ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP FLR Extension (tier1) - March applications post here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GKdada
Newly Registered

ANother query I would know....

Post by GKdada » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:37 am

Hi Bhumi,
Thanks for your reply...but i got something unusual..please see below description....
Currently I m in UK,I had applied for HSMP when I was in India and then received HSMP approval letter after coming here in UK.Here I am planning to apply for FLR but at them same time I wanted dependent visa for my wife.BUt as she is not with me in UK ,I cannot apply for her . I am coming back to India in June and apprently apply for dependent visa for my wife.
Can anybody tell me what docs I may need for dependent visa and VISA fees?

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards
-GKdada

Bhumi wrote:
GKdada wrote:Hi guys,
I have got HSMP approval letter and currently I am in UK on workpermit.I am planning to send HSMP flr tier 1 application very soon ...but I am still in some confusion as below....
1. Do I need to fill seperate application form for dependents?If yes then where I will get another depedent form.
2. If you have valid HSMP letter then which section of FLR form should not be filled like there are some sections for Qualification,age,income assessment,do I need to fill those as well?N.B. I am currently here on workpermit.
3. Section of maintainance of fund of around £850 - which proof I should provide for this section ? I am having Bank state with savings more than 2.5 lakhs and last 12 months salary slips will be sufficient?

Friends please guide me so that I can send it as early as possible.Your help will be helpful for me....
Regards
-GKdada

1 . Yes you need seperate application form for dependants - print it online from HO website
2. Yes if you have Approval letter you dont need ot fill in that section. Directly go to section Z
3. Funds maintainence - show proof as last 3 months banks statements or get a letter from bank stating that you have consistently maintened minimum of 850 GBP last 3 months. But i tried that and bank does not give that kind of letter atleast my bank did not.
4. You dont need ot give salary slips for last 12 months. Only 3 months is sufficient. I called HO and confirmed.

Hope that helps
Regards,
Bhumi

Bhumi

Re: ANother query I would know....

Post by Bhumi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 pm

[quote="GKdada"]Hi Bhumi,
Thanks for your reply...but i got something unusual..please see below description....
Currently I m in UK,I had applied for HSMP when I was in India and then received HSMP approval letter after coming here in UK.Here I am planning to apply for FLR but at them same time I wanted dependent visa for my wife.BUt as she is not with me in UK ,I cannot apply for her . I am coming back to India in June and apprently apply for dependent visa for my wife.
Can anybody tell me what docs I may need for dependent visa and VISA fees?

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards
-GKdada

GKdada,
your case still remains the same. since you are travelling to India in June, it will be changed to Tier 1. so you have to apply for FLR (in your case EC) together with your passport with total fees of 350 GBP. Since you apply for your wife along with your application her application will be free of charge. you need to provide proof of funds for your selves along with MArraige certificate plus 2 photos and HSMP approval letter or just the ref num...
For her you need provide evidence that she has atleast 550 GBp last 3 months in her bank account. In case you have 2 seperate accounts under your name you can show this as evidence for her provided you show a different account for your application.

However please call the HO and confirm on this num 01142074074. This is what you need when you apply from here, but i doubt it would be different if you apply from India.

Hope that helps,
BHumi

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Guys I'm on hsmp which was approved prior december 2006, I'm gona file my extension next month. Could you help on following

- do i need to show ielts for english proof or university letter will do
- do i need to submit all the documents again
- fee is £350 or £750 in my case

Especially i really need to know about english as it would take at least a month to get ielts done.

Many Thanks...

chiraju

Re: my timelines

Post by chiraju » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Hi.

