ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP wait time after succesful appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abdul1998
Newly Registered

BRP wait time after succesful appeal

Post by Abdul1998 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 am

Hi

After a long 2 year battle I have finally won my appeal (family/private life route -10 years- Limited Leave to Remain). I currently have an offer of employment from an accounting firm starting in 2 months time. So, my question is how long does it take the post decision case work unit to implement the decision so that I receive my BRP, NI, ect ect. Appeal was successful (written confirmation) on 13 June 2017 - recieved letter of acknowledgement from PDCU on 18th July (5 weeks after decision). Also is there anything else I could personally do to speed up the process?

Thanks you and would appreciate if people who went through the same thing could comment how long it took them to get their documents.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Re: BRP wait time after succesful appeal

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 am

Abdul1998 wrote:Hi

After a long 2 year battle I have finally won my appeal (family/private life route -10 years- Limited Leave to Remain). I currently have an offer of employment from an accounting firm starting in 2 months time. So, my question is how long does it take the post decision case work unit to implement the decision so that I receive my BRP, NI, ect ect. Appeal was successful (written confirmation) on 13 June 2017 - recieved letter of acknowledgement from PDCU on 18th July (5 weeks after decision). Also is there anything else I could personally do to speed up the process?

Thanks you and would appreciate if people who went through the same thing could comment how long it took them to get their documents.
Salam Brother Abdul

Normally home office are given 14 days to challenge the decision and in your case as the decision from the judge cam on 13 june , so i dont think home office challenged the allowed decision. you will InshAllah receive your BRP within 3 months from the date of decision.
I also have flr fp appeal hearing in october. Would you be able to share your case that might prove helpful for me or i might get some useful points to defend my case

Abdul1998
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul1998 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 am

dilse4srk wrote:

Salam Brother Abdul

Normally home office are given 14 days to challenge the decision and in your case as the decision from the judge cam on 13 june , so i dont think home office challenged the allowed decision. you will InshAllah receive your BRP within 3 months from the date of decision.
I also have flr fp appeal hearing in october. Would you be able to share your case that might prove helpful for me or i might get some useful points to defend my case
Hi

You have to make sure you have good representation. A good barrister and solicitor and a very good bundle with as much strong evidence as you possible that it is very well put together and well written. The points that need to be proven have to be proven with very strong evidence. Of course every case is different but e.g I had to prove to the judge that I was highly integrated into British society and we did that with a lot of evidence and witnesses e.g teachers, friends and family. You have to take initiative and help your legal team prepare the bundle as no one knows your situation better than your self and you could add a lot of value to your case. So do what needs to be done and good luck.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Abdul1998 wrote:
dilse4srk wrote:

Salam Brother Abdul

Hi

You have to make sure you have good representation. A good barrister and solicitor and a very good bundle with as much strong evidence as you possible that it is very well put together and well written. The points that need to be proven have to be proven with very strong evidence. Of course every case is different but e.g I had to prove to the judge that I was highly integrated into British society and we did that with a lot of evidence and witnesses e.g teachers, friends and family. You have to take initiative and help your legal team prepare the bundle as no one knows your situation better than your self and you could add a lot of value to your case. So do what needs to be done and good luck.
Brother thanks alot for getting back to me. I won my article 8 case in 2012 from FTT and had 2.5 years of visa, this year when i applied for extension home office refused me saying that my british wife should go back with me to my home country because there are no insurmountable obstacles. This is the only point which i have to defend in court.
i have been living legally in uk since 2009 , got my degree from uk university and now working in top IT firm. So far the points which we have put together is the technology i am working does not exists in my home country, whole of my wife's family is in uk. she will be 9 months pregnant at the time of hearing. we have tax papers that me and my wife pay around 1400 in tax collective every month. Is there any other thing you would like to add.
And what sort of witness statements did you prepare. I mean from family or friends. Please guide me on this and yes i am in contact with my barrister and updating them with the proofs

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:38 pm

also it will be very very helpfull if you could let me know some citation which your solicitor put forward to defend the points that might come handy. Thanks alot.
my visa was refused in sep 2016 and uptill now i am going through a lot of stress. Jazak Allah

Abdul1998
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul1998 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 pm

dilse4srk wrote:also it will be very very helpfull if you could let me know some citation which your solicitor put forward to defend the points that might come handy. Thanks alot.
my visa was refused in sep 2016 and uptill now i am going through a lot of stress. Jazak Allah
Hi

Our cases are completely different so I don't think telling you the details of mine will be of any help. However, your case seems to be a strong one and I'm sure will be a success if your legal team is of a good enough standard. I would recommend really getting involved and asking questions ect ect and if they are unwilling to awnser question or are being difficult or just not putting you first or their full effort into the case - just get rid of them and find someone who will as this is your life.

