ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting evidence for extended family member EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Supporting evidence for extended family member EEA FP

Post by GoDutch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi there.

I'm a European citizen and I have some family members from a war torn country. I would like to bring a couple over.

So far I have

- proof of me paying for their plane ticket and me supporting the family
- proof me being able to support them with help from other family members nearby
- my passport
-their passport with pictures
- proof of my studies and life in the uk

However it does state that I need proof that my cousins are related. Trouble is, we're related through my mothers side so no same surname and They were born during the war so they won't have any birth certificates and all of that? Do I have to produce a DNA test?

Casa

Re: Supporting evidence for extended family member EEA FP

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Do you hold PR in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Yes, I do. I'm even eligible for a passport but choose not to.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Have you acquired a DCPR to certify that you have PR in the UK?

What is your relationship to the family members?

Are they currently dependent on you in their country of origin? If not, did they reside with you as a member of your household in their war-torn country of origin?

Have they applied for asylum or humanitarian protection in any country in the EU?
Last edited by secret.simon on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm

GoDutch wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 pm
What documented evidence do you have to prove that ALL the family members you intend to sponsor are financially dependent on you. :?:

Edit: Pipped to the post by secret.simon
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm
GoDutch wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 pm
What documented evidence do you have to prove that ALL the family members you intend to sponsor are financially dependent on you. :?:

Edit: Pipped to the post by secret.simon
I have my money remittance receipts for the families and I'll be paying for their tickets

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Have you acquired a DCPR to certify that you have PR in the UK?

What is your relationship to the family members?

Are they currently dependent on you in their country of origin? If not, did they reside with you as a member of your household in their war-torn country of origin?

Have they applied for asylum or humanitarian protection in any country in the EU?
Well I have that

And they are dependant on me. I pay their rent and their living costs every month and they are my first cousins in my mothers side.

And they haven't come to the EU instead they have been in refugee camps in their own country

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:50 pm

GoDutch wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 pm
Hi there.

I'm a European citizen and I have some family members from a war torn country. I would like to bring a couple over.

So far I have

- proof me being able to support them with help from other family members nearby
- my passport

However it does state that I need proof that my cousins are related. Trouble is, we're related through my mothers side so no same surname and They were born during the war so they won't have any birth certificates and all of that? Do I have to produce a DNA test?
Any idea?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:12 pm

I assume you mean you have proof of paying their rent before they moved to the refugee camp? :?

How old are they?
(Casa, not CR001)

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:12 pm
I assume you mean you have proof of paying their rent before they moved to the refugee camp? :?

How old are they?
Yes and I still give money to them through money transfer company in their country. They are in their early 20s and teens

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi all,
My mother is a Dutch national who has lived in the U.K for 10+ years. She has PR. She’s worked for only 1 year in the 10 years. She had to quit work as She has a disabled child and she’s her sole carer. She also now has chronic pain and may undergo surgery. My mother only gets Income Support but may get Personal Independence Payment (New version of Disability Living Allowance for 16-65).

She’s getting prepared to apply for EEA extended FP for her nieces living in Kenya. My grandmother has died recently and they have no one to look after them and She has paid their rent, food money, bills and everything for several years. She can prove that I’m financially responsible for them.

Do She qualify for QP or do I have to sign on as Jobseekers?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Kenya is not a 'worn torn country', as you have stated in your first post in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm
Kenya is not a 'worn torn country', as you have stated in your first post in this topic.
I'm also confused. Which refugee camp exactly are they currently living in? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:43 pm

GoDutch wrote:
Hi there.

So far I have

- my passport

War torn country? Kenya?

Plane ticket to/from where?

'Bring a couple over'? The chosen few?

So they depend financially on you from money from people you depend on?

You are a student?

Think we need a fuller explanation, because at the moment it all sounds a bit far-fetched.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:43 pm
GoDutch wrote:
Hi there.

So far I have

- my passport

War torn country? Kenya?

You are a student?

Think we need a fuller explanation, because at the moment it all sounds a bit far-fetched.
@Wanderer. To add to the confusion, at times it appears that this is the Dutch mother posting under her Spanish national daughter's user name (who is applying for an EEA FP for her Turkish boyfriend in another thread). :?

eea-route-applications/do-i-qualify-as- ... l#p1549132
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm
Wanderer wrote:
GoDutch wrote:
Hi there.

So far I have

- my passport

War torn country? Kenya?

You are a student?

@Wanderer. To add to the confusion, at times it appears that this is the Dutch mother posting under her Spanish national daughter's user name (who is applying for an EEA FP for her Turkish boyfriend in another thread). :?

Ta, can't be arsed checking anymore with all these half-stories and people posting on behalf etc......

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm
Wanderer wrote:
GoDutch wrote:
Hi there.

So far I have

- my passport

War torn country? Kenya?

You are a student?

No no. That’s not the case, I am not that user, I only commented to ask if she worked as users can help others, right?

Besides, my first original post was about me. I’m a university student studying in the U.K. but I grew up here. I wanted to bring my cousins look after my cousins with my family but because students can’t bring over extended family members, it was decided that my mother would be the one who applied for them after all she sent them money and she lived with them 20 years ago.

Where are they from? Somalia (war torn for 26 years) but I’ll be applying at the UKVI processing centre in Nairobi since my grandmother was looking after them. They were moved several times but now seeing as the country just had one of the worst attacks, they’ve moved to Kenya again.

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 am

Hello?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am

Think you're flogging a dead horse with this one.

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: Supporting evidence for extended family member EEA FP,

Post by GoDutch » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am
Fair enough, there’s been a rough start :oops: . Would my mother be a QP though?

tmonaghan
Mood:

Re: Supporting evidence for extended family member EEA FP,

Post by tmonaghan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:42 am

GoDutch wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am
Fair enough, there’s been a rough start :oops: . Would my mother be a QP though?
Even if your mother was a QP; the Home Office will never grant them the right to reside in the UK on the basis that they will likely apply for asylum...