ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member visa refused

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ajjannat
Newly Registered
Greece

EEA family member visa refused

Post by Ajjannat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi everyone I have some questions to ask I'm so worried and confused I don't know what to do. This month I have applied for my husband and 3 days ago my husband got refused because of our mistake :( . I'm greek citizen my husband is from Bangladesh we got merried in February in Bangladesh bt have done the registration in both country in greece and also there bt when we applied for uk visa my husband he gave photocopy of the marriage certificate and they refused because off that and also they didn't returned my documents back they just returned my bank statement and the passport. So now I went to a solicitor she have been advised me to do fresh application now I have everything bt the problem is my marriage certificate from bangladesh they have some spelling mistake like my mom name have to be with (o) instead of (u) so now what to I need to do ? Do I need a new translation of my marriage certificate or I can make a cover letter by saying apologies because my marriage certificate that is original copy with the stamp of VFS ? And also if I provide now everything again new like they expected to see should I get rejected again or maybe they gonna give the visa to my husband because I'm so worried about the marriage certificate and I don't know what to do. Please help me anyone who knows what I can do in this situation.

Ajjannat
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: EEA family member visa refused

Post by Ajjannat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Sorry I forgot to say that my husband he is in greece he have the EEA family member card and I'm in the Uk around 9 month I have gave the proof and all the supporting documents.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 pm

Ajjannat wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 pm
Sorry I forgot to say that my husband he is in greece he have the EEA family member card and I'm in the Uk around 9 month I have gave the proof and all the supporting documents.
He can just join you in the UK on the face of it. However if you are Greek, and your husband has an EEA FP - where did you exercise a treaty right to be granted that?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ajjannat
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Ajjannat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Yeah I'm greek citizen and my husband he have the EEA family member permit ,sorry I didnt understand what do you said can you explain me again please.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Your husband cannot get a residence card for the family member of a eu citizen in your home country except in a Surinder Singh case.
Btw. the holder of a residence card due to article 10 of the eu directive doesn't need a visa.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:27 pm

I checked annex 22 of the visa codex. It looks like greece make no difference between family members of eu citizen and family members of greece citizen.
Is there something like Family member EU/EEA in english on the residence card?