ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Dependent question

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smartinventor
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Dependent question

Post by smartinventor » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Dear Immigration Board,

I've granted my endorsement letter from Tech City on 19th Oct and now I'm preparing for stage 2 and will apply for 5 years, However, I'm kind of stuck with the dependent rules and I can't find clear guidelines for that, I 'm married and I have 1 son (16 years old) and 1 daughter (19 years old) and I want them to come with me to the UK, as we are living abroad and we got no family here,and my son and daughter, they live with us since birth, so I hope you can help me with the following questions please:

1) Can I apply for a dependent visa for my daughter who is over 18 years old and provide proof she has no family in the country? if yes what type of document I have to provide?

2) I 'm assuming my son (16 years old) can easily apply as a dependent on me, right?

3) There is any special documents have to provide for a child under 18 years old? and over 18 years old?

4) Do you recommend to apply all together for a stage 2? or on a separate application?

Looking forward to your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Dependent question

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:01 pm

1) Can I apply for a dependent visa for my daughter who is over 18 years old and provide proof she has no family in the country? if yes what type of document I have to provide?
Unfortunately no you cannot. Dependent children applying outside the UK must be under 18 years of age. She will need to find another route to the UK that she qualifies for.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-t ... ly-members
2) I 'm assuming my son (16 years old) can easily apply as a dependent on me, right?
Correct
3) There is any special documents have to provide for a child under 18 years old? and over 18 years old?
Read the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smartinventor
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by smartinventor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am

Thank you CR001 for your answers.

-There is any small hope if I try to convince the HO with a cover letter proofing that my daughter living with us since birth and she has no one in the country?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am

No unfortunately not. She is considered an adult and would have to find a visa she qualifies for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smartinventor
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by smartinventor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:32 am

Thanks again,

Could you please answer my Q4 below:

4) Do you recommend to apply all together for a stage 2? or on a separate application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am

I cannot answer that question as I am not very familiar with the stages of process for this visa category but from the link I have posted, the Overview pages suggests you can apply together at stage 2.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-talent
Char (CR001 not Casa)

smartinventor
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by smartinventor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:24 am

Thank you very much.