ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Shaolin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm

luckystar786 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm
hi
same here status changed to decied on 6th oct .but did not receive anything yet ...i hope we will receive the letter by end of this week......
I hope mine is not one of those cases where the application is still under processing and online status changed to 'Decided' :lol: .
I have read on the forum about few people experiencing this but haven't got the link to their posts.

Duke78
Newly Registered

Post by Duke78 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi Dear friends
I told you I will keep you posted. My approval letter was received by my solicitor today and it was a success. I wish and pray success for you all. So my case was decided exactly in 8 weeks and the letter of approval was also received within the time limit specified on the online tracker.

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Guys !!!
My online status changed to "Decided" on 7th October. Approval letter is supposed to come in 10 working days. I am still waiting for it. I have few questions:-

1) The approval letter is supposed to come by Royal Mail normal post or any special post with signature required or some courier service like DX ?

2) Council will send letter automatically (like I am reading in some cases) or only after receiving letter can we online book thru Council website !!

3) In case letter doesn't come even after 15 days, what is the best way to contact? Phone number? Email?

Thank you very much and Good Luck to Everybody. Cheers !!!

baddy

Post by baddy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Duke78 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 pm
Hi Dear friends
I told you I will keep you posted. My approval letter was received by my solicitor today and it was a success. I wish and pray success for you all. So my case was decided exactly in 8 weeks and the letter of approval was also received within the time limit specified on the online tracker.
Congrats. That is a good news.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

takdeerwala wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm
Hi Guys !!!
My online status changed to "Decided" on 7th October. Approval letter is supposed to come in 10 working days. I am still waiting for it. Well it isn't 10 working days yet is it??

I have few questions:-

1) The approval letter is supposed to come by Royal Mail normal post or any special post with signature required or some courier service like DX ? Approval letter comes Royal Mail 2nd class post, standard A5 brown envelope (looks a bit like junkmail).

2) Council will send letter automatically (like I am reading in some cases) or only after receiving letter can we online book thru Council website !! Yes, IF you don't receive a combined approval/invite letter from HO (yes there is such a combined letter).

3) In case letter doesn't come even after 15 days, what is the best way to contact? Phone number? Email? Call the Council and ask if they have received anything for you.

Thank you very much and Good Luck to Everybody. Cheers !!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smallstew
Newly Registered

Post by Smallstew » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 am

Duke78 A big CONGRATULATION to you.If you recall ny earlier post i did hint that the actual turn arround time is usually in the region of 2 months, before all these Brexit chaos. SO they know they can't mess up with someone like you(A Doctor). There was this Army guy somewhere in this forum who got his application also decided in a very short time.So this may give ithers a hint of how they approach some applications.Congrats again.

luckystar786
Newly Registered

Post by luckystar786 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 am

Shaolin wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm
luckystar786 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm
hi
same here status changed to decied on 6th oct .but did not receive anything yet ...i hope we will receive the letter by end of this week......
I hope mine is not one of those cases where the application is still under processing and online status changed to 'Decided' :lol: .
I have read on the forum about few people experiencing this but haven't got the link to their posts.
i received approval letter today .good luck every one

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm

My wifes application changed to decided today 19th of October, 2017 around 15:00 hours.
It took exactly 4 months from 17th of June submission.
All glory to God. Waiting for approval letter, invitation for ceremony and passport now.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Hurray!!!

Yevgeniy Orloff
Newly Registered

Post by Yevgeniy Orloff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 am

Applied on 17th May 2017, and my status is still "Awaiting Decision". I'm getting very £%#@!
Wrote a letter to Home Office yesterday, got a generic reply of "It's been less than 6 months so sod off"
Did anyone else apply around the same time?
Did anyone had to wait more than 6 months? (The longest waiting time I saw was 5.5 months)

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 am

Yevgeniy Orloff wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 am
Applied on 17th May 2017, and my status is still "Awaiting Decision". I'm getting very £%#@!
Wrote a letter to Home Office yesterday, got a generic reply of "It's been less than 6 months so sod off"
Did anyone had to wait more than 6 months? (The longest waiting time I saw was 5.5 months)
yes, i too applied same time and no change in the status.... :cry: :cry:
I did also tried calling and they mentioned wait for another month(i.e. 6 months) and if you still don't receive, then give us a call back..
This is really frustrating and really helpless...

