ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of address

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Proof of address

Post by Dahlia21 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi, please how can i prove i have lived with my husband in a certain address in Egypt for two years, bank statement is in my husband's name, utility bills are in my father in law's name as we lived in my father in law's house and nothing in my name, how do i tie myself to the address?
is an affidavit of address from a notary public common in such applications?
i am applying for tier 4 dependent.
thank you so much in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of address

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 am

Dahlia21 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 pm
Hi, please how can i prove i have lived with my husband in a certain address in Egypt for two years, bank statement is in my husband's name, utility bills are in my father in law's name as we lived in my father in law's house and nothing in my name, how do i tie myself to the address?
Is the application form specifically asking you for proof of living with your husband?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Dahlia21 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 am

no but i want a proof of relationship along with conversations, pictures and marriage certificate, to show that the marriage is genuine and that we have been living together

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am

Dahlia21 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 am
no but i want a proof of relationship along with conversations, pictures and marriage certificate, to show that the marriage is genuine and that we have been living together
You will need evidence that you are married (the marriage certificate), but evidence of the marriage being genuine and subsisting is not necessary unless there is reason to believe it is not, for example if it is clear that you have been living apart for some reason, like if the student has already been living in the UK without their spouse for some time.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Dahlia21 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Thank you so much, we have been married for two years, never lived apart until he left for the UK last month should we provide more proof then?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Dahlia21 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm
Thank you so much, we have been married for two years, never lived apart until he left for the UK last month should we provide more proof then?
That is very normal for the student to go first, with the dependant(s) to follow shortly afterwards, so there won't be any particular suspicion that you have (for example) separated for good.

It might be best to get advice locally about what they expect to see at that specific post -- not gossip from other applicants, but proper advice from a professional.