ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to marry my Albanian fiancé

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vickibarallon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Seychelles

Trying to marry my Albanian fiancé

Post by Vickibarallon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 pm

This is my first time ever posting something so personal on the internet so please can I have some honest answers.

Basically my fiancé came into the uk in 2014 via lorry he is here illegally. I am from the Seychelles but have been living in the uk since 2002 I have indefinite leave to remain.

We met in October 2016 and have been living together since march 2017. We are in a genuine relationship I love him a lot and can't imagine my life without him. In September 2017 we had gone to a club to celebrate his birthday in which he got arrested by trying to protect me from a guy that kept harassing me although my fiancé told him to back off. My fiancé punched the man and another claimed my fiancé had somehow scratched him causing him to have to get stitching. My fiancé DID NOT do anything but punch him. He spent a day at the police station and is at the moment released on bail which ends this Friday. If the police drops the charges would they still arrest for being here illegally?

My second question is the next day after he got released on bail we went to see our solicitor who immediately opened an application for him which is now at the home office. We sent our bills together and our solicitor said the case is with the home office and pending. We were advised to go to the registry office and apply to be married. We were told we have to wait 28 to 70 days. We are still waiting for their decision. If we do get the go ahead to get married what are the chances of immigration turning up to our wedding? Our solicitor told us he would be fine as he has a case open with HO but I'm still really scared.

I also with to add I make 19,430pa so it shows I can support us both will this help?

Elliewifetoalbanian

Re: Trying to marry my Albanian fiancé

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am

Hi

Im also married to an albanian who was here illelegally in the UK - he now has a visa so proof it can be done.

Flr fp will not be successful without marriage as you must be unmarried partners cohabiting for 2 years and even if you marry there are no guarntees.

We were refused (despite being married) but won on appeal.

When you register at registry office they will refer your case to home office who may take up to 70 days to grant you permission to marry.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 am

What application exactly did the solicitor submit to Home Office? FLR(M), FLR(FP).......etc??

As unmarried partners, it is mandatory to submit 24 months evidence of living in 'a relationship akin to marriage'.
We were told we have to wait 28 to 70 days. We are still waiting for their decision.
Yes, the Registery office is obliged to inform HO of non-EU citizens wishing to get married and HO extend the notice period to 70 days to investigate and/or interview each of you separately before they grant or refuse permission to marry.
If we do get the go ahead to get married what are the chances of immigration turning up to our wedding?
Yes this is a possibility as he is an illegal immigrant. Having an application with HO does give him any rights or legalise his stay.

A couple of examples of the many queries posted on the forum of marrying an illegal/overtayer Albanian citizen.

immigration-for-family-members/marrying ... 34390.html

immigration-for-family-members/british- ... 40851.html

This is a common trend by the way and HO are wise to it. Some have had success, others have not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vickibarallon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Seychelles

Post by Vickibarallon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Elliewifetoalbanian wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am
Hi

Im also married to an albanian who was here illelegally in the UK - he now has a visa so proof it can be done.

Flr fp will not be successful without marriage as you must be unmarried partners cohabiting for 2 years and even if you marry there are no guarntees.

We were refused (despite being married) but won on appeal.

When you register at registry office they will refer your case to home office who may take up to 70 days to grant you permission to marry.
I read on another post that you said xxxxxxxxx is a good solicitor. Coincidently this is the same one we are using. Are they worth it and good or should we find another solicitor? Also did you get married here in the UK or in Albania?

Elliewifetoalbanian

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:47 pm

We got married in the UK and home office did not turn up at the wedding.

If your application is still pending it is unlikely they would turn up to the wedding as they are still considering his stay.

I know of one wedding they have turned up to as no application was entered

If your using a solicitor in Newport he is very good and has alot of expierence with Albanians - we have referred alot to him recently - we do know of one friend who was deported, 1 sucessful case, 3 succesful at appeal.

Flr fp visas are very difficult to get and are only really granted under exceptional circumstances.

Albanians do seem to be having a bit of a hard time recently and the home office is really clamping down.

Vickibarallon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Seychelles

Post by Vickibarallon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm

We are using xxxxxx as our solicitor they're based in London. Thank you so much for all your help and advice. It truly is one of the hardest things we as a couple have gone through but it's also strengthening us.

Moderator edit: Company name removed under the Board Ts&Cs.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Vickibarallon wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm
We are using could be dodgy solicitors and I'm getting a kick-back as our solicitor they're based in London. Thank you so much for all your help and advice. It truly is one of the hardest things we as a couple have gone through but it's also strengthening us.
Please don't post solicitors names etc, it's against the T&C's...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Vickibarallon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Seychelles

Post by Vickibarallon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Vickibarallon wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm
We are using Xxxxxxxxxx as our solicitor they're based in London. Thank you so much for all your help and advice. It truly is one of the hardest things we as a couple have gone through but it's also strengthening us.