ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Swedish Work Permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tina_44
Newly Registered

About Swedish Work Permit

Post by tina_44 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi Everybody.

I would like to know if a swedish work permit leads to a permant residence permit like uk one does in UK. If so, After how many years of having it?.

Thanks a lot for your asnwer. :?:

Quantum
Newly Registered

Post by Quantum » Wed May 11, 2005 2:25 pm

Unfortunately I can't help with your question, but I am interested in Sweden as well.

It seems most countries require that you have either a job offer from a company which will certify that no EU citizen can be found for the job, or that you have a family member in the destination country.

My experience is that it is next to impossible to secure a job offer remotely, even though I am an American of Swedish descent, with MBA in commercial real estate development, and 19 years' experience in same. Getting a job like the ones I'm well-qualified for requires networking and contacts, which simply can't be done overseas.

This being the case, here in Texas I started a wireless networking development company, to extend broadband internet to un-served areas with novel methods and technology. I would bring this to Sweden, since it's unlikely I'd be hired by an employer, and would probably do much better financially on my own anyway.

However most of my fortune was taken by the stock market in the tech crash, and so would not qualify under entrepreneurial status. (i.e. having the means to support my company for at least a year) True, it appears that this is the case, but my cost structure is significantly lower than the norm.

This in mind, is there any avenue for an American to emigrate to Sweden, in these circumstances?

Any ex-pat-in-Sweden resources?