I have also applied for HSMP (not tier1, but old rules) and expecting for the approval may be in a week or 2.
Now I need to apply for FLR - I mean for the new Tier 1 application and I am bit confused on the maintenance funds points part.
If you are the main applicant (Living in UK for more than 12 months) and you if you have a depadant with you here (with less than 12 months)
1. What is the amounf of funds you need to show ? is it 1333£ each month for 3 months?
2. And in your bank statement did you maintain the requiremed funds almost every day or just you made sure that you have the funds at the end of each month?
(I mean suppose you need show funds of 1333£ every month,
First Month statement - your PREVIOUS BALANCE is < 1333£ but then at the end of this month statement you had 1333£
Second Month statement - Previous balance is 1333£ or more , and in the middle of the month you would have had 1000£ in your account and again at the end of the month you got 1333£ or more
Third Month Statement - Previous balance is 1333£ or more , and in the middle of the month you would have had 1000£ in your account and again at the end of the month you got 1333£

Hope I have made my question clear.

I am bit confused on this maintenance funds part, I spoke to HO 2 times and no one seems to give me proper answer.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

th

Post by th » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:53 am

Hi Nagaraj,

1. My understanding is you need to show your own account while your wife has to show hers which has to be two separate accounts with two different bank statements (£800 for you and £533 for your wife).

2. Yours should NEVER go below £800 at any time during the three months period. This applies to your wife for £533.

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Nagaraj,

1. My understanding is you need to show your own account while your wife has to show hers which has to be two separate accounts with two different bank statements (£800 for you and £533 for your wife).

2. Yours should NEVER go below £800 at any time during the three months period. This applies to your wife for £533.
I don't think it is a mandatory we have to show their own account still you can show one account as a proof where the balance never below <1333 (800+533).

:lol:

[/quote]

th

Post by th » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:05 pm

From http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... ependants/:
The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on their own application or that of other dependants.

Enable

FLR Queries URGENT please

Post by Enable » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:08 am

Hi Guyz,

I have been dragging my FLR Application for the past 3 to 4 days. I have few queries can you please try to answer.
Some questions may be silly but for my peace of mind :)

Case info. - HSMP applied before 29th Feb and approval letter received 18th of march so I suppose to apply FLR through Tire 1 application form.

1. In dependent application what is the title for kids. should I select 'others' and say 'master'?

2. Dependent application form Question D4: ENTER THE VISA NUMBER OR ENTRY CLEARANCE NUMBER?
how do I find out this number? I have got quite a few numbers on my visa page in passport which is the correct number?

3. Dependent application form Question H2. HAS THE MAIN APPLICATION RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THAT THEIR APPLICATION FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN UNDER THE POINTS BASED SYSTEM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL?

What the answer if the dependent applies along with main applicant?

4. Dependent application form Question H3. "Under which category of the Points Based System has the main applicant applied?"
Answers
Tier 1 - General
Tier 1 - Post study, Entrepreneurs and Investors

As my case applied HSMP before 29th Feb What is the answer?

5. My application has 2 dependents(wife and kid. all applying together) so How do I show the maintenance proof for dependents? B'cos I have got only one set of bank statements. Is that one copy is enough for all main and 2 dependents or I need to attach separate copies for dependents. If I have to attache 3 copies the rest 2 apart from original can be photo copied?

Guyz I am really confused can please try to answer these questions. When call up HO help line they are seems to be very helpful answering... so please help me.

Thanks in advance.

kapoor@yahoo.com

Re: FLR Queries URGENT please

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:00 am

My answers below, as I did for my application
Enable wrote:Hi Guyz,

I have been dragging my FLR Application for the past 3 to 4 days. I have few queries can you please try to answer.

Case info. - HSMP applied before 29th Feb and approval letter received 18th of march so I suppose to apply FLR through Tire 1 application form.

1. In dependent application what is the title for kids. should I select 'others' and say 'master'?

--> Mr/Ms would work

2. Dependent application form Question D4: ENTER THE VISA NUMBER OR ENTRY CLEARANCE NUMBER?
how do I find out this number? I have got quite a few numbers on my visa page in passport which is the correct number?

--> Look at VPF ( dont remember exact word) on right side of your passport Visa page.

