ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Qizer
Newly Registered

Re: delay in ILR Application

Post by Qizer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:25 am

Update 2: I've requested MP office to contact HO in July 2017, Letter was sent but no response so they phoned HO in July and HO responded with standard answer that due to complexity in applicants file we have not made a decision yet and they are still working on the case and didn't confirmed any timeline on which they may make a decision hence the indirect answer is to keep waiting and suffering.

Update 3: 24Aug-2017 HO sent a letter to submit pre amended and post amended SA302 for the Yr 2010-11, 12, 13 and it should reach them by 30Aug. (btw Hmrc takes upto 14days to send the copies when requested) Anyways I had the copies of 302 so I've sent it on 29Aug but I haven't heard anything till now.

I've already sent them all of these documents in March2017 with the Questionnaire and HO have access to Hmrc but they are still asking it repeatedly after months of waiting so I don't see any reasonable logic behind it other than incompetence in dealing with cases. I'm qualified for 10Yrs LR and thinking to go on a same day Premium Service but unable to make up my mind due to these letters coming from HO after every 2 months requesting tax documents, holiday letter. I was hopeful to get a response after submitting all the documents but unfortunately it didn't happen. Please advise if it would be a better option to vary application from ILR Set(O) to Set (LR).
Thanks

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Qizer,

Same with my application. Applied in April 2016. had amendments for 2010-2011.
received and sent questionnaire in March 2017.

received letter from home office last week to send SA302 for 2010-2011. with pre amendments and post amendments.

sent it back on Friday. waiting for the response.

god know when this wait ends.

realname
Newly Registered

Post by realname » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 am

tom.draper / Qizer have you heard anything after providing SA302.

Update:
I applied by post on 16 June 2016 (Current ILR application just on employment)

(Previous both applications for tier1 were employment + Self-employment - Amended tax for 2010 application and paid in full before applying for ILR)

Biometrics done: 10 July 2016

Received a letter in late November 2016 asking why I didn't apply for my son - replied saying he is born in UK

Received an email & letter in December 2016 asking to attend interview - Given interview in late December 2016

Received letter last week from case worker to provide SA302 showing pre and post amendment of tax. Replied same day.

I hope his is the last thing that they want to verify. Will update if I receive any reply.

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 am

No reply yet..still waiting.

fatikam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fatikam » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:29 am

i also submitted the sa302s two weeks back. now they have asked for the notice of amended assessment letters which the hmrc had sent to me. any update for the rest of you who gave their sa302s.

Yashpal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yashpal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:36 pm

realname wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 am

Update:

(Previous both applications for tier1 were employment + Self-employment - Amended tax for 2010 application and paid in full before applying for ILR)

Received a letter in late November 2016 asking why I didn't apply for my son - replied saying he is born in UK

Received an email & letter in December 2016 asking to attend interview - Given interview in late December 2016

Received letter last week from case worker to provide SA302 showing pre and post amendment of tax. Replied same day.

I hope his is the last thing that they want to verify. Will update if I receive any reply.

I have same case.

First Application 2011 applied for T1G
salary+salary+self employment ( Wrong tax calculation)( revised Tax amount in January 2016, HMRC Confirmed on 3rd May for acceptance of Amendments requested )

Extension: 2013 salary + self employment (37K total shown to HO in March 2013 before Tax year ends) (declared 35.5k to HMRC as after deducting any expenses which were left till 4th April)

ILR : 4th May 2016 - Sent ILR application by Post based on full salary from 1 job only.

- 25may bio metric letter revived, 28th May bio-metric done
- 15 june HO letter arrived stating my case will take long compare to other since its complicated. bla
bla bla
- August end we received letter letter from HO informing that I will be required to called for an interview
- 13th September interview taken
- till date NO answer

Chased through MP once in June 2017 and they write same to him , His case is completed and will take it long, thats what my MP told me.

chased MP again three weeks ago and he said he will ask HO again but since then I have not hear from him and its been over two weeks since i received his letter informing that he will contact HO and also asked me log a complain in Home office department of complain.

