ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruitment Agencies don't like TIER2 visas

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pswtotier2

Recruitment Agencies don't like TIER2 visas

Post by pswtotier2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Dear Folks,

I am going through very difficult time in my job hunting, because of my visa status. most of the agents about 90% of them don’t want to continue my application process further after I say my visa status as TIER2 general.

Some time I did say lies that I am in Tier 1 general to move forward my application.

Please advise me based on your past experiences how to overcome this? If I say lies it will put myself into bad position so I don’t want to say lies.

One of my friends told me that agents put me under the blacklist as soon as I tell that i am on Tier2. And they never ever call me back!

Please share your experiences

Thanks

tier2user
Newly Registered

that is the fact

Post by tier2user » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 am

Hello, best thing you can do is keep trying till you find a contract who can take tier 2 visa resources. see when you are on tier2, you cannot be without job and company who sponsored you should provide the opportunity to work with their clients.

I would suggest to anyone who have a good career in any place other than UK should not spoil their career by moving on tier 2, if a sponsor is not able to find a job for the resources for which they have sponsored. Initially sponsors say that you can try a contract job on your own, that is very wrong. Do not fall for that. Even the important rule says Tier2 visa holders cannot work contract jobs. Find the below one

You are only allowed to assign a CoS if it is clear that you have full responsibility for deciding the duties, functions and outcomes or outputs of the job. Where the sponsored migrant is carrying out work for a third party on your behalf, they must be contracted by you to provide a time-bound service or deliver a time-bound project on your behalf. This means a service or project which has a specific end date after which it will have ended or the service provided will no longer be operated by you or anyone else. They must not be:

a) agency workers, regardless of any contract between you and any employment agency or employment business

b) contracted to undertake an ongoing routine role or provide an ongoing routine service for the third party, regardless of the length of any contract between you and any other party

which clearly means a no go for contract jobs.
Last edited by tier2user on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Perhaps you can improve this by working on the impression you make - your CV and your English. I'm in the same situation visa-wise and I almost never get asked about this.

Or if you're ready to go permanent and switch sponsors, you may want to try job sites that let you search for sponsoring employers, such as JobServe.

Such4
Newly Registered

Re: Recruitment Agencies don't like TIER2 visas

Post by Such4 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:00 pm

All of your answers much appriciated!!

But i really need your help if anyone can provide name of some recruitment agencies who gives contract work on tier 2 general visa..
I have got sponsorship from an umbrella company in IT. But all this conversation makes me feel scared about my future..is it really difficult to get the contracts.?
Any help will be appriciated.
Thnx

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Thu May 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Yes, it does seem to be difficult at present. Wasn't so difficult a few years ago for some reason. Generally the larger agencies are more difficult. What you can always do is also look for permanent positions that offer Tier 2 sposnorship. They are easier to find than many people think.

ramindia

Post by ramindia » Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi

its very difficult now a days to get job, if you hold TIER2 Visa, so i will recommend people aware of this situation.
and act accordingly.

until you are sure and make some ground work before you move to UK with Tier2 Visa, other wise its tough call..

and be aware of fake agencies and fake recruit callers

mimanchee
Newly Registered

Post by mimanchee » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 am

I'm an experienced recruitment agent and I used to be a non-EU worker in the UK on a visa myself so I can give you some objective advice on this. Yes recruitment agents are usually put off by candidates on Tier 2 visa for the following reasons:

- Their customers are unable to sponsor non-EU employees (whether they want to or not, it's just not legally possible)
- The agency itself is unable to sponsor non-EU employees (whether they want to or not, it's just not legally possible)
- It takes too long and too uncertain to proceed with a non-EU candidates. We have the pressure (from our bosses and our customers) to deliver and imagine you go through a 3-6 month interview process, then wait for another 3-6 months for a decision on the visa, imagine if your visa/sponsorship application is declined, that can lead to 1 year time wasted, 1 year behind on customer schedule, this can have an effect on monetary value as the customer may lose a contract from their customer due to lack of staff while waiting for you. Recruiters can lose a customer over this. The risk is too high for recruiters.

A few things you can do to help the situation:
- Make your skills more niche, you'll have a better case to be sponsored
- Apply to Tier 1 if you meet the criteria before moving jobs
- Don't move job, you have a company who is sponsoring you, that's great news itself. Stick it out for 5 years then move after you got ILR.
- Don't lie and say you're on Tier 1, because even when you get to the offer stage and they really want you, they still can't take you on because you're not legally allowed to work for that new company.

Sorry to be very blunt about this but that's the reality. Hope it helps.

Ali_k
Newly Registered

Post by Ali_k » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am

Hi everyone, I have got 6 months to find graduate web developer role after my masters. I have been searching for 4 months and I can't graduate web developer roles. Any idea on how can I find a graduate role that provides me Tier 2 sponsorship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 am

Ali_k wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am
Hi everyone, I have got 6 months to find graduate web developer role after my masters. I have been searching for 4 months and I can't graduate web developer roles. Any idea on how can I find a graduate role that provides me Tier 2 sponsorship?
Have you looked through the tier 2 sponsor list? Attended any employment milk rounds at your university?? Career fairs and exhibitions?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pinoy_possum
Newly Registered

Post by pinoy_possum » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 am

Any suggestions or list of credible recruitment agency in UK or London?

I am planning to move in the UK as soon as my passport has been released. Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks!

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 am

pinoy_possum wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 am
Any suggestions or list of credible recruitment agency in UK or London?

I am planning to move in the UK as soon as my passport has been released. Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks!
Under the Board Ts&Cs, members aren't permitted to post recommendations on the open forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ken Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Ken Patel » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 am

Ali_k wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am
Hi,
Have you had any luck with this, I myself am looking for more information on this.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Have you tried seeking help from workpermit.com which I believe is running this immigrationboards.com?