3. Dependent application form Question H2. HAS THE MAIN APPLICATION RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THAT THEIR APPLICATION FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN UNDER THE POINTS BASED SYSTEM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL?

--> since you yet to get leave to remain approved, answers is NO
4. Dependent application form Question H3. "Under which category of the Points Based System has the main applicant applied?"
Answers
Tier 1 - General

--> Tier1 General

5. My application has 2 dependents(wife and kid. all applying together) so How do I show the maintenance proof for dependents? B'cos I have got only one set of bank statements. Is that one copy is enough for all main and 2 dependents or I need to attach separate copies for dependents. If I have to attache 3 copies the rest 2 apart from original can be photo copied?

--> Just one copy would be sufficient, mention this in Cover letter

Guyz I am really confused can please try to answer these questions. When call up HO help line they are seems to be very helpful answering... so please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Aary

Post by Aary » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:00 am

Hi Enable

I am also in the same situation. Got the HSMP approval and now got to apply for Tier1 for FLR.

I also have two dependents.

As far as maintenance is concerned i think you just need to show one set of bank statements.

I am planning to submit the following docs along with my application.

1. 3 Application Forms (my self and 2 dependents)
2. 6 months salary slips.
3. 6 Months Bank statements . (Lloyds TSB online saver)
4. Marriage certificate
5. Son's DOB certificare
6. passports along with 2 sets of photographs.

Is is necessary to submit any address proof document like council Tax document ?

Aary

Post by Aary » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Kapoor

When did you apply for the Tier1 application and any Idea about the time lines for Tier 1 processing.

Thanks

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:40 am

I applied on 17th and got reference number yesterday in post. In letter, it is mentioned to give atleast 28 days before contacting bia on your application. so no idea about timelines, but believe should be less than 4 weeks.

Also, u need not to send address proof.

Aary wrote:Hi Kapoor

When did you apply for the Tier1 application and any Idea about the time lines for Tier 1 processing.

Thanks

Enable

Re: FLR Queries URGENT please

Post by Enable » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 am

kapoor@yahoo.com wrote:My answers below, as I did for my application
Enable wrote:Hi Guyz,

--> Mr/Ms would work

--> Look at VPF ( dont remember exact word) on right side of your passport Visa page.

--> since you yet to get leave to remain approved, answers is NO
Answers
Tier 1 - General

--> Tier1 General

--> Just one copy would be sufficient, mention this in Cover letter

Thanks in advance.
Kapoor, Many thanks for ur time mate.

Enable

Post by Enable » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:43 am

kapoor@yahoo.com wrote:I applied on 17th and got reference number yesterday in post. In letter, it is mentioned to give atleast 28 days before contacting bia on your application. so no idea about timelines, but believe should be less than 4 weeks.

Also, u need not to send address proof.

Aary wrote:Hi Kapoor

Thanks
Kapoor, Is there a urgent treatment available? I did check this with HO they said they have now withdrawn all the urgent treatments it seems.
What do u say?

cheers

Enable

Post by Enable » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:45 am

Aary wrote:Hi Enable

I am also in the same situation. Got the HSMP approval and now got to apply for Tier1 for FLR.

I also have two dependents.

As far as maintenance is concerned i think you just need to show one set of bank statements.

I am planning to submit the following docs along with my application.

1. 3 Application Forms (my self and 2 dependents)
2. 6 months salary slips.
3. 6 Months Bank statements . (Lloyds TSB online saver)
4. Marriage certificate
5. Son's DOB certificare
6. passports along with 2 sets of photographs.

Is is necessary to submit any address proof document like council Tax document ?
I don't think you need to attach any address proof. anyway your bank statement and pay slips will hv ur address right.

cheers

Enable

Covering letter format

Post by Enable » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:49 am

Kapoor, Aary,

Guyz do have the sample cover letter if so can you please share with me.

Thanks.

Aary

Post by Aary » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi Enable

Don't have a cover letter. i am planning to apply coming Friday

One Quick question.

