ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mikmoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Mikmoo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years on tier 2 and 1yr ILR
Language criteria met: Masters from UK and Life in UK
Nationality: Non Eu
Method of application: JCAP
Date of application: 16/05/2017
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 29/05/2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 01/06/2017
Biometrics done: 01:06/2017
Date of approval: decided on 9th of October appeared today at 12 o clock.
Date of ceremony:finallyyyyy received letter from council to book ceremony but still waiting for letter from Home office. Is it ok to receive the letter from council first and shall call Home office as I have not received any letter from them yet ...
Date applied for passports: 16/05/2017 (JCAP)
Date passports received:

Yevgeniy Orloff
Newly Registered

Post by Yevgeniy Orloff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 pm

UNBELIEVABLE !!! :D
I came from lunch and checked the status once again and it showed DECIDED!!! :lol:
It says that the decision was made on the 18th October and that a letter should arrive within 10 working days. Hopefully, it says APPROVED! :P
GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLICANTS!!! :) :!:
CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:25 am
kirkerj wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 am
navinw wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 am
Yevgeniy Orloff wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 am
Applied on 17th May 2017, and my status is still "Awaiting Decision". I'm getting very £%#@!
Wrote a letter to Home Office yesterday, got a generic reply of "It's been less than 6 months so sod off"
Did anyone else apply around the same time?
Did anyone had to wait more than 6 months? (The longest waiting time I saw was 5.5 months)
yes, i too applied same time and no change in the status....
I did also tried calling and they mentioned wait for another month(i.e. 6 months) and if you still don't receive, then give us a call back..
This is really frustrating and really helpless...
I have today seen an application from very late August this year being approved. Mine was 10 July and still awaiting decision. I am really worried-my referee's haven't been rung yet-are they always rung?
Referees are not contacted very often.

Amyjane
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Amyjane » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:50 am

Hi guys, so finally received my approval letter and ceremony booked for next month.....i can finally celebrate....for thoes still waiting don't give up.....u'd get yours soon.😁😉😉😉😉

jaffeling
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by jaffeling » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:41 am

submitted my application online on 19 sep, submitted document and biometric information to visa office on 4 oct, until now, i could not get my status online with neither application id (GWFxxx) nor nhs number (IHSxxx)

so confused with the online service

ps. i'm an IT guy, and really upset with this online IT service ;)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:22 pm

jaffeling wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:41 am
ps. i'm an IT guy, and really upset with this online IT service ;)
It is a BETA/Trial service and frequently not accurate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Can't even use the service all we get is "Something went wrong the UKVI is taking too long to respond" or "An error occurred". A complete waste of time, bit like the whole Home office procedure.

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:41 pm

It could be something wrong with your browser/firewall settings perhaps as the system is working ok -try next week as the ref might take some time to appear

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Guys I got my approval letter today 21/10/2017 from Home Office. Application date is 18/05/2017 and since 7th October, it was showing decided. Today is Saturday, so will be able to book Council and ceremony only on Monday. All the Best dear friends.

justwait
Newly Registered

Post by justwait » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Looks like just our applications left from 18th of May, my and my son. Status shows awaiting decision, update 2nd of June. Can't explain my feelings, it's just so sad. Every single day, several times I check the status... and still nothing.

navinw

Post by navinw » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:36 pm

justwait wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 pm
Looks like just our applications left from 18th of May, my and my son. Status shows awaiting decision, update 2nd of June. Can't explain my feelings, it's just so sad. Every single day, several times I check the status... and still nothing.
Same here..... :cry:
Applied on 18-May.....still no change in status since then.....

I check every hour............... :evil: :evil:

Hopefully...next week, it should update.to DECIDED......fingers crossed.. :idea:

justwait
Newly Registered

Post by justwait » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 pm

navinw wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:36 pm
justwait wrote:

Hopefully...next week, it should update.to DECIDED......fingers crossed.. :idea:
fingers crossed navinw....

aaatech
- thin ice -

Post by aaatech » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Applied for Me(AN1) and my daughter(MN1) on 24/05 and still waiting for update on both cases. is it normal waiting time for MN1? thanks

navinw

Post by navinw » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:43 pm

aaatech wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 pm
Applied for Me(AN1) and my daughter(MN1) on 24/05 and still waiting for update on both cases. is it normal waiting time for MN1? thanks
I think it's general delays- irrespective of whatever form(An/MN).
Every individuals application is considered separately.

k1w1
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by k1w1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Me too! Applied early May with an acknowledgement email 18 May. Still waiting. It is weighing on my mind. Good luck everyone, patience will prevail.

