ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by calija777 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 am
Mdf74813 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am
Got my permit today. Applied on 13 august.
Hi.. congrats.. happy for u...
U claimed judicial review thru pre action protocol rite... could u pls tell me the procedure..
Hi,

I think it will be useful if Mdf74813 can share a wording of his pre action protocol.

We can use it when writing escalation emails.

Do you agree?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 am

calija777 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 am
Mdf74813 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am
Got my permit today. Applied on 13 august.
Hi.. congrats.. happy for u...
U claimed judicial review thru pre action protocol rite... could u pls tell me the procedure..
Hi,

I think it will be useful if Mdf74813 can share a wording of his pre action protocol.

We can use it when writing escalation emails.

Do you agree?
You cannot use a 'one size fits all' letter copied from others. HO are quick to pick up on this. There is a very set procedure for Pre Action Protocol set by the Judiciary and it must be followed to the letter for it to be effective.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ial-review
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ron_M
Newly Registered

Post by Ron_M » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:34 am

Oliver12 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:22 pm
Ron_M wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 pm
Hello. I would like to know if anyone got the EEA Family Permit for a spouse where both the spouse and EEA citizen are outside the UK, ie the EEA citizen is not yet in the UK and the spouse is travelling together with the EEA citizen to the UK. What was the timeline like from Sheffield?
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

Hi Ron

I have applied from Mumbai India
For the family's permit traveling to uk with my spouse as my spouse is an eea national we both currently reside together in Mumbai at this very moment

Applied for my visa at vfs.mumbai - 28th August
Application receive in UK - 5th September
Not straight forward mail received - 14 September

And still waiting for their reply since a month from the last email received of not being straight forward

I too have the same above query as you do
Can someone please reply to rons msg for the time scale for both eea national and spouse traveling together from outside UK

Regards
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the information. Would you like to share what type of documents you submitted with the application,

Ron

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

baigbaig wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am
agnieszka1509 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am
baigbaig wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 pm
Hi guys

We decided to withdraw our application it's no sense to wait more and waste time just like fool.

Anyone knows the application process to Poland as spouse visa if anyone know the procedure please share with us. Many Time Thanks

Regard
Baig
Hey,

I'm polish and was thinking the same way as you. To bring my husband to Poland and apply to FP from there were processing times were 15 days. But now there is no Poland listed for any visas processing times. So I'm confused now.
I was reading a bit about visas to Poland. Visas system there is so much different then in UK. I think you can only get spouse visa if you are there and your short stay visa is running out. And first of all your marriage must be registered in Poland so I guess your spouse would have to translate your marriage certificate to polish and register it there. I remember when I was getting my birth certificate in polish register office the lady told me I have to register my marriage there after or something. I did not do it though.
Good luck
Agnieszka

Hi,

To register marriage in Poland is not a big deal. My wife get some information to apply visa to Poland.

May I ask you where you residing in UK.

Regard
Baig
Hey,

I know registering your marriage is not difficult but all these steps are adding up and this still can take a while. Anyway please let me know if you will go for it and how are you doing.
I reside in Scotland.

Regards
Agnieszka

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm

agnieszka1509 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm
baigbaig wrote:
agnieszka1509 wrote:
baigbaig wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 pm
Hi guys

We decided to withdraw our application it's no sense to wait more and waste time just like fool.

Anyone knows the application process to Poland as spouse visa if anyone know the procedure please share with us. Many Time Thanks

Regard
Baig
Hey,

I'm polish and was thinking the same way as you. To bring my husband to Poland and apply to FP from there were processing times were 15 days. But now there is no Poland listed for any visas processing times. So I'm confused now.
I was reading a bit about visas to Poland. Visas system there is so much different then in UK. I think you can only get spouse visa if you are there and your short stay visa is running out. And first of all your marriage must be registered in Poland so I guess your spouse would have to translate your marriage certificate to polish and register it there. I remember when I was getting my birth certificate in polish register office the lady told me I have to register my marriage there after or something. I did not do it though.
Good luck
Agnieszka

Hi,

To register marriage in Poland is not a big deal. My wife get some information to apply visa to Poland.

