ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service Appointment cancelled due to IT Failure

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeeya2310
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Premium Service Appointment cancelled due to IT Failure

Post by xeeya2310 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:38 pm

The system is back up and running. I think we were just unlucky on the day because applicants who had their appointment after these dates have been able to get a decision which makes me think how are they processing our applications :?

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:40 pm

HELLO all
After speaking to UKVI helpline i was told to write sheffield premium service centre or email complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I dont know if i should or wait another week
We were unlucky its true but we have paid for premium service and home office should accommodate us

xeeya2310
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by xeeya2310 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I've already emailed the complaints department - no reply there either

Write as in post a letter or email sheffield psc? if so, did he provide you with an email address?

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm

xeeya2310 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Write as in post a letter or email sheffield psc? if so, did he provide you with an email address?
Yes write in post. I think it will not help to make process faster.
What i think is they have put our files on side and taking it as others which are not decided on same day due to insufficient documentation.
I dont know if i should get my MP involved or wait. don't have a clue. This unnecessary wait is annoying

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm

sheffieldpremiumservicecentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This is the email for Sheffield Psc

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello guys i was wondering that if any of you did get a letter for further checks because I have applied on 16th October and they gave me a letter of further checks after that I haven't heard anything from them

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:06 am

Umair123 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm
sheffieldpremiumservicecentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This is the email for Sheffield Psc
do you know what is the email address or Fax no for Glasgow PSC

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 am

Don’t know for Glasgow. And also our applications were held cuz of IT failure not for further checks.

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 am

HELlo all
My husband had MP involved and he was given a tracking number by MP SECRETARY to trace post
Today we received his passport and documents back in recorded delivery
Thanks all members for help special CR01 and zumbaa
Wish you all best

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Congrats
Could you plz explain did you go on 24th October to Sheffield Psc and when did you involved MP I mean wt date?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Good job @Amyski04, it does seem to have an impact to get the local MP involved, and it gets traced faster.

This is an ongoing problem ever since I applied for my first PEO appointment in Croydon in 2012 and I was affected as well, later received approval and documents via mail after 3 weeks.

I am certain I have seen at least 1 post where the applicant was provided a refund where they were unable to process on the same day due to an IT error.

Certainly worth pressing for a refund.
Cheers,
OR

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:55 pm

O_Relly wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:10 pm
Good job @Amyski04, it does seem to have an impact to get the local MP involved, and it gets traced faster.

This is an ongoing problem ever since I applied for my first PEO appointment in Croydon in 2012 and I was affected as well, later received approval and documents via mail after 3 weeks.

I am certain I have seen at least 1 post where the applicant was provided a refund where they were unable to process on the same day due to an IT error.

Certainly worth pressing for a refund.
Thanks O_relly
Yes i did email at refunds email and got an email back from them to confirm they will refund 590 into card
I have a question in the letter received today it does not say that your application has been approved it just says your documents have been enclosed and BRP will sent to you separately
Does that mean he have got the ILR ?
Last edited by Amyski04 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:57 pm

Umair123 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm
Congrats
Could you plz explain did you go on 24th October to Sheffield Psc and when did you involved MP I mean wt date?
SOrry Umair i could not update you guys yesterday
My husband contacted MP office yesterday about 3:40 and he got reply from mp within 20 minutes
Voting her again 😊

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanx for reply I was there on same day for ILR haven’t heard anything yet do you think I should write to them myself or through MP?
Also do you think they decided after being contacted or they had already decided?
Sorry for that but you reply is very helpful thanx.

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Umair123 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 pm
Thanx for reply I was there on same day for ILR haven’t heard anything yet do you think I should write to them myself or through MP?
Also do you think they decided after being contacted or they had already decided?
Sorry for that but you reply is very helpful thanx.
I would say ask your mp to contact them on your behalf and see what comes out if not then write to them. Mp would need your CASE ID to track your application progress from ukvi. Mps can only help with the queries about applicantions and can not do not anything to make the process quicker. When my mp contacted ukvi application was already progressed and documents were posted.
Contact your MP to see if your application has been processed or still in queue

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Thanx for reply
But as I mentioned before I was not given any letter or application reference number so i don’t know what should I do.
Could you please write the refund email address
Thanx

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Umair123 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm
Thanx for reply
But as I mentioned before I was not given any letter or application reference number so i don’t know what should I do.
Thanx
pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Yes your situation is more complex as you were not given any letter. Were your biometrics taken on 24th?

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 pm

Yes they took biometrics and took my application form with supporting docs but didn’t give any letter in spite of asking.
Thanx for your reply

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:34 pm

xeeya2310 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi xeeya2310
Have you received any reply from them in term of Email or call?
Did you go on 24th oct to Sheffield psc?

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Any update?

irfanahmad78
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by irfanahmad78 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Dear All,

My appointment was on Oct 25h at Cryodon. I was told on October 24th that I no longer can attend my in person appointment due to IT system. I was so waiting for this appointment with everything ready. Now I have been given a new date in November. However, there is no confirmation email yet and system is still showing the old date of appointment. This means I can not look for another slot to reschedule my appointment and that is really frustrating.

You may have also noticed that a new SET-O form is also out on OCtober 30th. I am not sure if they will still accept the old documents or do everyone impacted by this have to fill the new form and get the updated documents ( Bank statement, Salary slip , absence record updates etc etc)....Can someone comment on this ? When called at helpline they advised to send email to pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I have not heard from them yet.

Any comments in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Irfan

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi irfan.
Very sorry to see that you are invloved in same situatuon lWhen we were in sheffield PSC and this issue was going on, a lady from management told one of the applicants, whose visa was going to expire and could not wait for another appointment in couple weeks time, that home offic will make exemptions and their applicanion will be considered from the time of the original appointment.
You should speak to home office visa and immigration help line and acknowledge them also when going to to next appointment make a cover letter and state due to it issues your appointment was canceled
I wish you best of luck

irfanahmad78
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by irfanahmad78 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:26 am

Dear Amyski04 ,

Many thanks for your kind response.

What I am concerned about is preparing the documents again, specially when the New SET (O) Form is out.
I am not sure if they will still accept the old form ( they should as cancellation was due to their IT system crash). At the same time, they may refuse taking the old documents so its a catch 22 situation and not sure if anyone else on the forum is facing the similar situation.

I will trying getting an answer via helpline, Let see and I will keep everyone posted here.

Irfan

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Amyski04 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:02 pm
Umair123 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm
Thanx for reply
Thanx
pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Yes your situation is more complex as you were not given any letter. Were your biometrics taken on 24th?
Hi there just to let you know that I have received my doc today and will receive Brp later thanx for your kind help.
Just want to ask should I email for Psc refund? And also what did you write in email have you received any response? Are we eligible for refund?
Thanx.
Umair

Umair123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umair123 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi
You haven’t replied yet have you received your Psc fee or not yet and plz reply what did you write in email as I asked you before are we eligible for refund plz
Thanx