Mariam22
Newly Registered

Post by Mariam22 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am

My status updated to decided on 17/10/17 I applied on 06/06/17. Does anyone know how often or when the next Citizinship ceremony is at redbridge council?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Mariam22 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am
My status updated to decided on 17/10/17 I applied on 06/06/17. Does anyone know how often or when the next Citizinship ceremony is at redbridge council?
Most councils do 2 or 3 ceremonies per month, some only do one and it varies from council to council. When you are able to book a ceremony depends on how full the booking for ceremonies are. They only allow X number of people per ceremony so if the next one is full, you will only be offered the dates for the subsequent ones. You could pay extra and opt for a private ceremony if you choose not to wait for the public ceremony if it is too far away.

Your best option would be to contact them once you receive your letter. Some members get booked in automatically for a set date, other members are able to choose their date. Again, it varies from council to council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

justwait
Newly Registered

Post by justwait » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:47 pm

justwait wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 pm
navinw wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:36 pm
justwait wrote:

fingers crossed navinw....
Just check our status and it's show DECIDED
Application status updated on 20 October 2017. They sent the decision which we will get during 10 working days.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

navinw wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:43 pm
aaatech wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 pm
I think it's general delays- irrespective of whatever form(An/MN).
Every individuals application is considered separately.
What delay is there for someone getting their approvals in August and September? When people are waiting from April or May. There was a freedom of information request which suggests caseworkers were picking and choosing cases, The home office denied but I suspect it was close to the mark.

Mariam22
Newly Registered

Post by Mariam22 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:37 pm
Mariam22 wrote:
Most councils do 2 or 3 ceremonies per month, some only do one and it varies from council to council. When you are able to book a ceremony depends on how full the booking for ceremonies are. They only allow X number of people per ceremony so if the next one is full, you will only be offered the dates for the subsequent ones. You could pay extra and opt for a private ceremony if you choose not to wait for the public ceremony if it is too far away.

Your best option would be to contact them once you receive your letter. Some members get booked in automatically for a set date, other members are able to choose their date. Again, it varies from council to council.
Thank you soo much

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 am

Mariam22 wrote:
OMG my situation is same. I also applied on 06/06//17 and decided date showing 17/10.
keep updating your situation here for our benefit
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

Mafurebo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafurebo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:48 am

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Hi guys and girls and others waiting! I was in the same boat like you: Now,today at around 11 o'clock my status changed to DECIDED, updated on 20/10/2017. I was checking every day. I applied on 19/06/2017. It means that I waited 4 MONTHS!! They said that they have posted the decision by Post,that I will receive it withing 10 days. NOW, as the waiting is over, I am waiting the results. I hope it will be Approval.
Any way,finger crossed as the waiting is over. Thanks for everyone. Keep on waiting it will come.

AGNoble
Newly Registered

Post by AGNoble » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:58 am

Hi everyone - is there any prescription for this waiting game as it really getting tough waiting with no clue.

My application was on 24th July
Status updated on 12th October to Decided showing from 14th October
Was told letter was posted on 13th that is over a week yet to recieve any letter.

The waiting game plays on my emotion - can someone give me a prescription or a hug 😂😬
Last edited by AGNoble on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

AGNoble
Newly Registered

Post by AGNoble » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 am

Hi everyone - is there any prescription for this waiting game as it really getting tough waiting with no clue.

Was told letter was posted on 13th that is over a week yet to recieve any letter.

The waiting game plays on my emotion - can someone give me a prescription or a hug 😂😬

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 am

AGNoble wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 am

You'll have to wait. Like others who applied before you and still not decided.

Smallstew
Newly Registered

Post by Smallstew » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:32 am

From what I can see on the forum, May Applicants have been badly hit interms of waiting time.To see that July and August Applicants are getting 'decisions' already while some May applicants are still waiting is just beyond reason.I won't be surprised if it is a particular individual that is sitting on May Applications.
It will be shocking to learn that they cherry pick which application to deal with first before another.
Good luck to any May Applicant still waiting.I guess everything on earth has an expiry date.