
Email received from CT4 Nationality Group, Liverpool - 25th Sept 2017 - they were confirming the delivery address as I moved in b/w my application
Online Status changed - 25th Sept 2017 (Decided) my case changed online to DECIDED.
Confirmation - 3rd Oct 2017 - I emailed them to confirm to which address they have posted.
Letter posted by HOMEOFFICE or Nationality Group - 30th Sept 2017 (there is a huge backlog as per them it took 5 days to print and post letter to me) - and should receive by 6th Oct 2017. They will be happy to assist if I don't receive the letter.
And was told there was no issue in my application and I should be ready for the ceremony once I receive the letter

Got call from home office, confirming that they posted my letter on 9th Oct 2017.

hi Nikita,
Congrats :-)

who mentioned this that
"there is a huge backlog as per them it took 5 days to print and post letter to me" ?

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:18 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Really getting frustrated...now..... :-(

Every hour i have been checking the status, thinking it will change to "Decided" from last 5 months.....
but seems nothing has changed until now...........

:cry:

Snitika13l
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Snitika13l » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 am

navinw wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 am
Snitika13l wrote:
June - waiting

hi Nikita,

who mentioned this that
"there is a huge backlog as per them it took 5 days to print and post letter to me" ?

Email address removed by moderator

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am

Snitika13l wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 am
navinw wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 am
Snitika13l wrote:
June - waiting

hi Nikita,

who mentioned this that

plz remove her email id, as its personal information and not allowed in the this forum board.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 am

Snitika13l wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 am
Email address removed by moderator
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules to understand what you can and cannot post on the forum. Specifically named HO staff emails are not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Snitika13l
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Snitika13l » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 pm

I received email from HomeOffice. You can dial them on the number visibile on the link where you check your status. They will contact the relevant team and you can request a call back. They don't tell decision over the phone.

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shaolin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi all

The online status of my application was updated to 'Decided' on 5th Oct 2017 however I havent received anything in post yet.
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing delay in receiving the paperworks after their status was updated to Decided or its just me :(

Sam69
Mood:
India

Post by Sam69 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 pm

aravindb4u wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:19 pm
Sam69, Dont surrender your Indian PP, until you receive your British PP by post. It happened to one of my friend and they found themselves in unfortunate situation in an emergency.

For me my ceremony is mid Nov, however I'm travelling out of UK in 2nd week of Dec.
I'm hoping I will receive PP by end of Nov, if not I will have to use my current nationality passport, but apply a visa for my travel. Touchwood, I will receive British PP by end of Nov. :|

Dont surrender Indian PP on ceremony day immediately, you dont have to. Allow some time for it, as there is no penalty for travelling on Indian PP for 3 or 6 months I believe
Thanks @arvindb4u for heads up, problem is rules are not clear regarding submission of Indian Passport. On the website they say once you receive nationalisation certificate you shall submit your passport ASAP. but you are correct no need to hurry in surrendering our present passport if I am planning to travel.

luckystar786
Newly Registered

Post by luckystar786 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

hi
same here status changed to decied on 6th oct .but did not receive anything yet ...i hope we will receive the letter by end of this week......