ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Entry Type C tourist visa - confused Non EEA spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nsait
Newly Registered

Multiple Entry Type C tourist visa - confused Non EEA spouse

Post by nsait » Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am

Hello,

I went to Italy with my husband last year (he is British and I am Indian and we live in the UK). I got a free spouse of an EU national visa for a year with multiple entries allowed. So technically, I have a valid Schengen visa but in the annotations it says 'free visa, eu family' (in Italian).

Now I'm going to Spain with my sister in July and my husband can't join us. I know that according to EU law, I should apply for a tourist visa. But will my existing Schengen Type C tourist visa cause any issues? I have read that you cannot have two Schengen visas at the same time.

I am dreading the thought of getting visas cancelled and chasing consulates for a short weekend trip.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

FloorS
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: Multiple Entry Type C tourist visa - confused Non EEA spouse

Post by FloorS » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:40 am

Hi,
I am wondering what happened in the end? Did you manage to enter Schengen without troubles, or did you decide to apply for another Schengen visa?