ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gammavega
Poland

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by gammavega » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:28 am

I was looking to apply on 2 May but the NCS officer suggested waiting a few months due to me having 2 penalty charges (damn bus lanes). In the end I applied in Aug and by the looks of it this was a lucky decision ;)

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am

I Applied 19.05.17 and still waiting for good new but Today I received letter from home office and they requested original passports from previous 5 years. I applied thorough NCS and the lady did copy and sent previous passports. I don't know after sending passports how long more to wait.

DollarPound
Newly Registered

Post by DollarPound » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 pm

ay wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 pm
DollarPound wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:25 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 pm
DollarPound wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Can I check public ceremony dates of another County?
You would need to call the different councils but I think they give preference to locals.

So you got the actual letter before it was updated on line??? That is weird
I got both letters on the same day i.e. Saturday.
Hi DollarPound, when is the first date available for private ceremony in Reading council ?
This is really frustrating to wait for application decision and then again wait for Ceremony date which is more than a month. Ripping another £££ to book a private ceremony :-(((
Hi ay,

I got it in Basingstoke council on 2nd Nov as I was mentioned ceremony location in NCS application.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

amehmood04916 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am
I Applied 19.05.17 and still waiting for good new but Today I received letter from home office and they requested original passports from previous 5 years. I applied thorough NCS and the lady did copy and sent previous passports. I don't know after sending passports how long more to wait.
If you have gone through NCS I don't think they are supposed to/can do that. That's the whole point of NCS-you don't have to send in your documents. I would challenge them on it. The moderator might know why they would ask for these though?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
If you have gone through NCS I don't think they are supposed to/can do that. That's the whole point of NCS-you don't have to send in your documents. I would challenge them on it. The moderator might know why they would ask for these though?
HO can and often do request original documents. They are within their rights to do so and not complying with the request can result in a refusal. It is usually requested to check absences or to verify identity or when there have been name changes etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
HO can and often do request original documents. They are within their rights to do so and not complying with the request can result in a refusal. It is usually requested to check absences or to verify identity or when there have been name changes etc.
How long do they keep them for, or is that like asking how long is a piece of string? I would just be concerned as I had a friend trapped in the UK for nearly a year while they had his kiwi passport. In the end he withdrew his application

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm

I am assuming the status will only be updated between 9-5pm. Does anyone know if there is a most likely time of day? I am spending a lot of time refreshing my screen....

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm
I am assuming the status will only be updated between 9-5pm. Does anyone know if there is a most likely time of day? I am spending a lot of time refreshing my screen....

ohh dear, i am with you...
i am refreshing every 20 mins.......day/night...
First thing in the morning and even last thing before going to bed.....

Even if someone says, it updates during the day time. I will still be refreshing whole night.... :cry:

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:31 pm

People were reporting the updates appearing around noon. No point checking more than once a day since one must wait for weeks then anyway for the paperwork to go through.

I'm also extremely frustrated, where in my (straight) case, I'm now waiting for 3 months longer then other people and my application has gone through a month before yours kirkerj. I understand they may need to run all sorts of checks - but they are all pretty standard. Commercial organisations are doing it with a turnaround time of two-three weeks. It is silly when a failry basic checks are taking the same amount of time as Developed Vetting security clearance (the highest level) - where face to face interviews with family, employers, referees and VERY detailed background checks are required. Home Office under Tory government is just having a laugh, but I will remember when the next election - local or general is held and will vote accordingly.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Some people were getting an update last Saturday. I did read they are working seven days a week at the moment. The Liverpool office is supposedly open on a Saturday.

k1w1
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by k1w1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 pm

This thread is the only thing keeping me sane about waiting. Applied 6 May at a Saturday NCS session, received by HO 9 May. Never thought I'd still be waiting in late October. And even worse the online status tool doesn't recognise my application number. I called Home Office yesterday, and the lady reassured me that the online tool is unreliable and it happens a lot, and that it is not unusual to be waiting 5+ months - but what else would they say? I am sorry you others from May are still waiting, but at least there's some comfort that we're not alone.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:24 pm

swintooh wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:31 pm
People were reporting the updates appearing around noon. No point checking more than once a day since one must wait for weeks then anyway for the paperwork to go through.

I'm also extremely frustrated, where in my (straight) case, I'm now waiting for 3 months longer then other people and my application has gone through a month before yours kirkerj. I understand they may need to run all sorts of checks - but they are all pretty standard. Commercial organisations are doing it with a turnaround time of two-three weeks. It is silly when a failry basic checks are taking the same amount of time as Developed Vetting security clearance (the highest level) - where face to face interviews with family, employers, referees and VERY detailed background checks are required. Home Office under Tory government is just having a laugh, but I will remember when the next election - local or general is held and will vote accordingly.
More power to you. On top of all the perks of getting citizenship, the one I have really been looking forward to recently is voting against the Tories until I can.

I have been checking my status as well and was surprised when it updated only 6 days (10th October) after I originally applied but there's been no movement since. Since I am from Bulgaria originally, I have become used to waiting without any sort of information, initially for my Blue worker permit and then the DCPR. I gather they do bulk updates from time to time but I do not expect movement until the very end of the year.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Right wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:24 pm
swintooh wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:31 pm

More power to you. On top of all the perks of getting citizenship, the one I have really been looking forward to recently is voting against the Tories until I can.

