ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address change while expecting decision

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mce82
Newly Registered

Address change while expecting decision

Post by mce82 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 am

Hello,

I am expecting a decision on my citizenship anytime now (early June application), I've updated my home address at: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ as I am moving in next few days.

At the end of the process, there was mentioning of "confirmation email". I've received no confirmation email. Has anyone else had the same experience? How do I know that HO successfully changed my address? Is there any way I can contact them and validate the address to where the decision letter is to be send once decision is made?

What worries me, is that you have 21 days to arrange ceremony, ONCE the letter is sent out. I can't set-up a redirection where I live as the only thing I have is a lease contract (not accepted by RM), but no bills or statement on this address (secondary-work home).

What's best to do?

Thanks!

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Address change while expecting decision

Post by bruteforce » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am

Write to them with your new address by recorded delivery and also email them and you should be fine. They have not made a decision yet so you should be fine.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:23 am

I think they will be sending you a confirmation email once they have processed the request. I wouldn’t worry much at this stage.

mce82
Newly Registered

Post by mce82 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Well this is awkward.

I did in the end get an email confirmation that my details are to be updated soon...but

I updated HO address on 18th (takes 72 h), I've checked HO website for status on 19th and it's changed to DECIDED with effective date of 17th Oct.

I won't have access to the old property from 20th (tomorrow) and I can not set-up a redirection. I could potentially keep keys over the weekend...

Apart from 10 day working days rule for receiving a letter, has anyone recieved letter much faster? Is there any hope for friday/saturday?

Grrr.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:05 am

mce82 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 am
I can't set-up a redirection where I live as the only thing I have is a lease contract (not accepted by RM), but no bills or statement on this address (secondary-work home).
This should not be a problem. I have done several redirections and never had to send in a rental, lease or purchase agreement - they don't work that way.

Just set it up - it will save you a lot of anguish in the long run.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

mce82
Newly Registered

Post by mce82 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:37 am

mulderpf wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:05 am
mce82 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 am
I can't set-up a redirection where I live as the only thing I have is a lease contract (not accepted by RM), but no bills or statement on this address (secondary-work home).
This should not be a problem. I have done several redirections and never had to send in a rental, lease or purchase agreement - they don't work that way.

Just set it up - it will save you a lot of anguish in the long run.
The problem is, I CAN NOT set-it up. I tried RM refused it online - not something I've seen before myself. I would have to visit RM office and prove two utility bills (I only have ONE, council tax, living in a key staff accommodation where everything is paid for, all my banking business etc is registred on my own home 300 miles away, which is not the address HO is corresponding to...).

jimmux
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jimmux » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:46 am

I hope this is an appropriate place to jump in with a related question.

I also need to update my address, but that address update service says it is only for applications made within the UK.

I have spent the past few days communicating with various contacts that keep trying to pass me off to someone else. They say they only work for applications within the UK, so I use contacts for external enquiries and they say that citizenship matters are dealt with by the internal teams. Back and forth.

Can someone suggest who might actually be able to help me update my address from outside the UK? Any lead is appreciated at this point, I've exhausted every possibility found so far.