Reflux
Newly Registered
Mood:
Central African Republic

Post by Reflux » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:50 am

Abdul1998 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 am
Hi

Hi Abdul
I won my appeal Feb 2017, after 7 years battle.
Unfortunately, PDCU till date has not acknowledged the decision. The RCCTeam I contacted notified me that "home office had applied for permission to appeal". I contacted the first & upper tribunal and there's no record of such application as of last Friday, 22nd.
Would you please pass on the address of pdcu that wrote you? The email I had for them few months ago kept bouncing back.
I would really appreaciate it, bless

Sunny98490
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny98490 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:41 am

Reflux wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:50 am
Abdul1998 wrote:
Hi

Hi Abdul
I won my appeal Feb 2017, after 7 years battle.
Unfortunately, PDCU till date has not acknowledged the decision. The RCCTeam I contacted notified me that "home office had applied for permission to appeal". I contacted the first & upper tribunal and there's no record of such application as of last Friday, 22nd.
Would you please pass on the address of pdcu that wrote you? The email I had for them few months ago kept bouncing back.
I would really appreaciate it, bless
Have you got visa now
Can u post it plz

Sunny98490
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny98490 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:50 am

My appeal allowed on July 21 2017
Got acknowledged from post decision case work on September 18
How long it takes to get my brp card
It been almost 3 months

doubledee
Wales

Post by doubledee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Sunny98490 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:50 am
It been almost 3 months
My timeline is a bit similar to yours, although yours was allowed before mine, when I rang the HO number, they said the service standard is 90 days after, I think you are coming up to that now, so I suggest you ring them and they may be able to fasttrack for you. Please post your update.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Abdul1998 wrote:
Hi

Hi Abdul

please let us know if you have got the visa after successful appeal, i had my appeal this month, waiting for a postive outcome in shaa Allah

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Sunny98490 wrote:
It been almost 3 months
Hi sunny

Is it possible if you could please let me know the address of post decision case working unit. I am in desperate need to contact the team who implements the decision so they send any correspondence to my home address rather then my legal rep as the firm is closed down. I will really appreciate ur help. If they have a phone number could u please let me know. Thnx

simple_rao
Newly Registered

Post by simple_rao » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 pm
Sunny98490 wrote:
It been almost 3 months
Hi sunny

Is it possible if you could please let me know the address of post decision case working unit. I am in desperate need to contact the team who implements the decision so they send any correspondence to my home address rather then my legal rep as the firm is closed down. I will really appreciate ur help. If they have a phone number could u please let me know. Thnx
UK Visa and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Abdul1998 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 pm
dilse4srk wrote:also it will be very very helpfull if you could let me know some citation which your solicitor put forward to defend the points that might come handy. Thanks alot.
Hi

Our cases are completely different so I don't think telling you the details of mine will be of any help. However, your case seems to be a strong one and I'm sure will be a success if your legal team is of a good enough standard. I would recommend really getting involved and asking questions ect ect and if they are unwilling to awnser question or are being difficult or just not putting you first or their full effort into the case - just get rid of them and find someone who will as this is your life.
Salam brother
just wanted to know if you have your BRP after allowed appeal in july, my appeal was allowed in october and home office is not going to challenge the decision, when i rang home office on 6th november i was told that my file had been sent for visa processing, please let me know so that i can have a timeframe in my mind

Sunny1234
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Sunny1234 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Sunny98490 wrote:
It been almost 3 months
Hello sunny98490
My appeal was allowed in august 2017 and still waiting for brp
Have you got your brp or still waiting ? Thanks

Sunny1234
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Sunny1234 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 pm

doubledee wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 pm
Sunny98490 wrote:
It been almost 3 months
My timeline is a bit similar to yours, although yours was allowed before mine, when I rang the HO number, they said the service standard is 90 days after, I think you are coming up to that now, so I suggest you ring them and they may be able to fasttrack for you. Please post your update.
Hello doubledee
My appeal was allowed in august 2017 and still waiting for brp got my passport back and letter says 10 days to wait and still waiting for brp its been more than 3 weeks now please share if you know any info thanks

doubledee
Wales

Post by doubledee » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Sunny1234 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 pm
doubledee wrote:
Sunny98490 wrote:
It been almost 3 months
Hello doubledee
My appeal was allowed in august 2017 and still waiting for brp got my passport back and letter says 10 days to wait and still waiting for brp its been more than 3 weeks now please share if you know any info thanks

hi, got all our brps now but not all passports, received brps this week. received passports for the children, still awaiting passports for parents. hope you get it soon