I have been checking my status as well and was surprised when it updated only 6 days (10th October) after I originally applied but there's been no movement since. Since I am from Bulgaria originally, I have become used to waiting without any sort of information, initially for my Blue worker permit and then the DCPR. I gather they do bulk updates from time to time but I do not expect movement until the very end of the year.
I think voting has become rather mundane personally, it seems very little changes, I do remember the buzz that things could change in the 1997 election when Tony Blair came to power, but that all went after a couple of terms in office, perhaps there's a little optimism creeping back in with Corbyn. But I remember Margaret Thatcher in 1979 coming to power and things could only get better. It was good to see her go in 1990.

drwright
Newly Registered

Post by drwright » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Oh Lord This is really scary.. I intend to travel after thinking the NCS officer i used did a good job .. I Pray the caseworker will not be requiring anything further from me

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 am

it seems obvious to me as someone with over 20 years in IT that there is a batch job running each day around midday (great choice of timing, NOT!). This batch checks the database and picks up the last status of each application, then posts it out to the webserver(s). This would explain why status changes happen then.
Let's face it guys, at least there is some sort of tool that reports on the status, whether that is accurate is down to the case workers updating the case system or not.
When I applied for my DCPR the tool showed on 28/06 DECIDED and within a week I received the DCPR. So it does work, just need to keep the patience!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 am

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 am
it seems obvious to me as someone with over 20 years in IT that there is a batch job running each day around midday (great choice of timing, NOT!). This batch checks the database and picks up the last status of each application, then posts it out to the webserver(s). This would explain why status changes happen then.
Let's face it guys, at least there is some sort of tool that reports on the status, whether that is accurate is down to the case workers updating the case system or not.
When I applied for my DCPR the tool showed on 28/06 DECIDED and within a week I received the DCPR. So it does work, just need to keep the patience!
I know patience is a virtue but its one virtue I don't have! There is no way I can do my 2-3 month summer trip back to NZ at Xmas until this is granted or they won't let me back in!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 am

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 am
I know patience is a virtue but its one virtue I don't have! There is no way I can do my 2-3 month summer trip back to NZ at Xmas until this is granted or they won't let me back in!
Presumably you applied yourself by post instead of using NCS so that you can keep hold of your original documents??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 am
kirkerj wrote:
Presumably you applied yourself by post instead of using NCS so that you can keep hold of your original documents??
I applied by NCS so I have my NZ passport and ILR card (they copied and certified each page of all of them).

I know that the minute I go to NZ the letter will arrive and I won't be able to get back to attend a ceremony as I would be gone for so long. Plus they would cancel my biometric ILR (and I wouldn't know as live alone in the UK) and then would get fined for not sending it back within 5 days!

Yes I am feeling pessimistic :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 am

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 am
CR001 wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
I applied by NCS so I have my NZ passport and ILR card (they copied and certified each page of all of them).

I know that the minute I go to NZ the letter will arrive and I won't be able to get back to attend a ceremony as I would be gone for so long. Plus they would cancel my biometric ILR (and I wouldn't know as live alone in the UK) and then would get fined for not sending it back within 5 days! You are only British once you attend your ceremony. BRP card is only required to be sent back after your ceremony and will still be valid up until this point.

Char (CR001 not Casa)

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 am
kirkerj wrote:
CR001 wrote:
kirkerj wrote:

I know that the minute I go to NZ the letter will arrive and I won't be able to get back to attend a ceremony as I would be gone for so long. Plus they would cancel my biometric ILR (and I wouldn't know as live alone in the UK) and then would get fined for not sending it back within 5 days! You are only British once you attend your ceremony. BRP card is only required to be sent back after your ceremony and will still be valid up until this point.

Oh that's excellent ino, but how long do you have to attend the ceremony-its 30 days right? I would be gone for about 3 months (Dad having an operation)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:21 am

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:19 am
Oh that's excellent ino, but how long do you have to attend the ceremony-its 30 days right? I would be gone for about 3 months (Dad having an operation)
You are required to book your ceremony within 21 days of receipt of the letter and you are required to attend your ceremony within 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:21 am
kirkerj wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:19 am
You are required to book your ceremony within 21 days of receipt of the letter and you are required to attend your ceremony within 90 days.
Thanks, so its potentially doable if I get someone to check my mail for me. Now to sit back and wait...Thanks for your help.

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:22 pm

kirkerj wrote:
CR001 wrote:
kirkerj wrote:

I know that the minute I go to NZ the letter will arrive and I won't be able to get back to attend a ceremony as I would be gone for so long. Plus they would cancel my biometric ILR (and I wouldn't know as live alone in the UK) and then would get fined for not sending it back within 5 days!

Is it possible to attend Citizenship Ceremony in New Zealand? Embassies /High Commissions do organise ceremonies in their compounds. If someone can send the latter by post to you in NZ !!!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:42 pm

takdeerwala wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:22 pm
kirkerj wrote:
CR001 wrote:
kirkerj wrote:

Is it possible to attend Citizenship Ceremony in New Zealand? Embassies /High Commissions do organise ceremonies in their compounds. If someone can send the latter by post to you in NZ !!!
I would say unlikely that you can but 90 days gives me time to come back, not that I'm booking my flight just yet! One way might be the plan I think so can come back when necessary

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:45 pm

takdeerwala wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:22 pm
Only possible in certain limited circumstances, i.e. Married to a British citizen who is posted overseas for a job for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)