Regard
Baig
Hey,

I know registering your marriage is not difficult but all these steps are adding up and this still can take a while. Anyway please let me know if you will go for it and how are you doing.
I reside in Scotland.

Regards
Agnieszka
Helloo,

My wife lives in England. Of course it took a little while but polish immigration is much much quicker than UK.

Can you share your contact number ...??

Regard
Baig

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 pm

baigbaig wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm
Helloo,

My wife lives in England. Of course it took a little while but polish immigration is much much quicker than UK.

Regard
Baig
Members are NOT permitted to post personal contact details on the forum.

If any members have questions about Polish immigration, please post your questions in the correct sub forum (click). This sub forum is for EEA/EU routes to the UK ONLY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

M2sam

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Alanakudz wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:42 am
hi guys.. this is the mail i got today..

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward.  We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

anybody else received this kinda mail?
I have similar email
I received it in the end of September, saying
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.
it depends if you get it from call centre than they are useless. Which email you get it from, i got mine from visainfo.shefo@.......

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:42 pm

M2sam wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 pm
Alanakudz wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:42 am
hi guys.. this is the mail i got today..

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward.  We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

anybody else received this kinda mail?
I have similar email
I received it in the end of September, saying
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.
it depends if you get it from call centre than they are useless. Which email you get it from, i got mine from visainfo.shefo@.......
I also receivd it frm sheffield.. but wat is the use.. still no decision is made...

Sadat10
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Sadat10 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 pm

After four times of trying I finally got my EEA fp. All thanks to God. Applied on 27th September from Ghana and it took exactly15 working days.

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Conrats Sadat10. It's great they are actually granting some visas but what about people that applied months ago? It does not make sense.

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm

baigbaig wrote:
agnieszka1509 wrote:
baigbaig wrote:
agnieszka1509 wrote:

Hey,

Good luck
Agnieszka

Hi,

Regard
Baig
Hey,

I reside in Scotland.

Regards
Agnieszka
Helloo,

Regard
Baig
Apparently it is not permitted. I guess they would delete it anyway.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Congratulations who got their visas today..
Still can't understand why so long for some of the applications.
Mostly delayed applications are from march,April and May I think... hard to tell what they doing and what they will do

Sadat10
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Sadat10 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:37 pm

agnieszka1509 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:04 pm
Conrats Sadat10. It's great they are actually granting some visas but what about people that applied months ago? It does not make sense.
My 3rd application took 72 working days but was still refused so wasn't even expecting this 4th application to be determined that soon but thank God they did. I think it all boils down to luck.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm
Congratulations who got their visas today..
Still can't understand why so long for some of the applications.
Mostly delayed applications are from march,April and May I think... hard to tell what they doing and what they will do
U r rite... and the thing to b noted is ppl frm india r not gettin their visas processed now...

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:10 pm

True mostly applications are from India . I am worried that it's already more then 6 months and a lot of things changed since then like date of travel and that time my partner was in India and we mentioned we will travel together. what I have mentioned in the form I hope they don't find out anything and refuse the visa after this long.

Arek
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Arek » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Friend of mine got visa
applied on 29 August in Cebu, Philippines,
got visa 18 October
Meanwhile his wife had been asked to provide more supporting documents.
They used agency to help them with visa application.

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 pm

The more I read the less I understand. How does the process work ?Is there no priority to decide on applications that were submitted first? confused :?

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 am

agnieszka1509 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm
baigbaig wrote:
agnieszka1509 wrote:
baigbaig wrote:

Hi,

Regard
Baig
Hey,

I reside in Scotland.