I am really curious to know what is your current status? have you hear back anything from them?

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi
I am receving monthly update from my MP when he contact UKVI with same message every time no time frame complex issues need to check other departments. And give one month time for next update.
Online update is last updated on 25 May 2017 ‘decision awaiting’
Edited by moderator : Kindly request permission from the moderating team if you wish to post a petition. This is to avoid many of the same petitions being flooded onto the fourm.

tom.draper

Post by tom.draper » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi yashpal,

I have received refusal. UKVI has imposed 322(5) on me

below is the link to the details of my case.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-refused- ... l#p1542222

harben
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harben » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi All,

I think we should unite and take some action rather than killing ourselves silently. I think we all are in the same situation, our lives stuck actually we can't change our jobs if we want to. Like in my case now my son starts going to nursery and we both I and my wife are working but dues to changes in circumstances my wife have to change her job, but she can't.

I just want to ask one question "where is human rights now in this case? we all stuck just because HO is not giving any kind of answer".

Carwan10
Newly Registered

Post by Carwan10 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:29 pm

realname wrote:

Update:

Hi Real,

Have u receive anything from HO after that
Pls update?

Thanks

realname
Newly Registered

Post by realname » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 am

Carwan10 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:29 pm
realname wrote:

Update:

Hi Real,

Have u receive anything from HO after that
Pls update?

Thanks
Hi Carwan,

I haven't heard anything after sending SA302. Will post once I hear anything back from HO.

Thanks

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Post by harimyfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

There is an article on BuzzFeed news (published 10 October) by Alex Spence about the Immigration backlog. I suggest that you guys read the article. I have emailed the writer explaining my situation and I strongly urge you guys to do so. This issue needs to get more media attention and that’s the only way we're going to find a solution. I have been waiting for 1.5 years and this needs to stop!

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I strongly recommend all those people waiting over a year to ask your employers to write to the HO and get visa status updates. We should create as much pressure as possible on the HO, when employers start writing it would show that British businesses are struggling and suffering because of the incompetence of the HO.

It is wise to say that the current BBC investigation and the mode of the British people is not in favour of the HO and we should capitalize on it. My application has been in process over 7 months now and I'm knocking every door I can.

I hope our misery is resolved quickly. Best of luck

Regards,
SALEEM

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi all
Joke of the day after more then one and half year waiting for my ILR applition today received the latter from UKVI
IN which they said sorry not able to process your applition within 6 months and they will try to process as soon as possibile.
Don’t know why they need to inform now :oops:

ginupkr
Newly Registered
India

Post by ginupkr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi folks - I'm very much in the same boat as many of you..

ILR Date applied: June 2016. Received first Intimation from UKVI in Dec'16 - that they are waiting for other Govt agency to verify some of the information and decision will fall outside six months SLA. Got the local MP Involved at 9th month to expedite the case. Received Self Employment Questionnaire in March, which was duely filled and returned back in a weeks time.

After several follow up, MP Office received an update May'17 that UKVI is unable to provide a timescale and has advised to withdraw the application should the applicant wish to travel. That sounded really in appropriate and impractical proposition to me after waiting close to an year. This would involve forfeiting my huge application fees (c£6k)- paying them twice, losing out on over 1 years waiting time and making a fresh application to start the meter all over again.

No updates for next 2 months thought of raising compliant with the UKVI Complaints Department to understand what is stopping them to arrive at a decision. Response came back on Aug saying 'very sorry that there is a delay and I cannot provide a timescale at this time and the department will contact you once they are in a position to do so'. Lately I even tried Premium Upgrade to allow faster consideration but the request wasn't successful.