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 am

navinw wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 am
Yevgeniy Orloff wrote:
I did also tried calling and they mentioned wait for another month(i.e. 6 months) and if you still don't receive, then give us a call back..
I have today seen an application from very late August this year being approved. Mine was 10 July and still awaiting decision. I am really worried-my referee's haven't been rung yet-are they always rung?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:25 am

kirkerj wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 am
navinw wrote:
Yevgeniy Orloff wrote:
I have today seen an application from very late August this year being approved. Mine was 10 July and still awaiting decision. I am really worried-my referee's haven't been rung yet-are they always rung?
Referees are not contacted very often.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:25 am
kirkerj wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 am
navinw wrote:
Yevgeniy Orloff wrote:
Referees are not contacted very often.
Thank you so much for answering that, I feel much better now!

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:41 am

Hi Guys,
Application dated 18th May.
Got the status changed to "Decided" on 7th October. Letter supposed to come in 10 working days. Alas 10 working days have passed-no sign of the letter. I am wondering whether someone is still waiting for letter whose status changed to Decided on 7th or before that date.

Also a big Thanks to CR001 for a prompt and detailed reply to my earlier query. Cheers !!

T400
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by T400 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:28 am

Hi,

I made my application on the same day 17.05.2017.
Still no change in status which is AWAITING DECISION from 30 May 2017

Called them and same answer was given...6 months has not lapsed yet so call us later.

Not sure what is going on but seems like 17&18 May application are getting delayed for some unexplained reason. It's just very annoying that we can't do anything to check the progress of the application process.

People who applied in June have their decisions now...

3 more weeks and then I can call and write...and wait again.
Doesn't look like I'm getting passport this year.

Thanks for all the info.

T400
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by T400 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 am

Just checked again after posting my cry...and Application status updated on 18 October 2017 -> DECIDED

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 am

T400 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 am
Just checked again after posting my cry...and Application status updated on 18 October 2017 -> DECIDED
Great....congrats

Mine still pending , applied on 18 May......but no feedback....really frustrating :cry:
when did the status changed ?

T400
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by T400 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 am

My Status changed today between 11:00 and 12:30.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm

wow! it seems applicants who applied in Aug and Sept 17 are now getting their decisions.

And many from May/June are waiting, Now July's turn

msm86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by msm86 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi guys,
I am getting really concerned now. I applied on 19th May and I believed my situation was very straight-forward. I am Italian and Brazilian. Do you think is because of that? (like having a third citizenship).

thanks

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:57 pm

argus7 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm
wow! it seems applicants who applied in Aug and Sept 17 are now getting their decisions.

I hope you're right as I applied 10 July and its been awaiting decision since 17 July. It looks quite erratic who is getting decisions and who isn't, I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to it other than luck. It is quite disheartening when you see one from September approved ahead of you-it makes me worry there's something wrong with my application

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 pm

msm86 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:34 pm
Hi guys,
I am getting really concerned now. I applied on 19th May and I believed my situation was very straight-forward. I am Italian and Brazilian. Do you think is because of that? (like having a third citizenship).

thanks
Hi there,

I am also Italian and I have applied on 29/08, done biometrics straightaway and waiting still. Unlike you I don't have a Brazilian or non-EU citizenship, but you have not said if you were born Brazilian or Italian or Dual citizen.

msm86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by msm86 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes, I said. I was born in Brazil and my mother is Italian. Therefore I have both citizenships. I read the UK is fine with triple-citizenship.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:57 pm
argus7 wrote:

I hope you're right as I applied 10 July and its been awaiting decision since 17 July. It looks quite erratic who is getting decisions and who isn't, I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to it other than luck. It is quite disheartening when you see one from September approved ahead of you-it makes me worry there's something wrong with my application
I wouldnt worry, Also bear that in mind the SLA is 6 months, so it can take 4 months or 2 months. if further delays HO generally write.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:34 pm

argus7 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:57 pm
argus7 wrote:

I wouldnt worry, Also bear that in mind the SLA is 6 months, so it can take 4 months or 2 months. if further delays HO generally write.
I will try not to. It just doesn't seem fair as they don't seem to process in any order despite saying they do. They would be better off saying nothing.