Did you fill the summary section for the main applicant form. Since we already have the HSMP approval letter what should we fill in there.

Thanks

sriram_sa
Newly Registered

Post by sriram_sa » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:10 am

Hi Friends,

I am on an HSMP visa which was granted for 2 years. I am applying for extension. May I know what are the documents required for applying for extension. A detailed list of all documents would be of great help.

Sriram

nibbs08

hi Sriram

Post by nibbs08 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:14 am

am in the same boat as u r
documents needed r
1. Passport,current n past (if any)
2.proof of earning(X2)
3.proof of qualification(not needed if supplied b4)
4.proof of english language requirement
5. proof of maintenance(min £800 ovr last 3 months)
6.proof of maintence for dependence(if any)

I guess thts it :)

sriram_sa
Newly Registered

Post by sriram_sa » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:22 am

Few questions around these.

1. What is X2 mentioned again proof of earning?
2. What is proof of maintenance? Is it any council tax bills or electricity bills etc.?
3. Whats meant by min 800£ over last 3 months?

Is there any requirement for Tax proof and stuff?

Sriram
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:14 am Post subject: hi Sriram

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am in the same boat as u r
documents needed r
1. Passport,current n past (if any)
2.proof of earning(X2)
3.proof of qualification(not needed if supplied b4)
4.proof of english language requirement
5. proof of maintenance(min £800 ovr last 3 months)
6.proof of maintence for dependence(if any)

I guess thts it

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 am

dear Sriram

check the following link for the answer to ur questions

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... gevidence/

cheers

Enable

Post by Enable » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:52 am

Aary wrote:Hi Enable

Don't have a cover letter. i am planning to apply coming Friday

One Quick question.

Did you fill the summary section for the main applicant form. Since we already have the HSMP approval letter what should we fill in there.

Thanks
Hi Aary,

I did fill the summary sheet with only the first table.(first block). Its a kind of checklist applies to everybody I guess. Anyway filling that one will lead any confusion

cheers

Aary

Post by Aary » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 am

Hi All

Can i use my VISA Debit card for fee payment. I used it for paying my Initial HSMP fee payment. The below in the guide lines is bit confusing

Anyone who payed using VISA Debit for Tier1, please advice

HOW CAN YOU PAY?
You can pay by any of the following methods:
• Cheque/Bankers Draft
• Postal Order
• Credit card - Mastercard or Visa (including Electron)
• Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo)
* We can only accept Maestro cards issued in the UK

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 pm

HI,

You can use your Visa debit card. isn't it Visa delta?

Enable,

The cover letter just contains what all documents that you've been submitting for yourself and your dependents including that for maintainance funds. It is quite straightforward.

If you are submitting same proof for maintainance funds, please mention on following lines
"
a. 3 Months(Dec-07/Jan-08/Feb-08) Bank Statements for the account no. XXXX (Account Type) as a proof of Maintenance Fund
b.These statements should be used as proof of maintenance funds for me and my two dependents.
c.Since 01 Dec 2007 till date, total fund in this account (account no. XXXX) has always been above XYZ GBP which is more than the required level limit of =ABC(800+X+X).

"
Aary wrote:Hi All

Can i use my VISA Debit card for fee payment. I used it for paying my Initial HSMP fee payment. The below in the guide lines is bit confusing

Anyone who payed using VISA Debit for Tier1, please advice

HOW CAN YOU PAY?
You can pay by any of the following methods:
• Cheque/Bankers Draft
• Postal Order
• Credit card - Mastercard or Visa (including Electron)
• Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo)
* We can only accept Maestro cards issued in the UK

asiar08
Newly Registered

Applied for LTR under Point Based System under new rule

Post by asiar08 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for LTR under Point Based System on 11/03. [Ref No: PB299**]. Any idea about the processing time?? Did any one who has applied after 01/03 for LTR (under new rule), receive his/her final docs?

Thanks,
asiar08