ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adminstrative Review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Adminstrative Review

Post by acifali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello guys,
I secured a spot in Cyber Security (MSc) at Coventry University and accordingly applied for visa on 14th October. The interview was smooth and lasted like a 7 minutes only. I was then informed that my Visa decision couldn't be made in the specified 15 days. Long story short, I got a call for telephonic interview on 09th October, 2017 from the Home Office. He asked a series of questions. I accordingly answered them. He even asked question about the Degree Modules and I answered him accordingly. At the end, I told him that the classes starts from 17th October, so I will appreciate a decision before then (I had specified it even at the time of filing the Visa, over the video call so i still had a month left to join the session then).
I got the decision on 15th and it was a refusal. I was shocked yet I thought it might be financial or lack of any additional documents. I'm attaching the refusal reasons along.
So I'm thinking of going for an Administrative Review. Personally, they don't seem like reasons solid enough to deprive me of the chance to study. I do know, I probably won't be able to join this session. So, I have a couple of questions given that I will have to appeal before the 28 days deadline.

1) It is a good idea to apply for the AR? If yes then:
2) Will I be needed to download the application, fill it by hand and then email them the scanned copy?
3) Will I be needed to resubmit all the documents I provided them during the initial visa application filing?
4) Should I request a CAS for the upcoming session and then apply?
5) What can I do to make the appeal more convincing?

I will really appreciate any guidance on time so that I can move forward with my application. I am attaching a "One Drive" link to the screenshot of refusal letter because I couldn't find an option to upload one here.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Adminstrative Review

Post by acifali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm

It was refused under the paragraph 245ZV(k) of Immigration Rules. By saying " I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraph 245ZV of the Immigration Rules."

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:10 pm

The university that is sponsoring your visa offers free immigration advice to their sponsored students, including on issues around credibility interviews:

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/international ... nterviews/

They are much better placed to advise you than anyone here.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:10 pm
The university that is sponsoring your visa offers free immigration advice to their sponsored students, including on issues around credibility interviews:

Thanks for the response. Their Country Head already conducted my interview face-to-face before they decided to offer me the CAS letter. He only advised me to strengthen my financial documents. I still have mailed the university for the same query I posted, but 2 out of 3 independent consultants advised me to go for the review. University takes quite some time to address issues. Hence, I'm just trying to be sure and convincing if I go for the appeal.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

acifali wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 pm
sah10406 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks for the response. Their Country Head already conducted my interview face-to-face before they decided to offer me the CAS letter. He only advised me to strengthen my financial documents. I still have mailed the university for the same query I posted, but 2 out of 3 independent consultants advised me to go for the review. University takes quite some time to address issues. Hence, I'm just trying to be sure and convincing if I go for the appeal.
Can you tell the exact reasons mentioned on refusal.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 pm

acifali wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:20 pm
Hello guys,
I secured a spot in Cyber Security (MSc) at Coventry University and accordingly applied for visa on 14th October. The interview was smooth and lasted like a 7 minutes only. I was then informed that my Visa decision couldn't be made in the specified 15 days. Long story short, I got a call for telephonic interview on 09th October, 2017 from the Home Office. He asked a series of questions. I accordingly answered them. He even asked question about the Degree Modules and I answered him accordingly. At the end, I told him that the classes starts from 17th October, so I will appreciate a decision before then (I had specified it even at the time of filing the Visa, over the video call so i still had a month left to join the session then).
I got the decision on 15th and it was a refusal. I was shocked yet I thought it might be financial or lack of any additional documents. I'm attaching the refusal reasons along.
So I'm thinking of going for an Administrative Review. Personally, they don't seem like reasons solid enough to deprive me of the chance to study. I do know, I probably won't be able to join this session. So, I have a couple of questions given that I will have to appeal before the 28 days deadline.

1) It is a good idea to apply for the AR? If yes then:
2) Will I be needed to download the application, fill it by hand and then email them the scanned copy?
3) Will I be needed to resubmit all the documents I provided them during the initial visa application filing?
4) Should I request a CAS for the upcoming session and then apply?
5) What can I do to make the appeal more convincing?

I will really appreciate any guidance on time so that I can move forward with my application. I am attaching a "One Drive" link to the screenshot of refusal letter because I couldn't find an option to upload one here.
Ar depends what are refusals. 245zv(k) is not easy to get it overturn but previous posts by user danie has successfully won the 245zv(k) refusal.

You will need to download administrative review form
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-administrative-review

You cannot submit any new documents in AR unless it is 320 ban or if ECM needs further documents he will request.

For new application you will need new cas. For AR you don’t need new cas . If AR is won UKVI will ask you to provide new course dates which your university will confirm. If you make new application before AR outcome it will be considered invalid.

To make AR you will need to ask help from international desk which will help you draft it.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtbqL-34MAz1zF3w8k4MXbpT4_ji

This is link to picture of the refusal reasons. I can't find an option to add photo from my local drive here.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm

acifali wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm

This is link to picture of the refusal reasons. I can't find an option to add photo from my local drive here.
1st : you’re going to study cyber security. They don’t offer in pakistan and i want to stop crime. Mate did they really interviewed you before giving you cas for cyber security msc.

2: you gonna find many refusals based on friends recommendation . The answer you should have giving should be start with faculty which u did and tell course modules in details.Friends recommendation lacks credibility.

3: Have you even done any research for cyber jobs. Soo many multinational companies in pakistan would offer you jobs with good salary. You should have named few companies.

It would be tough AR for you i’m afraid. Goodluck

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm
acifali wrote:

1st : you’re going to study cyber security. They don’t offer in pakistan and i want to stop crime. Mate did they really interviewed you before giving you cas for cyber security msc.

