ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application - My name on documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 application - My name on documents

Post by Deepakkashyap » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 pm

I have been offered a job by my employer in the UK. In my educatinal documents my name is mentioned as Deepak however in my passport and other identities I got my surname added. I also have my previous passport with my name as Deepak only. My question, would there be any issue in my application due to this mismatch? If yes, what is the next step to resolve this?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 application - My name on documents

Post by iworker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:54 am

IMO, i dont think it will be a problem.
Also u do not need to submit your educational docs for visa process, unless you are relying on it to certify english requirement.. for which u will also need naric.

deepakkalra5
BANNED
Mood:

Post by deepakkalra5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am

iworker you rock man. Thank you for all your help here. may i ask you a question? are you an immigration lawyer by profession? i am just asking because you and CR001 gave me excellent advice and am wondering if you two are lawyers or this wealth of knowledge comes from experience?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

deepakkalra5 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am
iworker you rock man. Thank you for all your help here. may i ask you a question? are you an immigration lawyer by profession? i am just asking because you and CR001 gave me excellent advice and am wondering if you two are lawyers or this wealth of knowledge comes from experience?
Neither of us are lawyers and even if we were, we would not be permitted to post confirmation that we are etc on the forum. Experience from going through the immigration journey, learning the rules and trying to help others :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

deepakkalra5
BANNED
Mood:

Post by deepakkalra5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am

aww thanks to you CR001 too. I wouldnt be surprised if you two are real life ECOs helping others incognito. Its hard to believe that someone can acquire this wealth of information by just going through guidlines. in some cases you two are quoting obscure rules and regulations which is amazing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 am

deepakkalra5 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am
I wouldnt be surprised if you two are real life ECOs helping others incognito. Its hard to believe that someone can acquire this wealth of information by just going through guidlines. in some cases you two are quoting obscure rules and regulations which is amazing.
Nope not incognito ECO's either :lol:

Time, effort and dedication is what it takes, plus the will to help others through the mindfield of HO immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deepakkashyap » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for your help. I have been asked to submit my educational docs for naric. Do you know if distance MBA from manipal university qualify? i am also persuing my certification from GARP not sure if that can also be added. It is not completed yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Only completed degrees can be assessed. You will need to send it in and see, I cannot tell you if it will qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deepakkashyap » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for all your help. My employer is one of A rated in the UK, would there be any benefit I will be getting in tier 2 general? I am very scared about the VISA process although I have been assigned a solicitor by my employer.

Deepakkashyap
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deepakkashyap » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 am

I got a response from NARIC regarding my MBA distance education from SMU that it us equal to a Master Degree in the UK and english level is C1. I hope this is sufficient for my Tier 2 general visa. Rest 60 points have been covered by my employer already.