Now this is 17th month in waiting, the remaining option is to raise a compliant with Parliamentary Ombudsman or raise a collective petition to involve Adjudicator's Office or the Independent Case Examiner (ICE) to assess the delay. I'm sensing it could be 'incompetence of the department to make timely decision' or 'other govt agencies inefficiency causing massive delay at HO'. Either way, 3 times SLA wait time levied on the applicant certainly justify an inquiry from the authorities who pays them their wages and allowed the dept to collect this astronomical fees.

I seriously doubt, zero accountability and lack of transparency is working out to be the best ambush for the thumb twiddlers in some dept. This needs to stop!!

I'm meeting a solicitor this week to discuss the options.

Regards, Ginu.

Kent1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Kent1234 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi Ginu,

Hopefully you will get positive response soon. However HO got cold hearted now a days. They just do not care about applicants (mostly applicants residing here from years ) or do not care that how long applicants are waiting since on their IlR decision. Reality is, HO is looking for any exuse to refuse ILR which is there current priority to cut down on immigration as per government policies ( shame). You known your ILR case better, so if you think it wasn't straight forward e.g. Tax issues etc. then donot wait for HO to decide. Get solicitor or barrister help and involve them straight away. HO can take unlimited time and still there is no surity that they will approve ilr or not, that's why face them from front using your options. Report your circumstances to your local borough newspaper (most newspapers publish stories for free if it's a common issue and raise human rights concerns ).

Wish you good luck!

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 am

Hi Ginu,

I totally agree with Kent1234 on the above to involve your local media, get as such attention and make as much noise as possible. You have nothing to lose in that, you should complain to the parliament ombudsman and get your employer involved also.

They have violated your human rights, this is a form of torture by not been able to travel and they should be held accountable. best of luck

Qizer
Newly Registered

Post by Qizer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Still no update unfortunately. Planning to vary application to SET(LR) basis.

There was a news article recently about HO delays, hopefully most of you guys may have a read it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41096675

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Post by harimyfriend » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Qizer wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:06 pm
Still no update unfortunately. Planning to vary application to SET(LR) basis.

There was a news article recently about HO delays, hopefully most of you guys may have a read it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41096675
Hi Qizer,

Just be mindful that there is absolutely no guarantee that changing to SET(LR) is going to speed up the process. If anything it might start the whole process from scratch and put you to the back of the queue!

Good luck anyway!

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Why can't we start a petition and make noise as much as we can and we should also request admin to start a new thread where we all can join and raise our voices.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Party Rocker wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:47 pm
Why can't we start a petition and make noise as much as we can and we should also request admin to start a new thread where we all can join and raise our voices.
Many petitions have been done and made not one bit of difference. The forum also cannot and will not be used or party to a topic which will become a 'mob rule' and 'uprising' whinging fest which is difficult to moderate and quickly descends into chaos.

If you want to raise your collective voices in anger/protest etc, you will need to find another outlet to do so or follow the HO complaints/grievance procedure.

This is besides the fact that you only varied your T1E application to ILR LR two days ago on Monday, 16th October, so not sure why you are complaining about 'delay in ILR application' yet? :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Dear Cr001
I am not complaining or moaning for myself as you said i have only varied my application 2 days ago. I was only saying it beacuse of the trouble and pain people are facing and i have only given my openion rest is in yours hand and so as the other moderator and senior members.

london2007
Newly Registered

Post by london2007 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:16 am

hi all,

I am waiting since March-16....

Kent1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Kent1234 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 am

@London2017

When and what was ur last communication with HO? (Either via email or letter)

Did u amend any past year tax or any other thing which maje ur ILR application complex etc?

Thanks.

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Post by harimyfriend » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello all, after 18 months of mental torture, I received refusal letter today stating 322(5) and 245CD(b) as grounds of refusal. The 6-page cover letter I submitted with my application explaining the reasons for my tax amendments have been completely ignored. It is a real shame that due to a few dishonest people I am having to pay the hefty price with my 10 years of life in the UK.