Sunny1234
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Sunny1234 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 pm

doubledee wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm
Sunny1234 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 pm
doubledee wrote:
Sunny98490 wrote:
It been almost 3 months
Hello doubledee

hi, got all our brps now but not all passports, received brps this week. received passports for the children, still awaiting passports for parents. hope you get it soon
Congratulations doubledee
That you got your brps and you ll get your passports soon .just 1 more question :
How long did it take to receive brp after the letter that says 10 days to receive . cos its been 1 month i recieved letter saying 10 days but its been long didn't recieve anything yet.

007RAHEEL

Post by 007RAHEEL » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 pm

I recieved letter on 14 November 2017 saying I will get brp in 10 days. My reconsideration was allowed on 14 November still waiting look like I have to wait 90 days :(

Sunny1234
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Sunny1234 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 pm

007RAHEEL wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 pm
I recieved letter on 14 November 2017 saying I will get brp in 10 days. My reconsideration was allowed on 14 November still waiting look like I have to wait 90 days :(
Hello raheel
Im in same situation
I recieved letter on 5th November saying i will recieve brp in 10 days but still nothing as you know its been 1month. My solicitor sent 2 emails and 1 letter but no reply . If you will get any news please let us know and if i get something i will let you know thanks

007RAHEEL

Post by 007RAHEEL » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm

I called on helpline today they advise appeals and reconsideration take 90 days to arrive when I revert back to her saying letter said 10 working days she was like then contact your caseworker. I made a complaint today on complaints email id now waiting for there response I been advised to contact MP which I will do after 2 weeks.
Sunny1234 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 pm
007RAHEEL wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 pm
Hello raheel
Im in same situation
I recieved letter on 5th November saying i will recieve brp in 10 days but still nothing as you know its been 1month. My solicitor sent 2 emails and 1 letter but no reply . If you will get any news please let us know and if i get something i will let you know thanks

Aown51214
Pakistan

Post by Aown51214 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 am

Hello members.

I'm a silent reader of this forum from last 6 months, I want to share my timeline
Applied June 2015
Refused by HO November 2015
FTT hearing June 2017
Appeal allowed 17 July 2017
PDCU acknowledgment letter received 17 September 2017
Since then nothing heard from HO
Waiting for BRP and documents
Is there any member who got allowed his/her appeal in July 2017 and still waiting for documents. Please reply
Thanks regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 am

Aown51214 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 am
Hello members.

I'm a silent reader of this forum from last 6 months, I want to share my timeline
Applied June 2015
Refused by HO November 2015
FTT hearing June 2017
Appeal allowed 17 July 2017
PDCU acknowledgment letter received 17 September 2017
Since then nothing heard from HO
Waiting for BRP and documents
Is there any member who got allowed his/her appeal in July 2017 and still waiting for documents. Please reply
Thanks regards
What exactly have you applied for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doubledee
Wales

Post by doubledee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm

[/quote]

Congratulations doubledee
That you got your brps and you ll get your passports soon .just 1 more question :
How long did it take to receive brp after the letter that says 10 days to receive . cos its been 1 month i recieved letter saying 10 days but its been long didn't recieve anything yet.
[/quote]

the brps were received 2 working days after. Still haven't received our passports, we have contacted them still no response. With brp, i think you just need to report it online if you didn't receive within 10 days.

Aown51214
Pakistan

Post by Aown51214 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Cr001 I applied for non eea spouse visa.
But the point is my appeal has allowed since 17 July 2017, and still waiting for BRP and documents, although post decision casework unit acknowledged the tribunal judge decision on 17 September 2017 it's nearly 5 months since my appeal has allowed, my solicitor wrote 2 letters to pdcu, I emailed them twice, but they kept complete silence, I know patience is key to dealing with HO. But they are making it very hard, it's been 29 month my passport is in home office, I don't know how long I have to wait before I get my brp and passport back. Living in dilemma. If any body gone through in same situation please reply, how long they actually take after allowed appeal, 6 months 7 months or a year. Thanks in advance