ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : My Story

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mspawar
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : My Story

Post by mspawar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 am

PFB my timelines:

1) 7th Jul - Started my online application on technationvisa.com
2) 17th Jul - Started application on visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
3) 01st August - Submitted online application for endorsement
4) 01st August - Shipped application kit and documents from Pune, India using FedEx
5) 03rd August - Received email from Home Office stating they have received application in Home Office, Sheffield. They referred application to TechCity immediately.

---- wait --- wait --- wait --- wait---

6) 23rd August - Received email from TechCity with endorsement letter
7) 24th Aug - Started and submitted online Phase 2 VISA application (visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
8) 29th Aug - Visa appointment (biometric and document scanning). Only passports were retained by VFS Global, Pune India (I opted for standard package instead of priority/super priority)
9) 29th Aug - SMS from VFS Global stating they have forwarded my application to UKVI
10) 05 Sep - Email from UK Decision Making Centre stating they have received my online application

---- wait --- wait --- wait --- wait---

11) 13th Sep - I called their number for status. Ans: It's been discussed
12) 15th Sep - Received email from UK Decision Making Centre - stating there could be delay

---- painful wait ---- painful wait ---- painful wait ---- painful wait

13) 19th Sep - I called their number for status. Ans: It's been discussed
14) 20th Sep - SMS and email from VFS that hey have received processed application
15) 21st Sep - DTDC courier arrived
16) Decision - Visa granted for 5 years and 4 months. Passport stamped for 30 days.
I now need to travel to UK within that 30 days to collect BRP

I am happy to respond on this thread. But I am not sure how frequently I'll answer queries here.

abhi6512
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : My Story

Post by abhi6512 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Hello MS Pawar,

This is Abhi & coincidentally I too hail from Pune currently in UK, a year+ now.
First of all heartiest congratulations to you on your success, life has now turned your ways & I wish you achieve what all you intended, in this land of opportunities and fair living !!

I'm also looking forward to file my application en-route tech city.
I was bit curious about the skills & profile you proposed as your case of exceptional talent?
Highly appreciate if you can share the same as it would be immensely helpful to me in making my own application.

-Abhi

gh279760559
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : My Story

Post by gh279760559 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi Pawar,

First of all, congratulations!

May I ask what documents we need to provide on the Stage 2 (apply)?

Thanks you in advance for any help and have a nice day!
Leo