ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR - salary increase not notified

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iforilr
inactive
India

Tier 2 ILR - salary increase not notified

Post by iforilr » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 am

Hi

I am exactly at the same position. Can you please let me know how did your ILR application went, Hope you got it! Please share your experience as I am eligible for ILR on being at tier 2 for 5 years.

NOTE :-
I am applying for ILR on Dec 2017

My Story :-

I got my Tier 2 extension on Feb 2016 and my salary at the time of extension is £32,000. Once after that I got an Annual pay rise (ie company ride) of 2,500 which took me to £34,500.

And then early this year my company splitted pay rise to 2 stages(because of new rules from our parent com
pany) one at march 2017 I got a raise of 1000 pounds which took me to £35,400 and then around July I got another 1000 pounds which took me to £36,450 that's what I am on now.

Similar to your case My HR did not update payrise in SMS since its an annual increment. But my solicitor wanted me to push HR to update the salary. I am confused now, what is the safer approach. Because if they change now it would jump from £32,000 to £36,450 in SMS but that's not true as my pay was gradually increased each year. My instinct tells me to go with what I have and Don't push HR n changing salary in SMS as I am assuming that it might cause further confusions. May be thinking of getting a letter from HR stating that the raise is part of annual increment.

Please help, your experience will really really help my case. Looking forward for your reply.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 ILR - salary increase not notified

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 am

if i were u, i would leave it like that. dont update the system.

iforilr
inactive
India

Post by iforilr » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks a lot for your reply @iworker .

Do you think is it Okay to get a letter from HR explaining the gradual payrise each year or just leave it like that as it might backfire on the company on why they didn't update SMS.

Secondly, should I be prepared with answers from Case worker, would I be thrown into investigation or would be there be any hold in my application because of this.

I can confirm I have all the other documents handy like payslips, bank statements, Employment letter, P60'S,
Letter of absence from employer and my current salary is 36,450 since July 2017

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:21 pm

I would say take along all the docs with u, submit previous p60s and take bank statement and payslips for april onwards.

oscarok
Newly Registered

Post by oscarok » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:42 pm

iforilr wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 am
Hi

I am exactly at the same position. Can you please let me know how did your ILR application went, Hope you got it! Please share your experience as I am eligible for ILR on being at tier 2 for 5 years.

NOTE :-
I am applying for ILR on Dec 2017

My Story :-

I got my Tier 2 extension on Feb 2016 and my salary at the time of extension is £32,000. Once after that I got an Annual pay rise (ie company ride) of 2,500 which took me to £34,500.

And then early this year my company splitted pay rise to 2 stages(because of new rules from our parent com
pany) one at march 2017 I got a raise of 1000 pounds which took me to £35,400 and then around July I got another 1000 pounds which took me to £36,450 that's what I am on now.

Similar to your case My HR did not update payrise in SMS since its an annual increment. But my solicitor wanted me to push HR to update the salary. I am confused now, what is the safer approach. Because if they change now it would jump from £32,000 to £36,450 in SMS but that's not true as my pay was gradually increased each year. My instinct tells me to go with what I have and Don't push HR n changing salary in SMS as I am assuming that it might cause further confusions. May be thinking of getting a letter from HR stating that the raise is part of annual increment.

Please help, your experience will really really help my case. Looking forward for your reply.
Hi mate, have you made your application? How did you deal with it? I wish you have got the ILR.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:17 pm

hi

Did you apply without reporting to the SMS. Whether or not, what was the outcome of your application. Please share.

Thank you