ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa dependent Job search

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

opaitbaba
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Tier 2 visa dependent Job search

Post by opaitbaba » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Hello all,

My wife is my tier 2 visa dependent, we have been in the UK for about 3months and it has been really hard for her to get a job, she has applied for a lot of jobs that are below graduate level yet she gets turned down.
Any advice on how a tier 2 dependent can easily get a job would be highly appreciated.
Thank you :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 visa dependent Job search

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 am

Copies of CV and pound the pavements going to agencies.

Lower her expectation on jobs.

Impossible to guess why she is not getting anywhere as we dont know her experience or what types of jobs she is applying for. "Under graduate level" is VERY vague.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:24 pm

opaitbaba wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:18 pm
Any advice on how a tier 2 dependent can easily get a job would be highly appreciated.
Her being a Tier 2 dependant has no relevance to nor any bearing on her employment prospects.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

opaitbaba
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by opaitbaba » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:20 pm

@CR001 she has a degree in computer sc, she has however been applying for customer service roles.

opaitbaba
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by opaitbaba » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 am
Copies of CV and pound the pavements going to agencies.

Lower her expectation on jobs.

Impossible to guess why she is not getting anywhere as we dont know her experience or what types of jobs she is applying for. "Under graduate level" is VERY vague.
@CR001 she has a degree in computer sc, she has however been applying for customer service roles.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:37 am

She should try admin type roles and get out and go and see or make appointments with Agencies to get into a temp role even as a start so that she can build some experience in the UK and improve her CV.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

opaitbaba
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by opaitbaba » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:02 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:37 am
She should try admin type roles and get out and go and see or make appointments with Agencies to get into a temp role even as a start so that she can build some experience in the UK and improve her CV.
Thank you very much.