2: you gonna find many refusals based on friends recommendation . The answer you should have giving should be start with faculty which u did and tell course modules in details.Friends recommendation lacks credibility.

3: Have you even done any research for cyber jobs. Soo many multinational companies in pakistan would offer you jobs with good salary. You should have named few companies.

1) Well, for the first one. I did mention the modules in detail and how this chance differs from the platform already available to me online. (Why Cyber Security at Coventry)
Why UK because the one year degree program is more appealing to me despite initially doing research on Canada, where it's 2 years.

2) Again, I did mention 4/6 of the modules and specific interest in an optional-module. I mentioned varies techniques for keeping someone form hijacking unauthorized data (When he asked about my previous job).

3) I said I will be doing a feasibility study for establishing my own firm at the time. As a back-up option, I might go for joining some government enforcement agency.

While I do agree I do agree with the "friend one", the reason why I don't feel comfortable with the decision made. Those are few selected line printed here and not the complete answers I provided over the telephonic interview those supported my lines here. Do you still feel the same abou it?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:20 pm

acifali wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:36 pm
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm
acifali wrote:

1) Well, for the first one. I did mention the modules in detail and how this chance differs from the platform already available to me online. (Why Cyber Security at Coventry)
Why UK because the one year degree program is more appealing to me despite initially doing research on Canada, where it's 2 years.

2) Again, I did mention 4/6 of the modules and specific interest in an optional-module. I mentioned varies techniques for keeping someone form hijacking unauthorized data (When he asked about my previous job).

3) I said I will be doing a feasibility study for establishing my own firm at the time. As a back-up option, I might go for joining some government enforcement agency.

While I do agree I do agree with the "friend one", the reason why I don't feel comfortable with the decision made. Those are few selected line printed here and not the complete answers I provided over the telephonic interview those supported my lines here. Do you still feel the same abou it?
You need to talk to your sponsor who can ask for interview transcript and help you draft the AR.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Alright, thanks for your time and clarification of things. Can you please tell me one last thing, the review-form has to be hand-filled and then scanned? Also, is there any free for the AR? If yes, where do I find it? I appreciate your assistance.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:50 pm

There is no fee for AR if applied from outside UK.

I typed in my AR. This just looked more neat while still giving me more space to write. Just use a decent pdf viewer that will allow you to fill forms. Fill out your AR form using a computer, print it out, sign it and then scan it. Just send it to the email address provided on the refusal letter. You cannot send anything else with the AR. Only the evidence provided at the time of application will be reviewed again.

Best of luck mate

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks for the input bud, did your university assisted you in any way for the AR? Because, I don't have much time left in the appeal deadline and they are too slow to respond.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 pm

acifali wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 am
Thanks for the input bud, did your university assisted you in any way for the AR? Because, I don't have much time left in the appeal deadline and they are too slow to respond.
Nah I did it by myself. If you feel you have been wronged use the form to justify your case. In my case it was overturned alhamdullilah as I feel the guy reviewing it was just and agreed with my points.

Make sure you submit AR within time and not lose this chance. They answer all cases within 28 working days.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 am

Thanks a lot, that's quite motivating. I certain feel the decision isn't justified, I even discussed it with a couple consultants and they asked me to go for the AR.
I just have this last question. If the response to appeal is positive, will I have to go through the same procedure again? I mean the visa interview, building up the bank statement, providing my documents etc?

Peted
Brazil

Post by Peted » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi acifali.
Would you mind answering if they have already refunded you with the health surcharge? Or will tey hold it until the outcome of you AR is known?

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Hello Pete,
It's automatically refunded to the card you made the payment with. After a successful appeal or fresh application, you will have to pay the charges again. Hope it helps.

Peted
Brazil

Post by Peted » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Thanks for replying. So that means you already got your refund? That quick? Was it before or after you got your passport?

And have you decided whether you'll go for AR or fresh application?

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:59 pm

Sure mate. It's been 3 weeks since I got the refusal and my passport. I wouldn't call it quick. I got the refund within a week roughly after the refusal.I'm going for the AR, just waiting till the university gets me the Interview Transcript, that will be helpful.

Peted
Brazil

Post by Peted » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks. I'm asking you this because I have applied also. It's been more than a week that I got an e-mail saying a decision's been made, but I haven't received anything in the post yet (passport and a letter of approval or refusal). No refund from IHS yet either, so just was wondering if the nin-refund could be a good sign. However, from your case I see they only refund after the passport is returned to the holder, in case of a visa refusal.

I have read your letter of refusal, and it seems to me you have great chances to oveturn the initial decision, especially if you get some assistance from university on how to do it. I really hope you get what you want in the end because it sounds fair that you do.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks a lot Pete.
In that case, I believe you should give it sometime if you got an update email. The wishes are really thoughtful of you. I likewise, wise the best for you and that your decision comes out to be a positive surprise for you. Do update me here of your decision and if it isn't what you expect, it's always for the better. An experience that can help in future. I'm hopeful for us both. Good luck brother.

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:23 am

Brother did you receive any reply from them yet?
I was refused based on my the reasons as you were. Submitted my AR few days ago and Im stressing the f*** out.

acifali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by acifali » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello Joey,

To be honest, I haven't yet submitted my AR. I needed to gather as much information as I can so that I can write a convincing appeal. I thought the Interview Transcript will help me quote my exact words to support the reasons they have listed on the refusal but univeristy hasn't yet responded. I will go for AR on Monday because there're only 4 days left.

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:07 pm

hope you have written down the main bulk of your AR and just edit a bit after receiving the transcript. My transcript had almost the exact things as given in the refusal letter. Goodluck bro !