Regards
Agnieszka
Helloo,

Regard
Baig
Apparently it is not permitted. I guess they would delete it anyway.
Okay no problem. I will start my process very soon I will update you if you will have anything just share. Thanks

sdk021
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdk021 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 am

jacobj0912 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm
sdk021 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:13 pm
jacobj0912 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:18 pm
sdk021 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:50 pm

hi bro i applied on 18th nov 2017
and i got my not straight forward email on 05/10/2017
still waiting
You mean 18th September?
ya 18th september sorry bro !!
Okay. I am also planning to apply from Chennai very soon
Appreciate if you could keep your progress updated in this thread. That will help me a lot.
Did you use solicitor?
ya sure bro and I haven't got any help from solicitors

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 am

Dear All,

Good morning

I know everybody are waiting to hear some positive feedback. We all have to have strong faith in God and be patient. I am also going through same what you guys are going.

If our love is true nobody can keep us separated from our partner .

All the best everyone .....keep praying. All are in my prayers.

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:20 am

Esperan24 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 am
Dear All,

Good morning

I know everybody are waiting to hear some positive feedback. We all have to have strong faith in God and be patient. I am also going through same what you guys are going.

If our love is true nobody can keep us separated from our partner .

All the best everyone .....keep praying. All are in my prayers.
Thanks Brother. We have nothing to do except pray and be patient.

Sincejan
Newly Registered

Post by Sincejan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:24 am

Guys can anybody guide me?

is it possible that I can ask for my passport without withdrawing my application for family permit. Applied from lahore, Pakistan.
115 working days already passed, heard nothing. Going through stress.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

Bollox 03/04/2017 Mumbai Y Y 24/10/2017

Hello all

Finally I got the visa. Got the email yesterday from VFS and collected the passport today.

I have wrote to MP, SOLVIT and complaint to UKVI. Finally it worked.

last week, I got a reply from MP saying that UKVI has got all my complaints and escalations (total 3) I have raised and they are doing some more checks. They also mentioned that they have arranged a telephone interview and for that they have sent me an email, which i never received. Anyhow my wife in UK got the call from UKVI and the interview lasted around 15-20 minutes.

The visa has been issued the next day after interview.

From my experience, once you get the email from Sheffield means they have started working on your case. so those who have got similar email, please hang in there.

Feel free to ask any questions you guys have, I will be happy to answer. Please dont ask anything which I have already mentioned on this forum. You can easily scroll back and read it.

Good luck to all.

Irfan

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:37 am

Bollox wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

Hello all

Finally I got the visa. Got the email yesterday from VFS and collected the passport today.

last week, I got a reply from MP saying that UKVI has got all my complaints and escalations (total 3) I have raised and they are doing some more checks. They also mentioned that they have arranged a telephone interview and for that they have sent me an email, which i never received. Anyhow my wife in UK got the call from UKVI and the interview lasted around 15-20 minutes.

From my experience, once you get the email from Sheffield means they have started working on your case. so those who have got similar email, please hang in there.

Feel free to ask any questions you guys have, I will be happy to answer. Please dont ask anything which I have already mentioned on this forum. You can easily scroll back and read it.

Good luck to all.

Irfan

Hello Irfan,

Congrats. At last your wait is over.

Is it because you wrote to MP your application was processed fast. Because I have applied before you from Mumbai but still waiting.
About the mail from Sheffield- I got a mail this

Thank you for your enquiry

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
SF

Are you talking about this mail. If yes then I hope my application will be processed now.

What email they have sent you regarding the decision.

What questions they asked your wife in the interview?

All the best Irfan. Keep us in your prayers.

Regards,
Byron

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 am

Dear Bollx

Many congratulations it's a great news.... Happy for u.... Ur update has given us some hope.
I also wanted to know what email are you talking about... so those who have got similar email, please hang in there...

I have been also escalating my case and even my husband did from UK... I am also receiving emails from Sheffield stating it's under process.

Bollox wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

Hello all

Good luck to all.

Irfan